• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 108740 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
cretzspirate

Re: Updates Reply to this Post

heya! i'm using Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer, version 1.0.1531.317

the problem is that Rambutan is "Rambuta" and doesn't show up in the Commodity Sellers Tab
----------------------------------------
Sirrah on Viridian
[Nov 25, 2009 1:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Updates - Patches Reply to this Post

There are 2 patches, you need to download: Rambutan and Cannonballs. Check the link in Brandishwar's post of Sep 7th about cannonballs. There's one earlier with link to the Rambutan.
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Nov 25, 2009 2:39:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Updates - Wishlist Reply to this Post

Sounds really exciting. Thanks, Brandishwar

I'd like to add just a tiny little wish to the list, if I may:

In the Island-to-Island tab under: Exclude, I'd really like to see an extra check mark to exclude a whole category of commodes, rather than just the individual items. For example, if I don't want to haul cloth, that's a lot of boxes to check :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Nov 26, 2009 1:25:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
cretzspirate

Thank ye very much
Sirrah on Viridian
[Nov 26, 2009 2:09:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

I read it was for Windows XP/Vista, but what about Mac?
Trogo on Viridian.
[Nov 26, 2009 6:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I read it was for Windows XP/Vista, but what about Mac?

Right now, it isn't available for Mac. I do hope to begin porting it to other operating systems (Mac, Linux) once I have the features all in place.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Nov 27, 2009 12:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maniac47

Ahoy there mate. I downloaded your application earlier today, downloaded the necessary Java Runtime from the link provided on your site, but unfortunately I can't get the Trade Profiteer to capture any information :(
I have anti-aliased and large fonts off, not playing in full screen, I downloaded and ran your shortcut .exe file from the site aswell. It keeps telling me it can't find the client window.
Any ideas?
Thanks, the tool looks very useful =]
J A M S T E R D U D E
Captain of Unboochable
Viridian
[Nov 27, 2009 4:32:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/jaminc444 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I have anti-aliased and large fonts off, not playing in full screen, I downloaded and ran your shortcut .exe file from the site aswell. It keeps telling me it can't find the client window.
Any ideas?

Ahoy maniac,

I do apologize for not responding sooner -- holiday weekend and all. Anyway, this might sound like a stupid question, but are you running Puzzle Pirates from the shortcut that was created?

It looks like you're on Viridian, and that is the default ocean, so that shouldn't be an issue. What is the exact error message you are receiving?
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Nov 30, 2009 9:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Realjuan

Hi,
Just downloaded your program, also downloaded Sun's Java version 5, downloaded the little tool to create the shortcut, disable the antialiased in PP, and change the ocean to sage.

I still get the error messages:
If i used the stable version I get error trying to detect columns in the market data window
If I use the alpha version I get no PP window is open or in sage ocean.

I run windows 7, sage ocean, all my languages are in English.

Hope this helps you,
Latinboy, sage
Latinboy
"Ten cuidado con el pirate del caribe, vamo' a ve' si tu tienes calibre" Daddy Yankee

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Realjuan at Dec 1, 2009 3:15:42 AM]
[Dec 1, 2009 2:29:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maniac47

Any ideas?

Ahoy maniac,

I do apologize for not responding sooner -- holiday weekend and all. Anyway, this might sound like a stupid question, but are you running Puzzle Pirates from the shortcut that was created?

It looks like you're on Viridian, and that is the default ocean, so that shouldn't be an issue. What is the exact error message you are receiving?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I am running it from the shortcut that was created.
The messages I get are:

Puzzle Pirates does not appear to be running, or no clients are running for the Viridian ocean. (I play on Viridian, so thats not the problem)

and

Unable to find any Puzzle Pirates client window

Thanks again,
Jamster
J A M S T E R D U D E
Captain of Unboochable
Viridian
[Dec 1, 2009 12:21:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/jaminc444 [Link]  Go to top 
Poondog

Hi,
Just downloaded your program, also downloaded Sun's Java version 5, downloaded the little tool to create the shortcut, disable the antialiased in PP, and change the ocean to sage.

I still get the error messages:
If i used the stable version I get error trying to detect columns in the market data window
If I use the alpha version I get no PP window is open or in sage ocean.

I run windows 7, sage ocean, all my languages are in English.

Hope this helps you,
Latinboy, sage

I am getting the exact same thing with both versions. Only difference is i play on cobalt and run XP pro
[Dec 2, 2009 5:08:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I do apologize for not being very talkative this past week. I've been hard at work not only at work but also with developing on planned features for the Trade Profiteer. I've also been trying to figure out how to overcome various obstacles with the Java Access Bridge.

First on to questions. With the alpha release of the Trade Profiteer (currently at 1.1.209), you will need to look for the shortcut "Install Java Access Bridge" in the start menu folder for the Trade Profiteer. For most people this should install without a problem, but there have been a few issues I've run into, and I'll explain those at the next development release. (Close all browser windows and Puzzle Pirates windows before running this.)

For those running the current stable release, you may need to check the Java version that Puzzle Pirates is actually using. You can do this by clicking on the Options button and the JRE version will be displayed on the first tab. If the version is not 1.5.0_[some number], then the Trade Profiteer (1.0.x) will not work. Aside from that, I know that there have been issues with the Trade Profiteer not wanting to detect the window -- this is why I'm moving it away from the OCR -- so if it fails to detect the window you can try clicking on the Puzzle Pirates window, then clicking back onto the Trade Profiteer and trying the scan again.

Now for updates. I plan to cut another development release soon -- possibly tonight if some minor details can be wrapped up. This next release will include a cargo planning feature. It is virtually complete but I have an enhancement or two in mind that may or may not make it into the final version -- I love experimenting. I've also made a couple other enhancements and changes to the user interface and existing features.

I'll be detailing everything in the release announcement, so stay tuned. I'm also considering creating some kind of knowledge base on my web site as well, so if I move in that direction, I'll be sure to announce that as well.

Fair winds.
[Dec 7, 2009 8:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Great Job, Brandishwar!

Can't wait for the new release, and I hope all the issues other players have with running the program, will be history.

Myself, for whom it now works flawlessly (with your kind assistance) - well, except on Ice - , I'm very happy with the performance, and even the occasional mega-profit glitch gives me the giggles as well as an instant of excitement... could it be they buy yellow paint at 3100 in Lagniappe? hehehe.. of course not, but it makes me look... just in case

:)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Dec 7, 2009 12:17:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Trade Profiteer - version 1.1.308 Reply to this Post

New version: 1.1.308
A lot has been added in this new released version as we move yet another step closer to the next full release of the Trade Profiteer... the question to be answered is just how many steps are left. Anyway?...
So let's talk features, shall we?
Cargo planning
The major feature for this release is one that has been requested numerous times and is finally here: cargo planning. So what exactly is cargo planning? Well it's exactly as it sounds: it gives you the ability to plan a purchase and see not only how much it will cost, but also how much space you'll need, including the smallest ship upon which it'll fit.
It's pretty straightforward: either start from scratch by clicking Cargo->Plan a shipment, or select a route and click "Plan it". If you go the latter route, you'll be able to modify the list given, adjusting quantities and adding or removing commodities from the list until you get what you want. Don't forget the rum!
Data manager
In order to facilitate cargo planning, obviously the mass and volume information for the commodities must be provided. These are visible through the Data Manager (Data->Data Manager). If you notice any mass or volume that doesn't look right, and you can verify that with the YPPedia, let me know so a correction can be issued.
And of course to know what ship upon which your planned shipment will fit, the ship information is provided as well. In the Data Manager, this information is visible under a new tab.
Data updates
To bring all of this to you, a database update feature had to be devised as well. Your database file is not touched when you upgrade the Trade Profiteer or uninstall it. This is so your preferences and saved routes remain in tact. So to distribute data updates, such as those that facilitate the above features, an updates file will be distributed with each subsequent version of the Trade Profiteer. Each update is tagged with a particular version number so updates not applying to the version you have installed can be filtered out.
Java Access Bridge
I've written a help article on the main site detailing how to install the Java Access Bridge and what is required of you to be able to install it.
Article: "Installing the Java Access Bridge"
I am doing my best to develop an installer that compatible with as many systems as possible. Please be patient and report any problems you have installing the bridge.
Fini
Well that's about it in a nutshell. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Blog post: Trade Profiteer - version 1.1.308
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Dec 8, 2009 9:12:51 PM]
[Dec 8, 2009 9:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Re: Trade Profiteer - version 1.1.308 Reply to this Post

I'm sorry, but I just... give up :(

I read the new release post with interest, and having talked with Brandishwar via PM, decided to try again to get this working for me.

I dowloaded the latest development release. Installed it with no problems, and then installed the Java Access Bridge, also without problems.

I edited the Puzzle Pirates start icon that created, to point to where my game is installed.

I REALLY thought that FINALLY I could get a look at this program....

Unfortunately, once I had run the game (using the correct icon that had just been created and edited) and run the Trade Profiteer, and set my ocean to Midnight.... I went to Delta Market, opened up the Buy and Sell Commodities screen, then went to Trade Profiteer to inport the data. I got the exact same message I have always got... "Puzzle Pirates does not appear to be running, or no clients are running for the Midnight Ocean".

I tried "...clicking on the Puzzle Pirates window, then clicking back onto the Trade Profiteer and trying the scan again"... as mentioned by Brandishwar in the previous post, and that didn't work.

The new icon that the Java Access Bridge Installer creates for starting PP is actually pointless as far as I can see, except for those people who don't know anything about targets and start directories (fair enough to make it for those people in that case). It merely puts the target box entry pointing to the Javaw.exe file in the Java Runtime installation Bin folder, rather than the (always latest version) of that file in Windows\System32 folder that I normally use.

So it is not a fault with the icon that is stopping Profiteer from working. It is simply failing to detect the running game for some reason.

Redseawitch says it is working wonderfully for her, and I'm happy for her, but on my Windows XP Home Edition OS, it just will NOT detect the running game.

I'm very disappointed, as I thought that this was going to be the day I got to use the program, but after trying to use this program so many times now, I just give up :(

Using the stable version is not an option, even if that one wroked for me, which it doesn't, for the same reason.
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Dec 9, 2009 2:23:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

First off, I'm soooo soooo sorry, it's not working for Algy... maybe, since it seems to be the partitioned HD that's the problem, it could be looked at in a different way? I'd REALLY love for her to use PPTP and NOT give up quite yet...

Having said that, I'm almost embarrassed to say that it works flawlessly for me, out of the box so to speak. Better than the previous version.

I've looked at the new features, but haven't had much time to try them. I wasn't one of the people who was looking for that particular thing :)

Good work all in all.. just... hoping that there'll be a fix for Algy's problem
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Dec 9, 2009 2:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Realjuan

So far it doesnt work. I uninstall everything and install everything again, but doesnt work.

I'll try more this afternoon. Hope it works
LatinBoy
Latinboy
"Ten cuidado con el pirate del caribe, vamo' a ve' si tu tienes calibre" Daddy Yankee

"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau
[Dec 9, 2009 6:31:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Just a quick post to let people know what's happening in my case. I already PM'd Brandishwar about it....

I have Profiteer (development version) up and running :)

I simply uninstalled Puzzle Pirates and Profiteer. Scrubbed my system of any mention of them both, then reinstalled Puzzle Pirates using the full installer and let it install into the DEFAULT location, in C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design.... etc.

I then installed Profiteer and the Java Access Bridge with no problems.

On running the game and Profiteer, I set for Midnight ocean, went to Delta Market and successfully imported the data.

I am now off to play with my new toy... LOL!
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Dec 11, 2009 10:16:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I am now off to play with my new toy... LOL!

Yay, Algy... /me doing the happy dance... glad it finally works for you

and on that note... maybe that's what I should do? I'd love for it to work on Ice again...

and I'd love for it to work with 2 clients open again. That's my main issue atm. It gives me the option of pirate one or pirate two, and then complains, it can't find the Y!PP window. As soon as I close the second client, it's ok
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Dec 11, 2009 11:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Wishlist:

could you make it so it does not close altogether, when you hit "Esc"?
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Dec 11, 2009 12:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I've opened two new issue tickets for what you've presented, RedSeaWitch. I'm also going to be looking into what Algy has reported.

TP-6 - Does not work with multiple Y!PP windows
TP-7 - Change so it doesn't close when pressing Esc

And algy, your earlier request about specifying the installation folder also has an issue ticket associated with it:

TP-5 - Add ability to specify installation folder
[Dec 11, 2009 4:10:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Cool, thanks.

Once you get the problem with game detection sorted, it will be great to be able to uninstall everything from C: and then reinstall into the partition where things belong :)

I second Redseawitch's request for a non-closing version, so glad to see that getting listed for review.

When I started testing PPTP I discovered that it doesn't behave like other programs I have when running a second instance. It just runs another, blank one - no warning message, or just popping the current one to the front.

I would like to see an option to minimize it to the tray, instead of having a footprint on the taskbar, and the Escape key or Exit X merely minimizing to tray instead of quitting.

Having the Exit command in the file menu is sufficient, along with the right mouse button on the taskbar (tray) icon or the ALT + F4 options. Not to mention the Task Manager quit method.

So many ways to quit the program, but no way to prevent accidental closure... lol

I have also noticed that the hotkey combination for data import doesn't appear to work. Not sure if that's just my system, or universal. Anyone else noticed this?
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Dec 12, 2009 9:40:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

When I started testing PPTP I discovered that it doesn't behave like other programs I have when running a second instance. It just runs another, blank one - no warning message, or just popping the current one to the front.

I'm surprised I didn't restrict its ability to spawn a second instance. But the "blank" display is likely because the database is opened by the first instance exclusively, so without an open database with which to work, it just doesn't display anything.

I would like to see an option to minimize it to the tray, instead of having a footprint on the taskbar, and the Escape key or Exit X merely minimizing to tray instead of quitting.

I'll see how much demand there is for this particular functionality. It won't be difficult to implement, but there are other considerations on top of this, not to mention questions to be asked to determine if it should be minimized to the tray.

Most applications that can be minimized to the tray notification area have uses across various areas of productivity: instant messengers, anti-virus and anti-spyware, other service-related applications, and so on.

The Trade Profiteer is virtually useless without Puzzle Pirates running, so having it minimize to the system tray doesn't seem logical. I know it could be made a configuration option, but I'm just trying to determine the viability of that kind of move. Anyone else have a take on this?

I have also noticed that the hotkey combination for data import doesn't appear to work. Not sure if that's just my system, or universal. Anyone else noticed this?

The hotkey actually was never fully implemented. It works in some areas but not others, so I need to get it fully implemented [TP-8].
[Dec 12, 2009 12:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Actually, correction, the database is not opened exclusively -- a minor limitation of the SQLite database engine -- so why it's showing up "blank" is beyond me. Beyond that, though, you should not be able to run multiple instances as that can cause all kinds of problems...
[Dec 12, 2009 2:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I've opened two new issue tickets for what you've presented, RedSeaWitch. I'm also going to be looking into what Algy has reported.

YAY! uninstalling the client worked! Thanks for that suggestion, Algy, and Brandishwar - Thank YOU for this marvellous program

Edit:
Double YAY!! Ice works, too, after un-/re-install of Ice client!
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedSeaWitch at Dec 14, 2009 1:16:16 PM]
[Dec 14, 2009 1:09:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Trade Profiteer - 1.1.326 Reply to this Post

I hope everyone has so far had happy and safe holiday season, whatever your faith (if any). And even during this buy holiday season, I managed to get a new release of the Trade Profiteer put together. This one is still considered an alpha release, but I think we're approaching beta testing for what will be version 1.2 of the Trade Profiteer.
Download: Trade Profiteer version 1.1.326

Enhancements

TP-3 - Export imported data to comma-delimited file
This feature was requested by RedSeaWitch when she sent me a PM asking for the ability to export the imported data to an external file.
Go to Data->"Export shoppe data" to access the feature. You will select an island, one or more (or all) commodities, and the export file. The data is exported in CSV format, which is compatible with virtually every spreadsheet application available.
This new feature could probably be enhanced further, so I welcome feedback on this.

Bug fixes

TP-7 - Change so it doesn't close when pressing Esc
TP-8 - Ctrl-I key combination not working
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Dec 26, 2009 7:46:28 PM]
[Dec 26, 2009 7:45:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer - 1.1.326 Reply to this Post

AWESOMETASTIC

that's the first reaction... it works with multiple clients so I don't have to kick off the alts, when they're gem sitting while I'm trying to figure out what else to haul.... and the data export feature works excellently... though I think I may not have been concise in what I'd wanted. I'll get back to you on that.

Algy told me about the Ctrl-I ... hmmmm. ok.. seems to work, don't really know, cause I'm bad, I hardly ever use short-cuts. I don't mind menues and mouse wiggles :)

Esc just hides it.. nice.... :)

well... really.. thank YOU from the bottom of my piratey heart, that you've taken the time over the holidays to present us with this gift... wheeeeee ...

hope you had a great feast.

xox
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Dec 27, 2009 12:02:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

I don't have time to fully test the new release tonight, but I've looked at it, and seen that the CTRL + I shortcut now works for importing data, and Escape key doesn't quit TP. The X button still quits without confirmation though.

However, the biggest improvement for me is how you have changed it so it disallows the running of a second instance. Just popping it to the front if it's already running.

This is the perfect behaviour for me, as I program one of my extra keyboard buttons to run the program. With the new behaviour, I can now push TP to the background by clicking in the game window or elsewhere, and when I want it again, I just hit my programmed keyboard button and TP pops to front again.

If you were closer, I'd kiss you for this little improvement :)
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Dec 27, 2009 12:03:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rolok

Looks like you've done a fantastic job. If I find myself with a lot of time again at some point I'll check it out. Keep up the good work!
Yawl, just Yawl.
[Jan 5, 2010 7:40:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

argggghhhh.. I logged on and wanted to go to Enamelot... and it was gone. Or I was on the wrong island?

NO... the island renaming scheme has finally been implemented.

For the new dev version, thank goodness, you don't need the names, but it still needs to be changed in the stable version.

so here we go:

Palace
old Knight Court
new Spring Reign

Market
old Spring Market
new -

Inn
old Twelve Steppes Inn
new -

Bank
old Carpe Dime
new Unsprung Zero's

Tailor Bazaar:
old I Came, I Sew, I Conquered
new Blooming Bloomers

IM Bazaar
old Be Steel My Heart
new Spring Pong Balls

Shipyard Bazaar
old Sloopery When Wet
new Spring A Song Of Sextants

Distillery Bazaar
old Ale Caesar
new Brews Spring Stein

Weavery Bazaar
old Waste Knot, Want Knot
to Spring Tied

Apothecary Bazaar
old Enamelot
new Water Re-Leaf

Furniture Bazaar
old Knightstands
new Rusty Springs

Estate Agent
old Centurion XXI
new Springblocks

Houses were renamed too, but they don't show up on your list :)

Maybe with all this, it's time to go live with the dev version :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Jan 14, 2010 3:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates