• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 108723 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
RedSeaWitch

Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

Thanks, mate. I had not expected a response so quickly, and when I read it at 230am, I was not able to coherently read or write :)

Full Screen: I'm not using full screen. I'm using 800x600. On my laptop screen, which is set to 1024x768, the Y!PP window of course leaves desk space visible. On the external 20 inch monitor, which is set up as 800x600, the Y!PP window occupies all, almost like full screen, but is moveable.

I've somehow managed to make it work, though. At first it would only work with Y!PP and PPTP on the same screen (laptop). Now, it works, if I put PPTP on the monitor. It does not work the other way round, giving me obstruction error messages.

Sofar, so good... only thing is, I'm squinting at the font... if it's at all possible, enabling large fonts would be super! I am finding that when pillaging or doing other than trader/shop stuff, I'm resetting the application to large fonts and back when I'm trading again.

Thanks for the explanations about all that. It does make sense.

Now to one thing, that I'm missing somehow: Bid/market spawns. I see the Market Bidding tab, with some commodities and user input fields. I don't understand that.

There's no current display of bid status at the markets, right? Like Spring atm: Wood bid 22 volume 1,726

So to keep track of the bid ticket market, I'll need to manually collect data?

Input of this manual data into the Market Bidding tab then gives me, what the rest of the world would pay for my filled bid tix?

Forgive me if that's too convoluted. Trying to wrap my head around things.

PS: when I made the icon for Ice this morning, I copied the target info from the icon I made yesterday for the production oceans. I know I had done that right, since it does work and I was running Java 1.6 before PPTP. However, I noticed it changed itself (magically?) to

"C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates\java\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

I have standard and Ice in separate directories. As of right now, Ice is still
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_20\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

Don't know if this signifies anything, but I thought you should know.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is a really great and (mostly) simple way of doing things.

/me awards Brandishwar the Badge of SuperSpeshulness :)
----------------------------------------
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Sep 6, 2009 11:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Large font support is in development. I think I have it working now, and I'll consider making an "unstable" release to let you play around with it. It doesn't support Java 6 yet -- that's on the way -- but I think I have large font support working which should help alleviate your problem.

And don't worry about the "unstable" label as what I have written won't crash your computer, to my immediate knowledge. "Unstable" is another term used in project management to mean "not final", "beta", or "still in development".

(Note to self: make some online documentation)

On the market bidding, there is not a way to import the market bidding data and store it, and there is good reason for this. As part of my commodity trading, I would "supplement my portfolio" with bid tickets. Depending on the commodity, quantity requested, and the island where the ticket was bought, among other factors, the ticket could take hours, days, or longer to fill. This makes importing and storing the market bidding data in practicality useless.

Instead the Market Bidding tab is used for when you have delivered the ticket and are about to move it to another island, presumably to sell it for a potential profit. You enter the details of the ticket (select the commodity, enter the bid price and quantity), it will do a little math to determine the total cost of the ticket, then search the archipelago or ocean to find where you can take it for a profit and how much profit you could expect selling it there, assuming the imported market data for that island is up to date.

I don't know why the previous tools stored market bidding information (current bid price and volume) as it is of virtually no use, and I see no point in storing useless data.

For the desktop shortcut, I provided a setup article on my web site on how to create a shortcut to use the Trade Profiteer with Y!PP in which the suggestion is made on creating a separate shortcut. This will prevent Y!PP updates from resetting the shortcut back. If you have difficulty following what is suggested in that article, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

(I wonder if I can create an automated script to set that up instead...)
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Sep 7, 2009 12:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Thanks, matey, again, for your detailed information.

1. Large fonts - bless you.. I'm one of those players in the "way over the hill" age bracket, Y!PP was so surprised to find in their recent survey. Anything to make looking at screens easier on the eyes, helps. Heck, I've even got a pair of glasses made that are so out of whack for ordinary viewing that my eye doc was sure, his assistant had made a mistake when measuring. But I can see perfectly on the computer :)

2. The desktop icon: I can follow instructions, that wasn't a problem. I did exactly as you described. Then, making the new icon for the Ice Ocean, which runs in a separate directory (at least on my computer) and has its own desktop icon, I noticed that what I'd put into the standard one after duplication, changed back to the previous target. Not sure how, or why. Will deal with that (probably later today, as I expect tomorrow, Tuesday, to be release of the new shoppe stuff... arghhh... how I hate that change :( )

3. I know what "unstable" release means, have no problem with that either. Do I understand, however, you have that on your website now? (wandering off in a moment to check)

4. Market Bidding Info - makes absolutely sense, what you said. I know some pirates who engage in 1 PoE incremental bidding wars at the markets, like recently on Ice. Doesn't do anyone any good, except messing with all tix and trading.. /stop rant

5. Thanks again, mate, for the great job and the awesome tool. I've told a lot of my trading hearties about it, now that I've found it. I'll keep spreading the word (and lose the edge on the competition, heheh), this is just too good not to share. I just wished, I'd seen it earlier. No clue, why it eluded me, unless my brain associated it with the Bleach thing, which to me is/was useless.

6. Carry on with yer pillaging
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 7, 2009 4:06:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

oh, I forgot why I'd come to the thread AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME... duh.. rather than convoluting my response to your prior, I'll add one:

I'm on Alpha, having won some medium CB's in battle. I'd like to sell them to the highest bidder, and checked on the Commodity Buyers Tab. Much to my surprise, there's no showing of any buyers for any size CB's. Ditto on the Commodity Sellers. This is true for Entire Ocean as well as individual Arch's. It's ok for any sort of rum though, which is in that same category. Checking on the island or shipboard with the dock side market in Alpha, med CB's are traded in both directions.

Thought you might wanna know
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 7, 2009 4:11:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Well I've figured out the problem with the cannonballs and it was another issue with the database. I've posted another data patch on my web site to correct the issue. Same solution as with the rambutan patch: download and run.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Sep 7, 2009 8:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinchie

Are there any special instructions for changing the shortcut info for Vista? A certain angel that posts here has tried helping me, and it looks like I have tried everything, now when i open the prog and try to import i get the msg 'unable to access jarlife getdown-dop.jar
[Sep 8, 2009 11:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ame

The tool works fine for me after I installed the older Java version.

Only issue I have found is Waterberry is an unknown island when I try load the trader prices.
Piranne Midnight, Captain of Relaxing Pirates and queen of Sunny Places
[Sep 9, 2009 4:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

There shouldn't be. I have a Vista on another computer and I was able to install it using the instructions I provided on my web site.

Are there any special instructions for changing the shortcut info for Vista? A certain angel that posts here has tried helping me, and it looks like I have tried everything, now when i open the prog and try to import i get the msg 'unable to access jarlife getdown-dop.jar

[Sep 9, 2009 6:14:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Only issue I have found is Waterberry is an unknown island when I try load the trader prices.

Did it prompt you for the building to use as the auto-detect?
[Sep 9, 2009 6:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Did it prompt you for the building to use as the auto-detect?

I had that, and it did prompt. Gave me Blueberry as an option. Was ok.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 10, 2009 12:26:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
ame

No, I was not prompted for a building name.
[Sep 10, 2009 11:19:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swiggums

ok so i'm running the Java 1.6 version and having gone through this thread - i tried reinstalling 1.5 version that is needed.. didn't seem to work though.

is there a way to go get the older Java version loaded?
Monty
Captain
Black Hearted Scallywags

YARR!!!
[Sep 11, 2009 11:07:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

There are instructions on my web page about how to set up a shortcut so that it will use the older Java. Have you followed these instructions to set up the shortcut?

No, I was not prompted for a building name.

It's a two-stage process. First it should have asked you which Island you were on. After you select the island, it should have asked you which building name to use next time to automatically recognize the island. Did either of these occur?
[Sep 11, 2009 6:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swiggums

Thanks i missed that some how - it is working now. i guess the question I have then is;

everytime i want to use your program am i going to need to jump to all the markets to have them read as the prices do change, shop close and new ones open?

seems like a very cool program and I am going to have a fun time with it though :)
Monty
Captain
Black Hearted Scallywags

YARR!!!
[Sep 11, 2009 9:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ame

I tried again, and yes I was prompted about the island name and later the shop name.

I simply misunderstood what to do, I read it as I should tell you about the missing Island, that's why I wrote here.
[Sep 12, 2009 2:21:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinchie

I have spent so many hours doing this over and over following the instructions on your set up info. I am still getting the error window that it is unable to access the jarfile? Any suggestions for me? I have the shortcut exactly as you have it.
[Sep 15, 2009 4:53:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I will try tonight to see if I can create something that can set up the shortcut for you or verify that it was created properly. Given how many questions I've received on just that alone, I'll see what I can do to make that easier.

I have spent so many hours doing this over and over following the instructions on your set up info. I am still getting the error window that it is unable to access the jarfile? Any suggestions for me? I have the shortcut exactly as you have it.

[Sep 15, 2009 6:49:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Well I've created a quick tool to create a desktop shortcut for you. No more toiling. I don't know why I didn't think to do this sooner...

Download the tool.
[Sep 15, 2009 11:31:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I was bored tonite and fiddled around on Hunter, being that I still got boat loads of cloth sitting around there.... and lo and behold, there's no Aimuari in Orion Arch ...

Granted, it's an annoying place, but did ye hafta sell it?

Actually it pulls down the data, and it's in Island to Island, but when checking Commodity buyers and sellers, it's not there.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 16, 2009 2:57:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Actually it pulls down the data, and it's in Island to Island, but when checking Commodity buyers and sellers, it's not there.

It's not where? What kind of cloth are you trying to trade?
[Sep 16, 2009 6:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Aimuari is in the island-to-island tab. It's not in the Commodity Buyers and Commodities Sellers tab. It wasn't just cloth. I tried with about anything, it wasn't listed. Checking the market from my boat, I could see. Aim is a big populated island, almost worse than Nu on Midnight. I'm sure someone would have wanted to buy or sell SOMETHING ANYTHING.

I'll go again later tonite, see if anything has changed
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 16, 2009 10:02:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I tried importing data on Hunter on Aimuari and it worked perfectly fine for me. Can you provide annotated screenshots of what you're expecting to see? I just want to make sure I fully understand the issue.
[Sep 16, 2009 11:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

sorry about the delay. I tried again and it worked this time. No idea what happened before
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Sep 21, 2009 9:27:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

sorry about the delay. I tried again and it worked this time. No idea what happened before

That's good to hear. Keep an eye out to see if you notice it again. If you do, let me know.
[Sep 21, 2009 5:03:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobbyu

i have had a look i cant find anything on it when i go to import commodity data it comes up with "fatal error whilst trying to detect the columns in the market data window" i have set up everything exactly as it should be according to the website but no luck.
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
[Sep 25, 2009 11:23:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nidhoeggr

Bobbyu wrote: 
i have had a look i cant find anything on it when i go to import commodity data it comes up with "fatal error whilst trying to detect the columns in the market data window" i have set up everything exactly as it should be according to the website but no luck.

I would assume that is because the shop/stall interface has been changed in the last ypp release. Try using the tool at the Commodities Market of your island. It works fine for me there.
Nidhoeggr
Captain and Mascot of Silent Fools
[Sep 26, 2009 3:48:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobbyu

thanks a lot i managed to get it scanning
[Sep 26, 2009 5:42:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

So... has this been approved by the OM's yet?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 27, 2009 6:59:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

What makes you think this application will need to be approved by the OMs?
[Sep 27, 2009 11:02:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

What makes you think this application will need to be approved by the OMs?

OMs do not approve third party tools. Three Rings does not endorse or support any third party tools. They merely allow them to be distributed if they follow TOS, don't aid in cheating, and get an "okay" from the developers.
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[Sep 27, 2009 12:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates