• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 108744 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
Brandishwar

Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

Okay guys, the time has come to patch your databases to ensure everything is updated for the merged oceans. Download and run this executable:

Patch: http://www.colonywest.us/files/trader/oceanmerge.exe

If you have any questions, let me know.
----------------------------------------
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Jan 31, 2012 5:39:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chthon

I'm using Puzzle Pirates through Steam, and using the included Steam account. Unfortunately this means that I have to use the Steam installation. Is there any way I can get your PPTP working with the steam installation?
[Feb 5, 2012 12:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I'm using Puzzle Pirates through Steam, and using the included Steam account. Unfortunately this means that I have to use the Steam installation. Is there any way I can get your PPTP working with the steam installation?

Right now that is not supported nor supportable. I will research this to find out of such is possible without violating the Steam terms of service.

I've seen how Steam installs Puzzle Pirates: it installs everything, including a Java Runtime Environment. I also currently presume that it maintains everything as well. This means that the Trade Profiteer's Java component could be removed at any time by the Steam software.

Right now I will not make any statements or guarantees regarding supporting Steam installations.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Feb 5, 2012 9:51:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chthon

Well if it installs everything you need, then I could try disabling steam update. The game updates itself automatically through normal OOO means. This should mean Steam wouldn't notice anything wrong.
[Feb 5, 2012 12:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hardrockers

I can't get it to pick up the client. I have tried everything i have found so far, except for the Java, does it work with 1.6 now?

If so, any other ideas?
SO of Eye for an Eye
Prince of Blind Indifference
[Feb 6, 2012 11:27:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I can't get it to pick up the client. I have tried everything i have found so far, except for the Java, does it work with 1.6 now?

If so, any other ideas?

Are you running Puzzle Pirates through the new shortcut on your desktop, the one labeled "Puzzle Pirates (for Trade Profiteer)"?
[Feb 7, 2012 11:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LiquidatorJo

I'll check this out sounds cool!
Noob Greeter asks "What's an Atlantis?"
[Feb 9, 2012 8:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tosse1

If so, any other ideas?

Are you running Puzzle Pirates through the new shortcut on your desktop, the one labeled "Puzzle Pirates (for Trade Profiteer)"?

Same question-
yes,am running from new shortcut (for trade profiteer) the downloaded exe. file doesn't open just flashes for a second but does nothing. updated PPTProf 2.0.1801 only says could not discover a running instance of PP with TP component attached although a screen is open/running at the time.
btw, i love this product . been using for couple years and was super dissapointed when i couldn't use after the recent merger.
thx
Tosse, SO and First Mate of Cascades
Governor of Garden cradle
Barrel rider
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tosse1 at Mar 11, 2012 7:41:23 AM]
[Mar 11, 2012 5:36:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

If it "flashed", then it's possible something didn't take. It shouldn't have aborted immediately, though. It should've stayed up to tell you what happened. If the Trade Profiteer is still reflecting the old oceans (Viridian, Midnight, etc.) then your database wasn't updated. Have you tried re-running the updater, making sure the Trade Profiteer is *not* running when you do so?

If so, any other ideas?

Same question-
yes,am running from new shortcut (for trade profiteer) the downloaded exe. file doesn't open just flashes for a second but does nothing. updated PPTProf 2.0.1801 only says could not discover a running instance of PP with TP component attached although a screen is open/running at the time.
btw, i love this product . been using for couple years and was super dissapointed when i couldn't use after the recent merger.
thx

[Mar 13, 2012 7:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tosse1

All good thanks for the help :)
i did miss it very much lol

just wondering i dont see the gems anywhere in the lists, they used to be in forageables
did they do away with gems? and i didnt notice? havnt done any foraging so could be so
Tosse, SO and First Mate of Cascades
Governor of Garden cradle
Barrel rider
[Mar 21, 2012 4:18:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

All good thanks for the help :)
i did miss it very much lol

just wondering i dont see the gems anywhere in the lists, they used to be in forageables
did they do away with gems? and i didnt notice? havnt done any foraging so could be so

No the gems are still in the game. I just haven't been able to get them into the Trade Profiteer yet because I'm wanting to get the internationalized names (Spanish and German) of the gems as well.
[Mar 21, 2012 7:51:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rinhart

I've installed the original program, but every time I try to run the merger update it gives me the same error code. I've uninstalled and re-installed both programs twice now, but it keeps giving me the same one.

It reads:

oceanmerge.exe - System Error
The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Rinhart of Meridian
[Apr 23, 2012 4:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I've installed the original program, but every time I try to run the merger update it gives me the same error code. I've uninstalled and re-installed both programs twice now, but it keeps giving me the same one.

It reads:

The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Copy the oceanmerge program into the Trade Profiteer's installation folder and run it from there. The installation folder will be either "C:\Program Files\Colony West Software Company\Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Colony West Software Company\Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer" depending on whether you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
[Apr 25, 2012 9:41:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rinhart

No change. Same error message.
Rinhart of Meridian
[Apr 26, 2012 12:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polaris395

It reads:

Copy the oceanmerge program into the Trade Profiteer's installation folder and run it from there. The installation folder will be either "C:\Program Files\Colony West Software Company\Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Colony West Software Company\Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer" depending on whether you are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

Just installed this and I can back up these sets of instructions.

@Dev: Thanks for this handy program! It's a really nifty tool that you made and quite damn handy. One little installation note though: For those of us with multiple drives, perhaps an option to install to a different folder on a non-C: drive would be appreciated. Without a source, I obviously can't tell if it is possible to do this, but I just thought I would mention it.

Thanks mate!

Edit: Edited for clarity.
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

I saw Apollo do it...maybe a week ago? He was by the SF table.
You mean "I saw Apollo in the Lima inn - perhaps he did it", and the answer is "No, I didn't".

[Edit 1 times, last edit by polaris395 at Apr 27, 2012 12:05:32 PM]
[Apr 27, 2012 9:43:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Thanks for this open source stuff! {...} Without a source, I obviously can't tell if {...}

If the source isn't open for everyone to see/change, then the software can't be open source. You got me all excited about saying that it was open source, but the best that I can tell, it proprietary software. If I'm mistaken and the software source is available under one of the open source licenses, please let me know!
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Apr 27, 2012 11:02:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polaris395

Thanks for this open source stuff! {...} Without a source, I obviously can't tell if {...}

If the source isn't open for everyone to see/change, then the software can't be open source. You got me all excited about saying that it was open source, but the best that I can tell, it proprietary software. If I'm mistaken and the software source is available under one of the open source licenses, please let me know!

No, I misspoke. It's not open source, as of this moment I don't think.

Sorry :((
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

You mean "I saw Apollo in the Lima inn - perhaps he did it", and the answer is "No, I didn't".

[Apr 27, 2012 12:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

You are correct that the Trade Profiteer is currently proprietary for the most part. It uses several open source software libraries without modifications, so in a way a good portion of the source code for the Trade Profiteer is available online -- the "About" function in the application (or About page on the website) should give you an idea of what's included. But the code I wrote to give the Trade Profiteer its primary functionality is currently proprietary -- and yes, I know it is that to which you were referring.

And yes I do mean "currently". I've been evaluating several online code repositories like BitBucket, GitHub, Google Code and SourceForge for releasing the code for not only the Trade Profiteer, but also several other home-brewed components I wrote for the Trade Profiteer. I've also considered just releasing the code through a Mercurial or Git repository on my website as well. Hmm... choices, choices, choices...
[Apr 30, 2012 11:12:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Albatrox1

never mind problem fixed
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Albatrox1 at Apr 30, 2012 11:54:45 AM]
[Apr 30, 2012 11:52:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polaris395

. . .Mercurial or Git repository . . .

*shudder*
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

[May 1, 2012 8:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

. . .Mercurial or Git repository . . .

*shudder*

At least with Mercurial I could get it set up on my web host with almost no difficulty. But hey if you don't like it, then that's your opinion. And that's a debate for another day and another venue.
[May 2, 2012 12:52:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
QuessP

Hi, I installed your program today. I opened PP via the new short cut on my desktop. When I go to import data, I get an error message saying that it could not find any running instances of PP with the Trade Profiteer component attached. I've read through this thread and see that it is probably because I have the latest version of Java installed. Where do I find the Java Bridge thingy that is supposed to fix the problem?

Thanks so much!
Yoanne (aka Clarebeaar)
Captain of Plank Tarts
Owner of Skelt (who calls me Damsel of the Sheets)

[May 15, 2012 2:41:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Your issue is likely that you need to run the "oceanmerge" program to update the database so it reflects the oceans correctly. See this post for details. Make sure that the Trade Profiteer is not running before running the oceanmerge program. It should tell you if the update was successful.

Hi, I installed your program today. I opened PP via the new short cut on my desktop. When I go to import data, I get an error message saying that it could not find any running instances of PP with the Trade Profiteer component attached. I've read through this thread and see that it is probably because I have the latest version of Java installed. Where do I find the Java Bridge thingy that is supposed to fix the problem?

Thanks so much!

[May 15, 2012 5:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
QuessP

That didn't work. :( Any other suggestions?

Your issue is likely that you need to run the "oceanmerge" program to update the database so it reflects the oceans correctly. See this post for details. Make sure that the Trade Profiteer is not running before running the oceanmerge program. It should tell you if the update was successful.

Thanks so much!

Yoanne (aka Clarebeaar)
Captain of Plank Tarts
Owner of Skelt (who calls me Damsel of the Sheets)

[May 16, 2012 10:02:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

What is the exact error message, and for what ocean is it saying it cannot find a running client? On what ocean are you attempting to run? If it is not Meridian, you may have to change the ocean in the options, available under the File menu.

That didn't work. :( Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

[May 16, 2012 4:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Solitaryrs

I havnt been able to get this working. When I try to import the data a popup comes up saying exactly: "Unexpected response in attempting to acuire the market data".

Any idea on what to do?
[Jun 3, 2012 4:25:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

You have to be looking at the commodity market when attempting to import data. Also ensure that you have the proper ocean selected in File->Options.

I havnt been able to get this working. When I try to import the data a popup comes up saying exactly: "Unexpected response in attempting to acuire the market data".

Any idea on what to do?

[Jun 4, 2012 7:49:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Solitaryrs

Ah, thank you. That did the job but I have seen a problem im getting unless im an idiot. Do I have to re-import the data everyday since when I buy the items and sell them the info is still there on those items. Is there a way to refresh or do I have to import market data on those islands again (which I dont mind doing because PPTP is amazing :D)
[Jun 4, 2012 11:14:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Ah, thank you. That did the job but I have seen a problem im getting unless im an idiot. Do I have to re-import the data everyday since when I buy the items and sell them the info is still there on those items. Is there a way to refresh or do I have to import market data on those islands again (which I dont mind doing because PPTP is amazing :D)

Yes, you must re-import the data. The Trade Profiteer does not pull data directly from the Puzzle Pirates servers -- it cannot do that. As such the only way you can get data into the Trade Profiteer is to be running Puzzle Pirates as it pulls in only what you are looking at.
[Jun 5, 2012 4:45:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hooknc

I've tried to install the oceanmerge.exe program, but I've run into numerous missing dll issues.

The first was MSVCP71.DLL and then MFC71U.DLL. I downloaded the first dll from a respectable site, but I can only find the MFC71U.DLL from dll-downloads.com or whatever the site is, and I'm not getting the dll from there. :)

Is there a possibility that the normal installer (trader-x.x.x).msi can be updated to have the correct oceans and/or could the oceanmerge.exe be updated to ship with its required dlls?

Here is my system...

Windows 7
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)

I first installed the trader-2.0.1801.msi and then tried to install the oceanmerge.exe from the link above.

Thank you for any help and thank you for your time in making this tool.

Regards.
[Jul 4, 2012 1:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates