• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4593 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
elemein

Hrmmm =/ Idk... Atlantis? Reply to this Post

I'm now the proud owner of a WF... And it just lies there, everyones like GO TU A SINKIE FLOT NAO PL0X!!@!@$ And I'm like... -thinks- (recalls the last 50 sinks in non-sink flots) NO IM NOT GOING TO A SINK FLOT! Then I Go to atlantis and see WF's just totally r***ing the competition and haulting total sh** loads of treasure and crazy muther*** **** **** *** YA >=D So, I'm like, wow, if I had enuf a few minutes in here, I WOULD TOTALY POWN ARGUS! Then I realized.. I HAS A WF =3 But then again, here's my dilemmas

1. I need a bnavver, respected aint gonna cut it
2. I need an XO, im good, but I ain't atlantis-worthy
3. I need an MMA.. I Can't end of story..
4. If I sink, Ill explode!

Now, I'm not TOO afraid of sinking, as, from what i've seen that wf's are next to invincible except against gorgs, but, the stock, and if i DO sink, and of course, the dang map....

I wanna reallly run one of theese since Ill be basicly rich once i finish it, even after i split the booty, I need a kinda "guide on how to prep YOUR ship for death pownage in atlantis" Err.. I wont be XO, or MMA, or Bnav.. SO if I could find anyone on here willing to do those for me, be greatly appreciated..

But I wanan know all about dem "chests" and what happens if too many goons get onboard ship,c'mon mates ffed me some knowledge.. =3

DOnt gimme the yppedia page to atlantis, already seen it.

Edit: Feed me some good citadel info too, not just : Dew It GuD ChEsTs DeArE

Edit Numbor 2= Stock lvls 2 plz

Edit 3 =3 = Also can someone give me a comparison of monsters to ships? I mean or lvls of shot power/ ram power/ life?
----------------------------------------
Elegeto on Meridian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by elemein at Jul 4, 2009 11:41:47 PM]
[Jul 4, 2009 9:41:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

Re: Hrmmm =/ Idk... Atlantis? Reply to this Post

I'm now the proud owner of a WF... And it just lies there, everyones like GO TU A SINKIE FLOT NAO PL0X!!@!@$ And I'm like... -thinks- (recalls the last 50 sinks in non-sink flots) NO IM NOT GOING TO A SINK FLOT! Then I Go to atlantis and see WF's just totally r***ing the competition and haulting total sh** loads of treasure and crazy muther*** **** **** *** YA >=D So, I'm like, wow, if I had enuf a few minutes in here, I WOULD TOTALY POWN ARGUS! Then I realized.. I HAS A WF =3 But then again, here's my dilemmas

1. I need a bnavver, respected aint gonna cut it
2. I need an XO, im good, but I ain't atlantis-worthy
3. I need an MMA.. I Can't end of story..
4. If I sink, Ill explode!

Now, I'm not TOO afraid of sinking, as, from what i've seen that wf's are next to invincible except against gorgs, but, the stock, and if i DO sink, and of course, the dang map....

I wanna reallly run one of theese since Ill be basicly rich once i finish it, even after i split the booty, I need a kinda "guide on how to prep YOUR ship for death pownage in atlantis" Err.. I wont be XO, or MMA, or Bnav.. SO if I could find anyone on here willing to do those for me, be greatly appreciated..

But I wanan know all about dem "chests" and what happens if too many goons get onboard ship,c'mon mates ffed me some knowledge.. =3

DOnt gimme the yppedia page to atlantis, already seen it.

Edit: Feed me some good citadel info too, not just : Dew It GuD ChEsTs DeArE

Edit Numbor 2= Stock lvls 2 plz

Edit 3 =3 = Also can someone give me a comparison of monsters to ships? I mean or lvls of shot power/ ram power/ life?

There are lots of discrepancies in there. For example, you said 'If I sink, I'll explode!' and in the following sentence then said 'Now, I'm not afraid of sinking...'.
Could you try again, but this time clearly lay out what you're looking for, what ocean you're on, what time you're thinking of, who you are, e.t.c? Also, I'm not sure if this belongs in TTQA. Try your ocean's Parley board.

As I posted in a different thread, only gamble with what you're prepared to lose. Assume you WILL sink, and if you can handle that, then feel free to shoot ahead.
If you are in a decent crew, then you should have some pretty eager SOs who will gladly take the positions outlined. You can also outsource people from Just For Fun and Yer Mum - these two crews pretty much hold every decent player in Cobalt apart from four - but I don't see them being to eager to help if they don't think they'll win anything.

Seems to me yer looking for an Navver, AND an XO, AND a m@a, and you don't have a map, or stock, or really are very prepared at all. It would be better to get the map and stock, load up for Atlantis, and then pick a Navver and a M@A from the crowd that will come aboard. PS: You should be XO.

One last point:
You wrote: 
GO TU A SINKIE FLOT NAO PL0X!!@!@$ And I'm like... -thinks- (recalls the last 50 sinks in non-sink flots) NO IM NOT GOING TO A SINK FLOT! Then I Go to atlantis and see WF's just totally r***ing the competition and haulting total sh** loads of treasure and crazy muther*** **** **** *** YA >=D So, I'm like, wow, if I had enuf a few minutes in here, I WOULD TOTALY POWN ARGUS!

.... wdf?
[Jul 5, 2009 4:41:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

I guess I am kinda prepared to lose it, as, it jsut sits there chilling it port begging to be thrown at atlantis... ANd I meant, I will not be very happy if I sink, but Im not gonan think Ill sink since WF's are next to invincible.

And Stock lvls plz? =3

And wait..BNAV AND MAA FROM ZE CROWD? I COULD BE GETTING A GREENIE FOR ALL I NEW? I guess Ill jsut eb careful and choose a 1# Bnavver / Ultimate.. But how does oneself judge a good MAA?

Ill be XO? Is it that similar to Flotillas? And jsut the constant "Good Jobs!", "Get your arse on a station!", "WTF U NOOB! GETTA STATION OR ILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!", "DONT TH OR ILL THROW YE TO A TRIKETOS!!" If so =3 I'm your guy

Oh and i jsut asked a Ultimate bnavver if he'd come, he said no they never go well anyway... EXPLAINATION PLZ WHY THEY DONT GO WELL?
Elegeto on Meridian
[Edit 4 times, last edit by elemein at Jul 5, 2009 7:11:32 AM]
[Jul 5, 2009 6:49:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

I guess Ill jsut eb careful and choose a 1# Bnavver / Ultimate..

Just so you know, battle navigation stats are based off of pillage battles, so the multi-ship environments like flotillas, atlantis trips, and blockades are not reflected in that stat.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Jul 5, 2009 7:32:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

SO how do i judge a good MAA and Bnav?!!?
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 7:50:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

War Frigs are anything BUT invicible mate. The only reason they seem to survive as long as they do is because of the individual, supreme skill of the bnavver in hit 'n' run.
[Jul 5, 2009 8:53:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

I guess Ill jsut eb careful and choose a 1# Bnavver / Ultimate..

Just so you know, battle navigation stats are based off of pillage battles, so the multi-ship environments like flotillas, atlantis trips, and blockades are not reflected in that stat.

Not to mention, multiship battle is different enough from single ship battle (especially pillages) that the skill doesn't always transfer over. Much like 1v1 SF/rumble vs frays.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jul 5, 2009 8:57:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

Damn.. I need a dang bnavver..
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 8:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkshuriki

ok.... just calm down and explain slowly
C++ php

#import <iostream> <?php
int main () echo "hello, world";
{ ?&g
[Jul 5, 2009 11:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

The cake is a lie.
[Jul 5, 2009 11:16:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

Anyone on Viridian wann a Bnav a wf in atlantis? Or MAA? =3
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 12:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
romeo2232

dude you lisining to these guys have you got stock you need like 800 rum 1500 cbs minimum that will cost at least 100k (not shure on your prices caus im not from your ocean) and once you do this go on some other smh's ask if you can just sit there and watch them work to see whats done in preparation maby even ask there b naver to help you out as well as maa personally i suggest joining the crew but what ever. and something i do once i get my map is go there in a sloop and scope out the map plan your escape rout ware you will mainly be positioned and what monsters are in there some maps are pure trikes those are the ones you usually see crews rock at and some consist of like 3-4 gorgs just waiting to ram you to death my favorite ones are the ones with the marry-go-round wich i find to be a breeze compare to open watter gorg traps and if your new those are the ones you want to avoid the marry-go-round ones the one with a rock in the middle of this big square and there are currents circling it those mostly consist of trikes and a scatter gorg and a couple arches personally once a gorg comes i head for the edge of the map and make left then right turns or vice versa and shoot then repeat till its dead

p.s if you have sunk 50 times in floats and no good ports i sugest staying away from Atlantis till you have con cured them also the biggest thereat in Atlantis is the lazers don't be scared to plank
Capnranger
[Edit 1 times, last edit by romeo2232 at Jul 5, 2009 1:22:19 PM]
[Jul 5, 2009 1:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

=_= im exagerating about 50... And i wasnt the bnav when we had 50 sinks.. and a wb cannot take a wf too easily..

Ya, maybe ill go to another smh and ask the pair for help..

ANd oh ya, i read on the forums that, if you play it safe (IN WHICH I WILLL!!!!!!1!!11!11!!!) 600 CBS and 200 RUM would be fine to suffice for a few go-in's

=3 and thats my goal.. so far im 350 CBS and 125 RUM, im getting there eventually =3
Elegeto on Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elemein at Jul 5, 2009 1:20:05 PM]
[Jul 5, 2009 1:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
romeo2232

lol i don't think so but if thats the stock you want to use then i suggest sticking close to the safe zone and trust me you wont make much from that you might just make the amount it takes to go there and you wont be rich :3 that way and maby smhing is done differently on your ocean but on mine we usually port with 300k in booty you might get 50k and also i don't think any jobers will stay on your ship if they see the low stock but what do i know lol
Capnranger
[Jul 5, 2009 1:30:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
romeo2232

oh and ware did you read that to? when i do wf pillys i stock more then 200 rum lol
Capnranger
[Jul 5, 2009 1:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

just search atlantis stock, then look at the first one that pops up =3
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 1:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
romeo2232

some of these posts were back in 2005 lol that was before anyone knew how to smh but maybe thats right i usually stock 800 rum 1700 cbs and use them all but i have seen many ships go in with 1700 rum and 2100 cbs and i havent finished one with a crew that had that much but i stay for 1 entry and when i log back on i have like 20k made but like i said what do i know ; )
Capnranger
[Jul 5, 2009 1:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

700 rum is the absolute mininum. You'll also want at least 12 cannonballs for every 30 seconds you plan on spending in there. That's not an over-exaggeration.
[Jul 5, 2009 2:07:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

700!?@#&*#^$# /e explodes

12 cbs for every 30 seconds?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? /e explodes twice

I jsut went on an smh with 388 rum and 871 cbs, ill tell ya how it goes.

nvm they got 700 then 1800 after they jobbed =_=
Elegeto on Meridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by elemein at Jul 5, 2009 2:38:57 PM]
[Jul 5, 2009 2:32:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

1800/12 = 150
150/2=75...

That SMH should last about 75 minutes, plus/minus 10. So between 65-85.

1800/8=225
225/2=113

At the more likely average of eight shots a turn, it should last 113 minutes, +/- 10. So about two hours?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by name_unknown at Jul 5, 2009 3:14:21 PM]
[Jul 5, 2009 3:11:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

In fairness, 300 rum will keep you going for a couple of hours. If you want to be there half a day, sure, take more. I tend to stock lower as I don't want to be on the board for 4 hours or more. 300 rum and 900 shot does me well for the odd 90 minute to two hour trip. I'd suggest starting out on shorter trips and seeing how it goes. No point risking too much until you can handle it.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jul 5, 2009 3:26:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

You're so... rational :(
I can't troll you!

Edit: Did the inverse calculations...
90*2=180
900/180=5

Perfectly useless info, but you use an average of five shots a turn.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by name_unknown at Jul 5, 2009 3:49:10 PM]
[Jul 5, 2009 3:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

5 shots? so i bring more? hw much more? (to 8 shots a turn and 1 hour and 30 minutes)

Here, gibme deese calcujations

1 hr and 30 minutes

8 Shots a turn
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 4:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

I has my bnavver nao =3
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 4:28:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

Am i getting those calculations any time soon?
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 5:30:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

Yer not gonna like it, but that would mean you would need 1440 cbs.
[Jul 5, 2009 5:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

And rum?
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 5:34:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

For 90 minutes with 73 people... umm, go with 550.
[Jul 5, 2009 5:41:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

How about this..

Ill take ur rum, and then Il figure out hw many trikes i wanna a sink (and other things off course) Now, trikes ditch 5k or more + chests so, if ym goal is 300k (in which it is) 300,000 / 5,000 = 60, and if it takes 6 CBS shots to kill a trik in (which it does) well, 60x6

360 CBS, NOW THERE IS NO WAY IN BLODDY HELL OR EARTH, OR HEAVEN IS THAT GONNA SUFFICE!! so I count misses, and round out at 600, that may sound like a LOL YA, PLZZZZ, but thats ALOT OF MISSES, and thats not an unrealistic goal to deal with..
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jul 5, 2009 5:46:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
name_unknown

Don't forget to factor in haul-decay, mis-loads, Gorgs and Archs, plus e.t.c, e.t.c... try 900 at least.
[Jul 5, 2009 5:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.addictinggames.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates