• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 167
Posts: 167   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47210 times and has 166 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: General Events Q&A Reply to this Post

They aren't on a pre-announced scheduled, I'm afraid.
[Apr 13, 2009 11:56:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

What is the procedure I should follow if I want to re-run someone else's event myself? Also, if I were to provide prizes on Cobalt, is it possible to get support to transfer said prizes to other oceans? Or would it be a waste of event support's time to ask?
----------------------------------------
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Aug 26, 2009 2:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It's normal to ask permission from the player involved for the original event (or to ask in this forum if you can't contact them), and to mention that you've done that when you email us.
Transfer of prizes to other oceans is a form of support we do offer, and we'll often do that even for quite new events runners.
[Aug 27, 2009 2:51:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

If a tan familiar was the first place prize for an event, what are the sort of things you would expect to see as second, third, etc place prizes? I've not been able to find many events that gave out tan familiars to find a precedent. The only things I could find were based on a theme (like ships for the gingerbread sloops event, or colour themes) which wouldn't work with the event I have in mind.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Sep 4, 2009 11:42:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I'd say same stuff you'd see as second-place for colored familiar events.

The value difference between familiar and anything that isn't a familiar is pretty giant. Parrot feathers, renamed ships (preferably not a sloop if we're talking second place), mirrors, combs, and artifact furniture are the things I'd look for.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Sep 4, 2009 8:53:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

I've seen sleeping animals as second place prizes for tan familiar events as well.
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Sep 4, 2009 9:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I've seen sleeping animals as second place prizes for tan familiar events as well.

Those, too. I don't know why I forgot about them.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Sep 4, 2009 10:59:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detainn

Okay, I haven't found the Events Proposal format.. or where I go about posting it when it is layed out.
[Sep 6, 2010 11:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Okay, I haven't found the Events Proposal format.. or where I go about posting it when it is layed out.

Are you looking for this?
"Event proposal link" (the 2nd post in the thread by Apollo - I use that.)
It includes where to email your information. Hope it helps!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Sep 7, 2010 4:27:46 AM]
[Sep 7, 2010 4:26:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detainn

Are you looking for this?
"Event proposal link" (the 2nd post in the thread by Apollo - I use that.)
It includes where to email your information. Hope it helps!

Yes this did help alot thank you! :)
But also!, if my event gets accepted and all, where would i go about posting a forum for sign up for my event + a thread to submit questions for my event and just to advertise the event?
[Sep 9, 2010 4:15:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

If your event is specific to one ocean, you'd post the event specifics/rules/question thread in that ocean's Events forum. If it's for all oceans, you'd post it in the Events forum.

If it's a forum event, like artwork or writing, the actual entry thread is usually in the Mariner's Muse, and you'd include a link in the rules thread to the entry thread, and in the entry thread a link to the rules thread.

I also find that I get much better participation in events if I also advertise events in game, usually by using a trinket with a catchy tinyurl.com mini-link to the events forum.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sweetnessc at Sep 9, 2010 4:34:24 PM]
[Sep 9, 2010 4:33:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I'm working up a new event and a rogue ship would be quite appropriate thematically as a prize, but I'm not sure if they're available to be OM-provided or not available?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Sep 30, 2010 11:10:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I'm working up a new event and a rogue ship would be quite appropriate thematically as a prize, but I'm not sure if they're available to be OM-provided or not available?
No, I'm afraid not - sorry!
[Sep 30, 2010 1:54:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Hello...Quick question ,If a prize is 100k would pirates prefer 100k to the winner or 2 nd and 3rd place. So 50 k first 30k second and 20 k or any other split downs of 100k . Thank you
Blackhammer.
[Jun 5, 2013 4:49:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Hello...Quick question ,If a prize is 100k would pirates prefer 100k to the winner or 2 nd and 3rd place. So 50 k first 30k second and 20 k or any other split downs of 100k . Thank you

Blackie are you talking about a prize in a tourny?
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jun 11, 2013 9:29:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hammer1

Ya
Blackhammer.
[Jun 11, 2013 9:48:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

You probably get more participants if more than the winner win something. So yes, 50/30/20 or 60/25/15 or 40/35/25 or any other splitting will be better.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jun 11, 2013 11:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 167   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates