• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1294 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Arizini

YPP: Dark Seas - Blockade Simulator/Badge Reply to this Post

After coming back to the game about two weeks ago for YPP: Dark Seas, I had come to realize that a handy resource for new players is bugged/doesn't work anymore: Dachimpy's Blockade Simulator.

In the past, blockades have been DOMINATED by approximately 15-20 core navvers and a hand full of flags. This is a part of the game that has such a high cost of entry for flags that they don't want to put their rookie navvers in for blockades in fear of wasting money and losing the island. Even semi experienced navvers can get passed up because of the high cost to a flag and now there is no way for a new navver to practice in blockades other than paying that high cost of entry.

My suggestion is that you make a blockade simulator endorsed by the developers that people can use to train new people coming into the game and give those new players an opportunity to play some of the "end-game" content!

While making this would mean more work/development, I am POSITIVE people would pay for this in some form or another. A couple suggestions: Steam DLC, Blockade Simulator Badge paid with dubloons?
[Nov 16, 2017 4:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
army545

Re: YPP: Dark Seas - Blockade Simulator/Badge Reply to this Post

After coming back to the game about two weeks ago for YPP: Dark Seas, I had come to realize that a handy resource for new players is bugged/doesn't work anymore: Dachimpy's Blockade Simulator.

In the past, blockades have been DOMINATED by approximately 15-20 core navvers and a hand full of flags. This is a part of the game that has such a high cost of entry for flags that they don't want to put their rookie navvers in for blockades in fear of wasting money and losing the island. Even semi experienced navvers can get passed up because of the high cost to a flag and now there is no way for a new navver to practice in blockades other than paying that high cost of entry.

My suggestion is that you make a blockade simulator endorsed by the developers that people can use to train new people coming into the game and give those new players an opportunity to play some of the "end-game" content!

While making this would mean more work/development, I am POSITIVE people would pay for this in some form or another. A couple suggestions: Steam DLC, Blockade Simulator Badge paid with dubloons?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=207337

I have created & finished a blockade simulator, full replica of Y!PP Sea Battle. It will be released, soon.

You can see video preview here (old version of it, few bugs fixed): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3UUo2LYeve6emplVW1iVHktS1k
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by army545 at Nov 17, 2017 2:41:38 AM]
[Nov 17, 2017 2:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates