• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 803 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Lylesnipah

Trophy collection suggestions Reply to this Post

I obviously like the simplistic look of the trophy collection page and I like the added possibility to minimize the length by allowing to hide the trophies of certain categories.

I want to further suggest couple of things though.

Right now I prefer to keep same category trophies in the same group, like expeditions for example. However, I would love to be able to arrange the order inside each category, rather than it being sorted alphabetically, maybe even allow a drop line after each "sub group".

Another suggestion would be to choose which trophies to show on the profile, rather than it having to be in the first group. Right now I moved my Ult carp trophy and the Pillars out of my carp group and into a separate group.
----------------------------------------
Obsidian - Snipah, Senior Officer of the crew Arctic Pirate Penguins.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Lylesnipah at Nov 9, 2017 5:16:45 PM]
[Nov 9, 2017 3:45:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Trophy collection suggestions Reply to this Post

Change trophy display order

The interface for arranging the trophy page is not that easy to use. It's also inflexible that the first group in the trophy gallery has to be the one shown in the profile - unless the first group happens to be hidden in the trophy gallery view. So I agree with the proposed change. It seems like this would require a checkbox per trophy which indicates that it should appear in the profile - but only the first six trophies would do so to keep profile pages reasonably standard in format.
[Nov 9, 2017 6:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Lylesnipah

Change trophy display order

The interface for arranging the trophy page is not that easy to use. It's also inflexible that the first group in the trophy gallery has to be the one shown in the profile - unless the first group happens to be hidden in the trophy gallery view. So I agree with the proposed change. It seems like this would require a checkbox per trophy which indicates that it should appear in the profile - but only the first six trophies would do so to keep profile pages reasonably standard in format.

While I agree that the trophies shouldn't be ordered in alphabetical order, I don't think it is possible to order them by rarity and "importance" because each player values different trophies differently. I value my carp pillars more than my incred in carp, how would you value grain trophy?

I think the order should be up to the players rather some set order, although placing #1, Ultimate and Incredible first would be a start, although I would much prefer my pillars to be after the Ultimate, rather than the Incredible (and when I get the 5k excellent tokens then would prefer it to be ahead of both).

Arranging the trophies is fairly easy, I think. You can just type in which spot you want a specific group to be in and it will push everything after it (including the one in that spot) up one spot. If you want something in the last spot then you can put 1000 and it will place it last, or 0 for first.
Obsidian - Snipah, Senior Officer of the crew Arctic Pirate Penguins.
[Nov 12, 2017 12:55:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

I'd prefer being able to change the order of trophies by dragging and dropping them.
[Nov 12, 2017 11:34:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I'd prefer being able to change the order of trophies by dragging and dropping them.

I'd also murder for the trophy to say what it was -for- in mouseover text.

It makes it easier for players to sort of internally sort trophies by how cool they are, reminds you what exactly you did to get some of the weirder ones, and becomes aspirational for people looking at your trophies to go "Ooh I can get that cool trophy for doing X"

Since all that info is on the wiki anyway, it's not like spoilers are relevant.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Devonin at Nov 12, 2017 8:25:54 PM]
[Nov 12, 2017 8:24:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Since all that info is on the wiki anyway, it's not like spoilers are relevant.

The wiki spoilers aren't always accurate.

And we still don't know what triggers the jinxed idol.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Nov 13, 2017 4:44:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

For many, half the fun of trophies is finding out what they do. I'm against trophies showing what they are for. You can always look it up on the Wiki, where people have had their fun finding out what each trophy means.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Nov 13, 2017 8:53:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I've been thinking this for a while. It always bugged me when all my bronze trophies were together, rather than the types of trophies taking priority (like the bronze ships being next to the silver ships, rather than other bronze things). Allowing the trophies within each box to be ordered shouldn't be a difficult fix, either.
-Porglit on Emerald
[Nov 13, 2017 11:16:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates