• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 812 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Filthyjake

Deleted Pirates Reply to this Post

This probably won't be a popular idea but would be a good idea. Please hear me out.

Get rid of the items left behind of Purged Pirates . As someone who gained a fair amount of his wealth through collecting over 300 ships mostly WF's and WB's through this system. I understand the great fun of finding the ships and its fun but that encourages people to drop alts into crews simply to ship hunt.

I think this system should be put in place for Obsidian as people are already going dormant and this mass influx of ships isn't needed. I mean if people are worried about a poker pot bringing to much of a quick win from another active player should also see the issue with inheriting a 200k ship just for finding it. There was one day I found 15 ships in a few hours it was a million poe gain.

The Banned pirates fleet is even worse.

A banned pirate will not be automatically deleted. The actions that protect a pirate against the purge for inactivity apply even after a ban. Any banned pirate who is not purged will be listed as a dormant member of his or her crew. Ships that the banned pirate left unlocked will continue to be available to crew members' use. If the banned pirate was the captain of an Autocratic crew, the crew politics will not automatically change to Oligarchic; the crew will continue as Autocratic but with a captain who is unable to do anything.

This is really odd and encourages other to get there crewbies to push the line and risk being banned after all then they can claim their ill gotten gains. Basically they get banned for being bad and leave their take for their crew to use.

This is especially bad policy, as a new player comes in and is taken into a crew and wonders how the rest of the crew got so wealthy. The bad pirate says go to this site get a bot then you can make all sorts of poe just lazing on ships... that newbie doesn't really know better but wants to fit in. Goes and does it and doesn't get caught for a few weeks and then ban hits. The newbie moves on and the crew revives all their goods and ships.

There are shops on Emerald that are owned by banned players..... It is ridiculous to leave them there. One I know was banned for real money transactions so they bought poe, used it to buy the shop, which is still there being operated by their friends.

If the player cheated in a way so sever to be banned the game should seize their items and sink them. If they quit why leave their items in the game it just doesn't make sense to purge the player but not their wealth. When a game shrinks and only 1/5th pirates are left but 100% of acquired wealth is left isn't good for the economy.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans, Primarily Obsidian
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Nov 5, 2017 6:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Re: Deleted Pirates Reply to this Post

Couldn't agree more.

I remember in Emerald living in a mansion owned by band Player, and basically claiming it as my own. It didn't make any sense, and it was a bit of a loophole
JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Nov 5, 2017 6:08:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

I disagree. A few times I've claimed ships from deleted pirates only for the original owners to come ask for them back. It's a great tool for giving back ships to deleted pirates especially if they were gifted a ship and it had sentimental value. I'm holding on to some custom ships as we speak waiting for their rightful owners to return at which point I'll return their ships to them.
Factors on every ocean - Active on Obsidian

[Nov 6, 2017 3:35:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I disagree. A few times I've claimed ships from deleted pirates only for the original owners to come ask for them back. It's a great tool for giving back ships to deleted pirates especially if they were gifted a ship and it had sentimental value. I'm holding on to some custom ships as we speak waiting for their rightful owners to return at which point I'll return their ships to them.

I think this is a valid reason to keep it and actually revived my very first LE ship back after being purged. The real issue is that at time it can be excessive and I think the few sentimental ships shouldn't be a reason for some to inherit a complete Kading Fleet. 5 WB's are worth about 1m poe of found money its just to much for nothing. Maybe they could tweek the system to trip a poe sink where the ships value has to be paid or at a minimum the dub delivery to claim the found ship.

Players who have been banned at a minimum should have there items purged if they cheated to get the items they should not be left in the game. If they are gone yet bought the items fairly still wipe them out as a deterrent, if your in a flag with a monarch who is cheating people may pressure them to quit as the flag hall could vanish if they were banned.
Filthyjake all oceans, Primarily Obsidian
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Nov 6, 2017 7:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Alrighty, after a bit of Steam Forum-fu, I found something said by the devs on character deletion on Obsidian. This thread.

No. Your Dark Seas character will not be deleted.

Yippie! So, most of the character deletion issues won't bleed over into Obsidian, however banned pirates could still cause an issue.

I would still like to see this fix on the other oceans, however. I'm getting tempted to search for forgotten ships in a crew of mine, just to see how much money I could make haha.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Nov 7, 2017 6:01:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates