• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1547 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
army545

We have to move on Reply to this Post

We are currently in a state that the game is basically stuck. We are stuck with 3 islands that does not even have the "new" buildings that were released >= 2012 or so e.g trinkets and such, we are stuck with only stalls and ships and the game is barely moving on, it gets really boring.

I am not talking about myself, I am used to it because I know it will come some time, but the new players we gained, 1 month ago, above 800 players online, for days, weeks! all are almost gone, i barely see 500 online at weekends.

Why aren't blockades coming yet? atleast a test blockade, its been a long time
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by army545 at Oct 30, 2017 12:29:46 PM]
[Oct 30, 2017 12:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: We have to move on Reply to this Post

Couldn't agree more I have found myself asking why I am playing anymore. I love the game but its boring, I have less here then on the other oceans and they nerfed the poker I loved. I can go back to my wealth on Emerald and enjoy my fleet. Something has to give soon to keep me on Obsidian! I really hope its not a trickle of islands being released. We need to spread the shops out and be able to buy stock.

The draw to the new ocean is that their were people and pillages went well load times were fast. Now its more fun to just go puzzle on the navy....
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
Subscribe for $49.95 a year
You can play free, with limited access. (just like no dubs)
[Oct 30, 2017 12:43:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lylesnipah

Totally agreed. Last week at this time there would be well past 500 people and SMH ships would fill much quicker. I see Shiaku sitting in his Xebec trying to fill it for well over an hour (I jobbed it well over any hour ago), when I jobbed he had 7 people, now he has 9. I just miss the old Viridian days when Atlantis and Flotilla runs would fill within 20 minutes.
Obsidian - Snipah, Senior Officer of the crew Arctic Pirate Penguins.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lylesnipah at Oct 30, 2017 3:12:52 PM]
[Oct 30, 2017 3:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HotNoob

yup... most of my crewbies have been deciding not to play so much lately... and im moving in the same direction as well...

plus... NOBODY is buying ships right now. im stuck with 10 ships right now >.<
cant even sell an xebec for 260k.

everyone is getting very demoralized lately.
[Oct 30, 2017 5:49:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I was thinking maybe just maybe the issue was Halloween, or nearing spring semester finals. But If that was the case Emerald would have seen a similar drop.

The other issue is the players that are on are approx 25% on Port Venture, before you blame poker there haven't really been more the 3 tables most of the time.

Maybe its HS, but no cause CI''s are still out and the decline has been steady. A simple look at the job board and you will find about half the people seeking gunners... this is one of the bigger problems every one wants to run a pillage (self included) but lack of gunners really makes it hard to do. Of all the things in my opinion to fix the game would be kades yes for existing base, and returning players but for the new player having decent bots or a 2nd gunning puzzle so we have more gunners in the game would be great. Even better 2 ship puzzles for each duty station are needed to reduce boredom and provide a little variety.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
Subscribe for $49.95 a year
You can play free, with limited access. (just like no dubs)
[Oct 30, 2017 6:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lebsoldier

Couldn't agree more. Everyones stocked up and ready for blockades, and as far as we known they might not even come out till 2018... It's starting to get boring we basically have plain YPP with SMH Ci HS and KH.
[Oct 31, 2017 7:17:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Yeah I have absolutely no reason to spend any more money on this game until there's at least bigger housing. And with nothing compelling to spend resources on, there's not much compelling me to play. Back in the day, we'd all sit logged in anyway just to chat, but we've got crew and flag discord now, so don't even need that.
[Oct 31, 2017 3:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Seems a little off that there is -less- content than already exists, on the new and exciting server.
[Oct 31, 2017 3:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

two weeks ago on steam they said that blockades would be announced last week. and we heard nothing.
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Oct 31, 2017 4:00:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

two weeks ago on steam they said that blockades would be announced last week. and we heard nothing.

They start 18th its on Puzzle Pirates Face Book Page
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Happy to FREE chart Polite Pirates
[Nov 2, 2017 4:02:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

First actual blockade, as in, that results in players coming into governorship of an island, appears to not be until January though.
[Nov 2, 2017 6:27:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates