• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6031 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
monstersoda

A History of the Whale: Musical Minke Muses

Music lovers of the Malachite Ocean unite!

Well perhaps not, but perhaps you have seen the stir on the parley forum, which you may or may not care about. Ah, but one thing that anyone can understand is music. (Actually, I have no idea where the floating notes come from, or why no one else sees them.)

Anyhow, one thing that I firmly attest to is the effect music has on almost anything. Even a dry forum post can be saved (or perhaps not) with a link to the tube-of-you.

Let's have an event!

Make a Music Video!

Now that's exciting eh?

However, these music videos will be of a special caliber. Your mission, should you chose to accept it (sorry) is to take an issue currently plaguing the ocean and present your view on it!

Ah, this shall be fun!

Find a song that you think best relates to your stance, film (or draw/mold clay/splice/bribe your uncle/go the zoo and find funny animals) and find a clever way to make things your own!

Of course, this will be quite a deal of work... so let's have a fitting prize!

Rewards!

Grand Prize- A renamed sloop/or/cutter/or/dhow/or/fanchaun that relates to your song, painted to sail, and furnished with the finest themed items! I will also give you rum so you can drunkenly sail your heart out.

Fez Love Society- Of course if you make a fez appreciation video, I will reward you with a copious amount of fez paraphernalia.

Blockader Bounty- Fight for your right to party! (Be creative with this one... I highly advise taking your issues to the cannons.)

Audience's Choice- Get people to fight the good fight!

All other entries will receive a token that fits their song, along with
exposure to their viewpoint!

Rules are for Fools

Sorry, but in this case we are being rather foolish, so some rules will be needed.

-Do not insult anyone (Well I suppose you could insult me, but I may or may not pick you as the winner. Be nice to my fez.)
-Take a stance! I do not think asking for more people to buy pineapples will be worth your time, but do as you wish!
-Don't ask Bunnyspawn to sing for you. (Heh)
-I suppose that is enough, I can't see what else could go wrong here.

Deadline

Entries should be in by October 25th, 2011, two months should be plenty of time.

I look forward to being impressed!
----------------------------------------
Emmett
[Aug 24, 2011 9:23:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reddress

Re: A History of the Whale: Musical Minke Muses

is this mean that only malachite pirates can get prizes ?:<
[Sep 3, 2011 9:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

is this mean that only malachite pirates can get prizes ?:<

Afraid so mate!
Emmett
[Sep 5, 2011 9:10:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

This is sooo sad, not even a single entry yet and such a great idea...I only just today saw this thread and I'm not sure if I'll have time enter...I hope so!
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JSChromeboy at Oct 7, 2011 11:13:07 PM]
[Oct 7, 2011 11:11:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Would it be allowed to make a song and music video about all the grievances I have again Malachite?
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Oct 8, 2011 12:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

D: awwww i saw this today TT.TT
ill see what i can get done and if i dont =,( sad face
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3op
Can't find me? Im on Deviant Art!
[Oct 15, 2011 2:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Would it be allowed to make a song and music video about all the grievances I have again Malachite?

Yes.

Also, I will push back entries for a month
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Oct 24, 2011 11:24:23 AM]
[Oct 24, 2011 11:23:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates