• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12685 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Demonboyred

Spice up your life, PvP Style!

So, I've become bored with pillaging again. I imagine most of you have as well. So, I've thought up a silly little idea. PvP's, for me, have been the most enjoyable part of the game, even more so than Sea Monster Hunts. And I feel that people should have a real incentive to do them, seeing as the pay is usually terrible, and that's a primary reason that people avoid them lie the plague. So, what do I have to offer, to excite people about PvP's for a timespan of more than just a week? Well, I'll tell you!

I will be placing bounties on not pirates or crews, (Unless it's a large, independent crew) but on Flags that are on the Malachite Political Map found Here. These bounties will be changed every week, on Saturday. I'll update the thread each day. As it stands, the pricing scheme stands as this:

For winning a battle with the same sized ship as the other person, 10k. For each ship size higher than your own, an extra 5k. For convenience, I shall place ship sizes as so:
Sloop,
cutter/dhow/fanchaun/longship,
Junk/Baghlah/Merchant Brig,
War Brig/Merchant Galleon,
Xebec.

If you sink the other ship, you will win 30k.

Screenshots must be provided of the engagement, and the winning of the battle or sinking, with the current time (used by /info) in each screenshot. You may only post the screenshot if you are on the winning ship. If the officer running the pillage is unable to post on the forums, but you can, then feel free, but the naver will still receive the bounty.You may not post for the opposite ship, if you lose, and they win.

Every class you're over the other ships class, according to my scale, the bounty goes down 5k. So, for example, a dhow could still make a bounty on a sloop, but it would be only 5k, instead of 10k. A sinking of a smaller class from a larger class will not count unless the larger class uses the same size cb as the smaller class, and is only a one class difference (sloop-cutter, Baghlah-War brig, etc.). Perhaps this will keep it a bit more even, while still encouraging PvP's without having to worry so much about ship sizes.
Both navers must have at least dist+ Battle navigation.

I will give 15 bounties a week, for both winning battles and sinks. However, after 15, sinks will still receive bounties, but just winning a battle will not.

The flags that are being attacked can also win the money in the same manner, provided they provide the screenshot.

All money will go to the naver, who may keep it all, or may divide between his jobbers, it's his decision.

If foul play is seen, or expected, I reserve the right to not pay.

I will use a random generator for the first two weeks, to decide which flags will be bountied. For the third week, I'll create a voting thread, where everyone may post a vote each week for which flag they wish to be bountied. Depending on how this goes,we may or may not continue it.

This week's target (July 22nd-July 29th) is none other than Bite Me!
----------------------------------------
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Demonboyred at Jul 22, 2011 8:07:42 AM]
[May 27, 2011 3:20:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

Re: Spice up your life, PvP Style!

i spose i should ask exactly how random is random ... only because the first crew is LB but then again other ppl might say the same thing if it were there crews so i'll ask what method you used to become "random" in the choosing
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x
[May 28, 2011 3:18:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notreallz

So if I attack a sloop with war brig there will be no deduction to bounty?
Viridian Bothers/Toughness/Getsunk

Sage Alexgunner/Fillcarps

Hunter Bothers/No cade alt.

Malachite Nobodyi/Tough
[May 28, 2011 3:56:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

To Hissy - I gave each Flag on the Malachite Political Map a number, and then used a random number generator foundHere.

To the other person - I suppose that's a problem. I think what I'll do is change it so for every class you're over the other ships class, according to my scale, the bounty goes down 5k. So, for example, a dhow could still make a bounty on a sloop, but it would be only 5k, instead of 10k. A sinking of a smaller class from a larger class will not count unless the larger class uses the same size cb as the smaller class, and is only a one class difference (sloop-cutter, Baghlah-War brig, etc.). Perhaps this will keep it a bit more even, while still encouraging PvP's without having to worry so much about ship sizes. As this event goes on, we'll make adjustments. I imagine this first month will be touch and go with most all of the rules, and that quite a few adjustments will have to be made.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demonboyred at May 28, 2011 4:33:53 AM]
[May 28, 2011 4:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notreallz

Woudn't you rather put LS in higher class? Considering it can shoot 2 small per turn and has 4 moves...

Malachite Nobodyi/Tough
[May 28, 2011 4:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

I've considered doing that. But at the same time, it's not strong enough to compete with the class above it. And if I were to move it to a higher class, it would only be to make the PvP of a smaller ship more convenient, while making it more difficult for the rest of the event.

[May 28, 2011 5:02:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notreallz

Did you put your flag in the generator?

Malachite Nobodyi/Tough
[May 28, 2011 5:04:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Did you put your flag in the generator?

I put every flag on the Malachite Political Map into the generator.

[May 28, 2011 5:17:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hissy3

you may have mentioned it but are you gonna take out the flag from the list after week is up or is it gonna be put back into the frey?(eventually adding em all back in when they've all been hit) it would seem unfair to one crew if the randomness was not in there favor and say they got 3 weeks in a row of pvp bounties while the others got off free and clear
Hissy is not to be taken seriously because he is insane, but don't tell him that =x
[May 28, 2011 9:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

you may have mentioned it but are you gonna take out the flag from the list after week is up or is it gonna be put back into the frey?(eventually adding em all back in when they've all been hit) it would seem unfair to one crew if the randomness was not in there favor and say they got 3 weeks in a row of pvp bounties while the others got off free and clear

I forgot to add this, but I have considered this. How it'll work is that after a flag's bounty week is up, they'll have a month of freedom, and then they'll be placed back into the chance of being picked.

[May 29, 2011 10:20:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joebb999

i won a PVP on may 29th but dont know how to post the screen shot...... can someone post instructions as to how?
[May 29, 2011 7:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

i won a PVP on may 29th but dont know how to post the screen shot...... can someone post instructions as to how?

Did you try This?
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 29, 2011 10:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joebb999

that would help if the image wasnt in my documents.....
[May 30, 2011 4:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joebb999

[May 30, 2011 4:31:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notreallz

Honestly...you cant tell anything from that screenshot...

Malachite Nobodyi/Tough
[May 31, 2011 11:11:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joebb999

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/joebb999/?action=view&current=PuzzlePiratesJoeb8.png#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1110.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh448%2Fjoebb999%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPuzzlePiratesJoeb8.png

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/joebb999/?action=view&current=PuzzlePiratesJoeb8.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1110.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh448%2Fjoebb999%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPuzzlePiratesJoeb7.png

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/joebb999/?action=view&current=PuzzlePiratesJoeb8.png#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1110.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh448%2Fjoebb999%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPuzzlePiratesJoeb8.png
[Jun 1, 2011 7:06:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Both of Joeb's battles have been paid. I'm saddened there hasn't been more yet. But oh well, at least the poe is still in my pocket :3

[Jun 1, 2011 7:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joebb999

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/joebb999/

bunny this will bring you to the album then you can look from there
[Jun 2, 2011 7:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltypaws

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/Ripley325/PuzzlePiratesSaltypaws3copy.jpg

I didn't see how long we have to claim poe in the instructions. So hope this link works.
[Jun 5, 2011 11:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Mmm, you're battle is valid Salty.

And the target for this week is now updated.

[Jun 5, 2011 1:40:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

This week's target has been updated!

[Jun 13, 2011 7:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Bunneh <3 I like pineapples
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Jun 27, 2011 9:16:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Updated agaiiiiiin.

[Jun 28, 2011 10:25:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Up-diddly-dated again.

[Jul 11, 2011 12:46:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ryudo6

Up-diddly-dated again.

ur moms updated

win. =D
Ryudo from Mala and Hunter
if you had a furry monkey tail, you could hang upside down from trees... if only...
[Jul 22, 2011 2:03:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

It seems silly to keep updating this with nothing going down. Mala, show me you've got that PvP initiative! Updated again, hopefully not for the last time.

[Jul 22, 2011 8:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

A little bird told me that Argosy would be the next target.
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Jul 31, 2011 5:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Nope! But this weeks target does happen to be Effective Immediately!

[Jul 31, 2011 6:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ryudo6

Nope! But this weeks target does happen to be Effective Immediately!

effective immediately is under attack effective immediately. hurray for a horrid attempt of playin with words. woo!
Ryudo from Mala and Hunter
if you had a furry monkey tail, you could hang upside down from trees... if only...
[Aug 5, 2011 6:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates