• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 250
Posts: 250   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 101828 times and has 249 replies Next Thread
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Real life events and gatherings Reply to this Post

Ahoy! Welcome to the thread for parties and social events.

Puzzle Pirates is a social game and has given rise to a number of awesome friendships and close real life connections between players. Here is a place where you can look for the next meet-up in your area if ye be interested in meeting yer fellow pirates!

If you are so inclined, there is a resource on the wiki here:

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/List_of_local_pirates

Where you can add yourself and see what other pirates are in your area.

If you are planning a party and would be interested in inviting developers and/or OceanMasters to attend or have a sizeable gathering and would like some special party swag or prizes sent to your event, please contact Hypnos via e-mail at hypnos(at)puzzlepirates.com

Please note that the events listed are not being run by Three Rings, but rather by our superstar players, so credit should be duly given to them.

As always, exercise due caution in attending social gatherings, don't do illegal scary things while your mother is looking on, never drink and drive, and don't do anything we wouldn't do. ;)

A current list of real life gatherings and parties can be seen on the Y!PPedia here:

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Current_Real-life_gatherings

Please add your party to the list if you do not currently have a page!
----------------------------------------
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hypnos at Mar 23, 2007 11:37:37 AM]
[Mar 21, 2007 3:50:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Re: Real life events and gatherings Reply to this Post

So this would be the place to ask if anyone was in a certain area and wanted to grab supper when I'm done with a long day of soccer reffing at some tournament? :-)
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Mar 22, 2007 11:12:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

So this would be the place to ask if anyone was in a certain area and wanted to grab supper when I'm done with a long day of soccer reffing at some tournament? :-)

Here's a resource that would help with little meetings if folks added themselves. http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/List_of_local_pirates

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Mar 22, 2007 12:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daynarius

Speaking of that resource, I'd like to point out that all of the O states are missing. I'd edit them in, but I don't have the foggiest idea how to do that.

- a completely Wikilliterate pirate
Daynarius
Proud SO of British Bandits on Midnight and avid Daily Doodler
[Mar 22, 2007 10:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fonqueesha

Speaking of that resource, I'd like to point out that all of the O states are missing. I'd edit them in, but I don't have the foggiest idea how to do that.

And Louisiana. Being a wikidiot, I am up wikreek wikiout a.... nevermind...
Fonqueesha, Sage, Halcyon....
Trying to find time to play the game...
Glaucus wrote: 
Go directly to the locker. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 PoE.

[Mar 22, 2007 11:06:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

And Louisiana. Being a wikidiot, I am up wikreek wikiout a.... nevermind...

Get me the list of missing states and Ill add them, too lazy to go through and figure out whats what.
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[Mar 23, 2007 10:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

Thanks, Guppymomma. I'll add that resource to the post. :)

[Mar 23, 2007 11:36:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Kansas is missing from the list, while you're adding Kansas, you can add Wichita, Kansas and put me down as there, since I'm wiki illiterate.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

[Mar 23, 2007 11:39:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

Wait, Zava and I are both in Chi? Za*a Chi power!
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Mar 26, 2007 11:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

Wait, Zava and I are both in Chi? Za*a Chi power!

O:! I want to be added to the Chicago peoples :(. Silly birthday. 1 more year to go D:!

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Mar 27, 2007 3:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jinxplus1

Errr, I went to add myself to the contacts page but got scared I might break something :-s

If someone could be kind enough to add Birmingham to the England bit and me as 21+ and pm through forums... I'd be very appreciative, thanking ye :)
Jinxplus

Captain of Just Because

Now flying the flag of One Step Beyond. Margaritaville. we're around here somewhere.

Randomly appearing on other oceans...
[Apr 2, 2007 3:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

It's really not hard mates, I promise!

Just click the 'Edit' link to take a look at the code, if you don't want to mess with it and are afraid, just back up and don't change anything.

If you really want somebody to add you, please PM me with the name you want to appear, country, and city, and age. I'll add you.

[Apr 2, 2007 4:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

yes, please someone add louisiana so i can stick myself in there, i'd do it myself but last time i did, i broke wiki and had to undo it
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Apr 2, 2007 5:09:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

I have added Louisiana and Birmingham.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hypnos at Apr 2, 2007 5:52:32 PM]
[Apr 2, 2007 5:31:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

yay, hypnos is the coolest ever now....
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

[Apr 2, 2007 5:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fonqueesha

I have added Louisiana and some nonsignificant city.

Ok! Thank you much!
Fonqueesha, Sage, Halcyon....
Trying to find time to play the game...
Glaucus wrote: 
Go directly to the locker. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 PoE.

[Apr 2, 2007 6:02:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jinxplus1

I have added Louisiana and some nonsignificant city.

Ok! Thank you much!

:P second largest city in the UK thanyou! Huff....

Thanks Hypnos.
Jinxplus

Captain of Just Because

Now flying the flag of One Step Beyond. Margaritaville. we're around here somewhere.

Randomly appearing on other oceans...
[Apr 3, 2007 3:31:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
furshizzle

Furshizzle's 4th annual BIG party ( and the last year of it I'm affraid )

What: Furshizzle 4th party - and likely LAST party
When: June 22nd - June 24th (check-in time is 12pm Friday - check-out time 10pm Sunday)
Where: Brier Hill, PA ( 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh )
Who: This one is going to be open to EVERYONE. That's right you minors that have been dying to attend one of these parties, this one's for you. 18+ welcome.

YPP Forum posts

==We have rented out the whole 8600 sq foot resort that sits on 23 acres==

Wiki Details

June 2006 Party Madness
Mrs D says, " dayum forget pringles can... those are fire hoses!"

Gothmog says, "Man, by these posts you think we're abunch of sex-craved maniacs who like to show off... "
[Apr 26, 2007 6:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pyrophoric

Furshizzle's 4th annual BIG party ( and the last year of it I'm affraid )

What: Furshizzle 4th party - and likely LAST party
When: June 22nd - June 24th (check-in time is 12pm Friday - check-out time 10pm Sunday)
Where: Brier Hill, PA ( 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh )
Who: This one is going to be open to EVERYONE. That's right you minors that have been dying to attend one of these parties, this one's for you. 18+ welcome.

YPP Forum posts

==We have rented out the whole 8600 sq foot resort that sits on 23 acres==

Wiki Details

June 2006 Party Madness

Too bad PA is on the other side of the country from where I live
Raien on the Viridian Ocean
[May 3, 2007 8:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Too bad PA is on the other side of the country from where I live

There's always http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Las_Vegas_Meetup_%28Summer_2007%29 for the left coasters.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[May 5, 2007 11:00:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MalkierKing

Kansas is missing from the list, while you're adding Kansas, you can add Wichita, Kansas and put me down as there, since I'm wiki illiterate.

Done and done.
Avatar shamelessly stolen from xkcd.
[May 8, 2007 10:53:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Dunno what happened, but when I looked at Kansas I see me under Wichita and Kansas, then I see me also under Wichita and Kentucky, along with Cortni under Lawrence and Kentucky. Thanks for putting that up though, much appreciated.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

[May 9, 2007 8:33:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Cortni_

Oh, whoa. Someone put Kentucky right under Kansas, and before the listed cities in Kansas. Hm. I fix.
Cortni,
mostly a blighted puppet carpmonkey
[May 9, 2007 8:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Dallas- area pirates (and some friends crazy enough to travel) are having a small party during the first weekend of November. If you live in the area and we somehow don’t know about you already, feel free to PM Annaleese or me for more information. Not in the Dallas area? It’s ok, you’re invited, too. We have a DC girl and some Austin, TX people coming in, as well.

The private forum for the Dallas folks requires you to register if you want to post that you will attend. Please use your pirate name as your user name. Even if you don’t live in the area, but you’re interested in coming, let us know.

The average cost per person will be $100, including breakfast (both mornings) and dinner one of the nights (maybe two). Since this is a smaller gathering mainly for folks that like to occasionally hang out, there won’t be any fancy things like name tags or goodies. Several of us get together for dinner a few times a year, this time we’re renting a place so no one has to drive 100 miles to get home every night.

We're renting a Bed and Breakfast (very close to the DFW airport) with 5 rooms for Double Occupancy and at least one fold-out sofa bed. Each of the bedrooms will have private bathrooms. There will be a lot of space available for sleeping bags or inflatable mattresses. We will have a kitchen in the guest cottage which contains 2 of the bedrooms and the sofa bed. If you want alcohol, bring your own. Please, if you aren’t 21, don’t put those of us that are of age in an awkward position. I don’t want go to jail or explain to your parents why you’re in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.

The price is dependent upon where you sleep. Sleeping bag people will pay less than those that get a bed, if all the beds are taken. The location is subject to change if, for some insane reason, more people pay to attend than we expected. If you’re planning to attend, keep an eye on the Dallas forums for updates and more details. I don’t plan on broadcasting everything over here.

This is [B]not[/B] the larger party we’re planning for the Spring. That will have it’s own post and will be in a different venue. Someone holler at me if I should move this into it's own thread.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 10, 2007 1:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

OOO OOO ME ME ME.....Im down in south louisiana and would be willing to drive up. Just get me more info please..
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

[Jul 11, 2007 11:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Flutie wrote: 
OOO OOO ME ME ME.....Im down in south louisiana and would be willing to drive up. Just get me more info please..

More Information is now available. Remember, this is just a smaller event and I'll be shocked if more than 15 people show up. We'll also be a tad cramped should that happen, but hey, fun to be had!
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 12, 2007 6:16:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Serinno

Id Love to see a Memphis gettogether, more central location for us here in the deep south. If anyone is planning on one, lemme know.
Laike
O of Sharper Wit
(Malachite Ocean)

Lucipher
SO of Odin's Demise
(Hunter Ocean)

"Killed on Turn, Buried on River." -Lucipher
[Jul 23, 2007 11:06:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    laikeship@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Id Love to see a Memphis gettogether, more central location for us here in the deep south. If anyone is planning on one, lemme know.

I'd still vote for that being still yankee country. Anything north of I-10 is yankcountry. but meh, must be me.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

[Jul 24, 2007 7:47:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

You live in Memphis? I live in Knoxville! Heheh. Zomg, pirate get together? Yohohoho and all that stuff!? Woot!!
Jenx
[Jul 24, 2007 10:46:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flamez911

Yes, it's a shamelessly bad excuse to post one of my favorite xkcd comics.

Damn you, stealing my packages!
-Flamer, reloaded.

Currently in the process of arising from the grave. Hope to see people around more :)
[Jul 24, 2007 11:39:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 250   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates