• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 959 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Lonehwolf

Access for something on Android? Reply to this Post

I'm wondering if there are any puzzles, standalone or otherwise available on android?

Doesn't have to be official YPP (I heard they only got as far as iOS - and it was a troublesome port). A crappy looking bilge port would do, honestly. Anybody know of anything like that?

Also, as a curiosity, since I've read various sources saying mixed things - what's the current state of YPP? Is it wilting or rising? Did OOO walk away, is someone else doing something on this gem of a game? How likely would I be to re-experience those wonderful moments I used to enjoy on elite sloop pillies?
----------------------------------------
Geneboo wrote: 
I shaved and now I'm lickable

[Sep 20, 2017 4:53:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Access for something on Android? Reply to this Post

I wish they would add parlor games to an app, it did cause many issues when pillaging was added. I think most parlor games could work including POKER, and the shop puzzles however it was a d/c mess when it was used on ships.
Filthyjake All Oceans
Price Cap Doubloons for long term success of Puzzle Pirates Dub oceans!
Reciprocity:The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit.
[Sep 20, 2017 6:41:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lonehwolf

Any knowledge if such apps exist on Android or maybe puzzles similar to the skill based pirating ones in YPP, even if they're completely different to look and feel?
Geneboo wrote: 

[Sep 20, 2017 6:43:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

No. There was a Puzzle Pirates client developed for iOS only and it was never ported to Android. Puzzle Pirates X was killed with great prejudice after it began messing with our desktop client in ugly ways. The mobile client is no longer available in the App Store and will not function to connect to the oceans.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Sep 20, 2017 11:59:37 AM]
[Sep 20, 2017 11:58:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Lonehwolf

No. There was a Puzzle Pirates client developed for iOS only and it was never ported to Android. Puzzle Pirates X was killed with great prejudice after it began messing with our desktop client in ugly ways. The mobile client is no longer available in the App Store and will not function to connect to the oceans.

Good to know, that's unfortunate but understandable. Thanks LJ :)
Geneboo wrote: 

[Sep 27, 2017 5:25:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

Swordfighting is functionally the same as Pocket Fighter, a PSX-era game. A decent Android PSX emulator would let you play it.
[Oct 5, 2017 12:19:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates