• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3102 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Emoji94

Quick Poll in regards to your ban history on YPP. Reply to this Post

The previous poll enabled the same IP to vote multiple times. I have created a new poll that prevents this. I am curious to see the results! Thanks!
[Dec 4, 2016 10:29:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Re: Quick Poll in regards to your ban history on YPP. Reply to this Post

Sadly you can still vote multiple times using a VPN, but it would take considerably more effort, so you can hope no-one will do so. (Sorry for ruining the last one, the results were roughly 81,28,24,103 before I touched it).

I'd be interested in a poll somewhere along the lines of, 'Ban-evading players, how long since your last offence?' (wouldn't include evading obviously), since I feel a large number of evaders are still botting. Although I don't feel people would be inclinded to answer this poll so honestly if they are still offending.

Another interesting poll would be 'Banned players, what were you banned for?'.
I know a ridiculous number of people banned for silly reasons,with a large number of these essentially boiling down to 'assisting a ban evader'. I would specifically like to see this ban reason taken away, and the players in question un-banned.
----------------------------------------
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Dec 5, 2016 12:35:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Emoji94

Banned Players! What were you banned for?
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Emoji94 at Dec 5, 2016 12:57:28 PM]
[Dec 5, 2016 1:14:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

It's possible I was unclear or misunderstood. Say someone was banned 5 years ago, and has not offended since (apart from ban evasion), then their answer would be 5 years, not 'I have not offended since my original ban.'

I was trying to get across how long some people have played since their ban without repeating offences. Since the attitude of once a rule breaker always a rule breaker is so prevalent in the somewhat common 'Give banned players another chance' style threads. It would also showcase the importance of temporary bans, instead of permanently banning every offender. In my opinion, Puzzle Pirates suffers from not having a long-term temporary ban used regularly, I'm thinking anywhere from one month to a year.
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jcmorgan6 at Dec 5, 2016 4:09:40 AM]
[Dec 5, 2016 3:47:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates