• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 283
Posts: 283   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65729 times and has 282 replies Next Thread
JamesStGeorg

Re: Sega shuts down OOO/YPP? Reply to this Post

Have I missed or not found some statement of intent, plans etc. from Grey Havens?

In lack of that I assume PP will be kept running exactly as it is now. In effect nothing will be done new or altering the game. In effect nothing that would cost money and time bar any occurring bug fixes.

So no big stuff nonsense like ocean wipes, through to no new LE ships or any item, trinkets, etc.

That is absolutely fine if so. Can't expect more. (It might mean deleting the need for dubs at some point.)

However if there is some intent to do more than keeping it in existence it would be nice to be told. Also with the player base often there are people capable of helping. Things like portrait backgrounds, eggs, trinkets, have been created by players. Ships can be created in tools too. Can we with parameters 3d model new items for the game? (Blender available to all.) Now if the rest needing doing to bring that 'free' volunteer contribution into the game is actually a lot of work still then voluntary help may not be any real practical use. I imagine other players have other abilities like programming that there may be ways of them helping out. I suspect many long time players would be willing to do things to help out.

Of course it may be GH intend making PP a renewed success and paying its own way again. We are all rather in the dark still.
----------------------------------------
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[May 3, 2016 1:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Have I missed or not found some statement of intent, plans etc. from Grey Havens?

Yes, we want to provide new content and/or changes to existing content. We haven't determined what that new content will be, so we don't have plans we can update you on.

Our first order of business is to make sure both of our MMOs are working properly which is a larger task than you'd think. For example, we needed to create a new ticket system for emails.

Once that is done we can turn our attention to lingering technical issues to make sure that if someone new wants to play, they can actually download and install the game properly.

We hope to have some more concrete plans soon.

For trivia buffs, I'm happy to announce that we just got our first piece of actual mail. It arrived from the great state of Nebraska. Full sails ahead!
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[May 23, 2016 1:10:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bailet

Yes, we want to provide new content and/or changes to existing content. We haven't determined what that new content will be, so we don't have plans we can update you on.

Our first order of business is to make sure both of our MMOs are working properly which is a larger task than you'd think. For example, we needed to create a new ticket system for emails.

Once that is done we can turn our attention to lingering technical issues to make sure that if someone new wants to play, they can actually download and install the game properly.

For trivia buffs, I'm happy to announce that we just got our first piece of actual mail. It arrived from the great state of Nebraska. Full sails ahead!

Please tell me this shift will be a call for more transparency. We have been shouting for attention for years, a large majority of which has gone completely ignored.

..please tell me Daniel James is no longer in charge too.
Clotho tells ye, "did you hide the skellies this time?"
OM MESSAGE: Complaining the on-duty OM will only result in another flurry of eggs being sent out into the YPP world. Go #TeamPurple!
Dalnoth's Favorite Pirate
[May 23, 2016 5:32:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Cronus wrote: 

Is there any chance of getting some maintenance done of the forums at some point? I know that everyone wants new content and new puzzles and various revamps. But the forums are where the community lives and communicates.
#TeamEvil
#TeamDefiantArmada
[May 23, 2016 5:41:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Erfan

Thanks for the update!

Nemesis says, "Since Erfan joined us, let me just give a blanket, totally not directed at anyone (ERFAN), warning that certain topics are not to be talked about on the docks."
Chaotic Neutral/Sushicide Royal/avatar by Cattrin
[May 23, 2016 6:43:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitter.com/erfan    YPPErfan [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

majestrate wrote: 
Is there any chance of getting some maintenance done of the forums at some point? I know that everyone wants new content and new puzzles and various revamps. But the forums are where the community lives and communicates.

It's certainly something we'd like to look at, and has already been passed to the devs. With that said, I honestly have no idea how long that might take. I'm almost scared to know what we'd find once we lift the hood and take a gander.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[May 24, 2016 7:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Cronus wrote: 
majestrate wrote: 

It's certainly something we'd like to look at, and has already been passed to the devs. With that said, I honestly have no idea how long that might take. I'm almost scared to know what we'd find once we lift the hood and take a gander.

/e peeks under the hood

omg!! where's the engine??

fix the core engine.. fix pillaging by:
1. increasing the payout so that newbies are able to earn their eights fast enough to do other stuffs before deciding that the game is not worth playing if its taking them forever to even lay their hand on their first sloop

2. adjust the payout such that its are not very much affected by stats of pirates onboard to encourage all-inclusive jobbing and to hopefully eliminate elitism

i like to believe that if one is not able to see much progress in their puzzle ranking but is however able to see steady progress in wealth accumulation (to start setting goals eg moving up from villa to mansion/estate and furnishing them etc), they are more likely to continue playing
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[May 24, 2016 11:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Cronus wrote: 

Completely understand. Also understood if nothing can really be done. Just wanted to know if it was at least on a "to do" list. Thank you for the info Cronus :)
#TeamEvil
#TeamDefiantArmada
[May 25, 2016 12:06:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

Re: Grey Havens Reply to this Post

This whole thread other than the first page tl;dr, but if OOO/Sega is looking to hire a marketer/advertiser for this game, I'd totally do it. I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A DEGREE GUYS OMGOMGOMGOMG

I'm going to crawl back into my hole now.

- An old salt
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[May 30, 2016 9:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Re: Grey Havens Reply to this Post

The game is no longer owned by Sega. It was given to Grey Havens. They are who you should contact, but considering that they unfortunately had to reduce the staff, I wouldn't count on them having an opening for you (still doesn't hurt to ask though).
#TeamEvil
#TeamDefiantArmada
[May 31, 2016 7:23:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Thank you for responding Cronus.

Getting things working properly is a reasonable starting point, we will await more updates as what you are working on when you can let us know about it.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Jun 11, 2016 6:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Bumping after being redirected by Faulkston.

So, if I understand this correctly:
1. Sega pays three rings design, inc. (aka the shareholders), a big amount of money, takes over the whole company/all games.
2. A few years later, some three rings employees pay Sega a small amount of money, and take it back.

Any ideas as to how much went both ways?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 20, 2017 8:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Behindcurtai confused me for a moment; I didn't recall responding to one of his questions. Thanks are due to CawCawCorra posting in the Need Help Searching? Got a New Suggestion? Ask a Poster! thread.
[Sep 20, 2017 6:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 283   Pages: 10   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates