• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 114
Posts: 114   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38682 times and has 113 replies Next Thread
Merridian

[Selling] Avatars - No new orders til I catch up

My own avatar was created from a sketch that I scanned. All future avatars will be done this way they seem to turn out better. 100x100 & 80x80, poe delievered in the diamond arc. *Price depends on the amount of finite detail that is needed to produce the image ye desire. Usually 5,ooo poe for a square avatar.

Now taking limited orders on the Portrait Style 100x150 & 150x150. Which includes matching 80x80 and matching 100x100. For all yer Forum needs. =) Usually 10,ooo poe

What ye get : 100 pixels x 100 pixels Piratename.gif size under 8KB
80 pixels x 80 pixels Piratename80.gif size under 6KB

I draw the graphics at 100 x 100 on high zoom in Photoshop. By starting the drawing at the specific size required for an avatar ye get the highest detail possible. I also adjust the number of colors when I convert to the .gif on a file by file basis. So if I can get ya 125 colors versues 100 and stay under the size requirements, I will.

What I need from Buyers : Most players want their pirate depicted in an avatar. (Screenshots always help) If ye want yer character I need to know which shade of skin ye have. There's like seven or something? Like bleach white, the pinky tone just above white, the orangeish my pirate went to a tanning booth tone, that purdy perfect tan, then a step just above that, and finally charcoal. (?may have missed one?)

Lads : Which hair cut do ye have? Do ye have any type of faicial?
Lasses : Same which haircut do ye sport?

Clothing : Yer outfit doesn't have to be one yer pirate owns. Pick that dream design that ye will never afford, but gotta have. I also do non game outfits within reason. Any pictures or links to what ye are looking for is helpful. We can also arrange a time in-game to meet and I can take the screenshot. If ye wish to be wearing clothes ye can not afford find a rack that has what ye are looking for. We can go to that shop and take the picture with ye trying it on so I have a refferance.

Nudies : I will not do full nakies under any circumstances. Tushies seem fine to me so if ye gotta have ye full moon drawn I am game. If ya just feel the need to be one with nature I will draw it, but objects will be strategically placed to cover bits. Oh and sorry boys but I need tack on an extra 1000 poe for bare chests, cause dudes bodies are a pain to draw!

Props : Familars, Text, yer weapon, let me know if there is anything extra ye need added.

I can draw non pirate avatars too. Just let me know what ye want.

Back By Popular demand, my older avatar creations. /me hiding now lol!

Square PENDING List:

Ian_Rhodes x2
Seadog
Armand
Dianamarie
Kennith
GambIer
Sculpturegt
RedBonnet
ThunderHeart
Scrumpet
Redeyes
Zarn
Chafe
Gothmog
Harrleyquin
Imazdi
Rugsby
Mikeylikesit --won as prize at auction
Greasy --purchased by SandySaphire, as gift
Siciliana --purchased by SandySaphire, as gift
Keyshar --as promised for my friend
Dahanese --Dark Illuminati Officer Bonus
Nostradamus --for holding a boat extra long for me

Large Portrait PENDING List

Pennsuedo Single
Oorlian
----------------------------------------
Merridian, Dark Illuminati

"Swabby bring my helping of brains in a clean bucket!" - The Dead Captain, to the Crew
[Edit 91 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 22, 2004 2:12:00 AM]
[Jun 22, 2004 2:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Re: [Selling] Avatars - No new orders til I catch up

I'd like one. I'd love more avatars!

Let me try and come up with details for you.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Jun 22, 2004 2:36:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Awesome Fujiko! Ye placed an order with me a long time ago on. Any of those orders that make it over hear get top priority.

"Swabby bring my helping of brains in a clean bucket!" - The Dead Captain, to the Crew
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 22, 2004 2:50:19 AM]
[Jun 22, 2004 2:50:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

I'd love one as well

Here are all the screens I think ye need to get started, as I would like to be pictured in this outfit.

Thanks so much!! PM me with any questions.

-Yaten
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Jun 22, 2004 4:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Talonder

Oh Me!
I need an avatar.

I dont have a screenie of myself but I will describe myself

Skin Color: Purdy Perfect Tan
Hair Color: Dark Blondish
Hair Style: Goate

Id like my pic to be wearing a feather hat Navy/white
A swashbuckler jacket navy, with white sash
Navy Pants
Navy buckler boots w/ white socks

Id like to be at the helm of a war brig that is blue/white.
[Jun 22, 2004 5:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

While I will not be purchasing an avatar, since I think I still owe scupperer my life for this one, I just want to say:

Merridian, I have watched your artwork progress for a long time on this forum, in many threads, some of which I couldn't post in, like Nemo's themed ones. Anyway, your drawing has progressed dramatically. You took all the suggestions people made, stuck with it, and just got so good at drawing. Your current avatar, and the other examples you make, are simply gorgeous, and anyone would be lucky to buy an avatar from you for a mere 2000 POE.

Congrats, both on becoming so talented, and on offering such a nice service to the Y!PP community.

And I really really like your current avatar. Really.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Jun 22, 2004 6:13:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Are the spokes on the railing of a blue white brig white or tan?

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 22, 2004 7:17:14 AM]
[Jun 22, 2004 7:17:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwind

I can definitely use an Avatar. I can get ye some screenshots of my character but will need help finding away to deliver them to ye.

Other than that, a constellation filled sky and my beloved ships' helm should do.

Thanks much

Goodwind
Officer of The Nameless Corsairs
Looterati
Goodwind
Senior Officer - The Nameless Corsairs
Looterati
Proud Owner of the "Unique" Armada
[Jun 22, 2004 7:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Ye can email me screenies at Shandryl2@hotmail.com or post em here.

Goodwin I just need a picture of ye if ye can tell me what yer huny's ship looks like. I think I can fit 2 - 3 actual constellations in a sky. Tell me if ye want any specific ones.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 22, 2004 8:34:45 AM]
[Jun 22, 2004 8:34:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talonder

White spikes I thinks
[Jun 22, 2004 1:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I've got to agree with ramiro - your art is wonderful, and I love your current avatar. You do very good pictures of people with their swords - in fact, that made me change my mind from my original thought.

Here's what I want:

A picture of me, sitting down, with my knees to my chest, holding a scimitar (green/blue) across my shins. Sitting on the deck of a ship is fine. Does this make sense? I'm curled up, sort of smiling, behind my scim. My hair is hanging down, except for what's under my hat.

Outfit: this one. It's also a screenie of me.

Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Jun 22, 2004 11:28:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nuroticfish

What? You're selling avitars?

But... but... what if somone gets one cuter than mine?

/me pulls out her hair in agony and seriously considers ordering 20 avitars so Merri won't have time to work on any others

- Nuroticfish (who is irrationally attached to her avitar)
[Jun 23, 2004 12:32:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Ok Fujiko just on the deck was somewhat uninteresting. Can ye be seated on the cot that is in the captain's room on a brig?

Nuro huny- these are paying our rent at the weavery. And I promise if any of em turn out cuter than yers I will make ye a new one. Now if ye don't be good and let me earn some PoE I am going to change that dirk in yer avatar to a lobster! Let's see ya slap X with that!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 12:45:19 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 12:45:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Sure. :)
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Jun 23, 2004 12:46:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talonder

Ill pay you today, I got money all over the place!
[Jun 23, 2004 1:04:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Cool I get off work at 5 pm PST and will try yo be in game by 6 pm. I like to try to keep my poe as close to winter or alpha as possible. Oh and the sketches should be scanned and posted up by all of yer pending names by the weekend. I have been running em through my folks scanner, but erm my "surprise" Bday gift, on friday is a flatbed of my very own. Yippe!

Remember they are just sketches and don't quite pop yet.

Talonder- one dont freak that yer pirate isn't in the sketch, my sharpie couldn't handle that small. The boat was the tuff part anyhow. Still need to know what color the posts are on the ship railing I wanna get the colors right. Also I got to go check what yer clothes look like ingame. I am not so farmiliar with the boy clothes lol.

Yaten- is the apron a chef thing or smithing? I went with chef cause it was sooo cute. Oh and that tuban was a pain let me tell ya. I am however very excited to do the shading on it.

Fujiko- Thank ye, that idea was a blast to draw. I fought the urge to give ye a teddy bear, but I threw a map in the shot so ye won't miss yer old avatar too much. Yer sword doesn't have a hilt yet cause well I gotta look up what they look like.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 1:32:21 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 1:32:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

Merridian wrote: 

Yaten- is the apron a chef thing or smithing? I went with chef cause it was sooo cute. Oh and that turban was a pain let me tell ya. I am however very excited to do the shading on it.

Hehe, I don't really know what the apron is supposed to be representing. They're cheap :D. I suppose if ye wanted a head-on shot of a turban, I could've directed ye to my current avatar.

Thanks again! I can't wait to see it.
-Yaten
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Jun 23, 2004 1:37:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Merridian wrote: 
Fujiko- Thank ye, that idea was a blast to draw. I fought the urge to give ye a teddy bear, but I threw a map in the shot so ye won't miss yer old avatar too much. Yer sword doesn't have a hilt yet cause well I gotta look up what they look like.

No problem! :) I love avatars, and plan to let mine peacefully coexist, using all three. (I have a third coming.) The Equinox board is cool with their requirements, because there I can make a Fujiko montage.

/em mumbles, and ok, I love teddy bears too. I probably would have died laughing had you thrown that in.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Jun 23, 2004 2:19:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwind

Merridian,

I sent ye an email yesterday. Can ye please let me know if ye received it.

Thanks much,

Goodwind
Officer of the Crew "The Nameless Corsairs"
Looterati
Goodwind
Looterati
[Jun 23, 2004 2:51:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Nice duds Goodwind! Red feather with orange beard is nice. Finished the sketch adding yer name to my list. Oh and breaking out my astronomy books.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 3:39:27 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 3:39:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwind

Yay!!!!

I was feeling a little left out :p

Goodwind

BTW You are awesome I hope ye know that ;)
Goodwind
Looterati
[Jun 23, 2004 3:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talonder

yeah this is awsome. I think that 2000 poe is too little for what great work you are doing. I think I will pay you the avatar and "tip" you some extra if you dont mind
[Jun 23, 2004 4:55:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

LOL! Mind? A tip? Ah ha ha. Yer sweet! The 2k is the discounted price for my first 10 customers. It will go up after that. Yall will be my best advertisement! Oh Phoebe and Faile's won't count towards the 10 they are gifts for special reasons. Faile is an old mate whose wedding I will be unable to make and Phoebe is the new SO of my flag's crew The Romper Room of Doom. Yer doing great with those kids Phoebe! I really appreciate yer help lass.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 6:19:36 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 6:19:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Edara

Ahoy! :)
Please accept me apology fer me lack o' recent communications. It not be fer lack o'interest. I would still love an avatar made by yer glorious hand, if'n ye can fit me in. Happy to pay the poe!
I not be sure as to what I want exactly. And I not be so computer saavy to show ye meself. Is a sail date still available? :)
Me pirate be a snow white: pale skin, long black curly hair. Me favorite colors are red and maroon, and me favorite outfit be a corset in those colors.
So please add me to yer list and instruct me as to how I can better help the process.
First Mate and Damsel o the Rudder Duckies
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Edara at Jun 23, 2004 7:29:05 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 7:29:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Ye want the red on the outside of the corset or inside? Those colors are my fav. Yer a sweety as always and if ye send me a tell I game I will take ye for that sail. Hope ye like to eat pirate brains!

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 7:58:41 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 7:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Updated Pending orders

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 11:52:46 AM]
[Jun 23, 2004 11:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broctannn

Spokes of a war brig are tan, I'll send you some screenies.
[Jun 23, 2004 1:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linsha

Great work, I may get you to do some for me as well!
Grab Life by the horns!!!
[Jun 23, 2004 1:26:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Ooh Ooh! Can I get on that list too?
And is price negotiable? I don't know if I have 2k in liquid cash... Is it possible to give you a sloop instead?
[Jun 23, 2004 2:11:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Merridian

Thanks Broctann! Oh Linsha and Xephin if ye want on the list I got to know what ye want. And sloops are always prefered to PoE! I will be laughing all the way to the dock with a huge grin if ye actually give me a boat for it. I will do ye a big one like 300 x 300 size as well since a sloop is way more than 2k.

Looking for fujiko Hers is done but I want her to see before I post.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Merridian at Jun 23, 2004 2:28:36 PM]
[Jun 23, 2004 2:28:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 114   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates