• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23545 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

The Bazaar is closed. For sales, please use the ocean specific Bazaar forum.

Yes, that time has come. The Bazaar (not the cathedral) is now closed. It is now locked and permanently archived for all you historical nuts. Hooray.

-Pro
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at Jul 24, 2006 10:07:43 PM]
[Jul 15, 2006 7:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Re: The end is near! -- Bazaar closing.

All I can say is, it's about time. Thank ye, Pro.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 15, 2006 7:19:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xXPyro69Xx

Hmm don't know if that would work out. Most of the artistic inclined usually have sample work and many people asking for certain things. If you put it all under one thread, would be difficult to show many samples and there would be total chaos. Not to mention the difficulty of an artist finding an order.

One does not need to have more than a passing knowledge of the history of Viridian and Hunter to see what could be. I assure you, I know more than you having not set foot on Hunter on a main in months.

[Jul 15, 2006 9:23:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inuki

I have to agree with Pyro - having one thread for all the artists will get very cluttered very quickly, and load very slowly. It seems to be fairly standard for artists to keep their first post updated with a running gallery/samples/pricing, then to periodically bump the thread as they complete new work. If everyone's just editing their single post in a thread, it's easy to miss updates, and potentially really slow to load hundreds of 150x150 images.

I still vote for changing the global bazaar to Artist's Alley, or something, for the sole and exclusive sale of artwork (or any other legally acceptable non-ocean-specific goods - handcrafted creations like dolls?). It'd be a nice centralized location where artists could still spam their own threads with shiny things, and no one would have to worry about stepping on anyone else's thread toes, so to speak.
Now in a special Hunter flavor.
[Jul 16, 2006 5:04:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    inuki42    Inuki42 [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

YPPedia! ... and use the thread to link to your particular page?
#TeamEvil
#TeamDefiantArmada
[Jul 16, 2006 8:48:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
JD6627

Me vote is to also create an avatar sales forum. There are so many great artists, one thread wouldn't do the artwork justice. Anyway, I am glad that this isn't going to be around anymore. There has been way too many people selling ocean specific junk posting here.
Kovy.
...stunned.
[Jul 16, 2006 8:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
char

Love you Pro!
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament
[Jul 16, 2006 2:43:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Which forum be ye dumping current Bazaar threads?
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Jul 16, 2006 2:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

And where will I post my "For sale on Ice" posts?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 16, 2006 4:46:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Seems slightly unnesicary to get rid of this....
[Jul 16, 2006 6:58:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Why?
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 17, 2006 1:48:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Haemus

I think the inn on Dragon's Nest in Viridian, as well as others, directs people here to sell their goods. Maybe that has contributed to the misuse of the general bazaar.
[Jul 17, 2006 12:07:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

I think the inn on Dragon's Nest in Viridian, as well as others, directs people here to sell their goods. Maybe that has contributed to the misuse of the general bazaar.
The inns do direct people here- there is a sticky post with the rules requesting people use their ocean's bazaar. Should make sense, but removing this is now a necessary thing. Oh, the memories. :)
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jul 17, 2006 12:11:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
windex_777

Yay!! Thank you!
~Redthepirate

"The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best." ~Will Rogers
[Jul 17, 2006 4:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Threads will not be saved or moved anywere, so if you want to archive something, now's your chance!

As for why? As much as I lubs the avatar arrtists, it doesn't make much sense to have an entire forum devoted to avatar sales. As it stands now, the main Bazaar is without purpose except to add undue confusion.

Ice? I'm not quite sure if there's a need right now, but who knows. We'll see.
[Jul 17, 2006 8:13:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Prometheus wrote: 

In about four weeks I'm going to have about 35 pieces of clothing for sale on Ice, including several black outfits. Should that post go in the Cobalt or Midnight bazaars?

If you provide a place for Ice transactions to go they will appear. If you make a combination events/bazaar/parley forum there should be enough activity to justify its existence.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 17, 2006 8:35:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
TheBeaver

Wouldn't it be easier just to rename it Ice and Avatar Bazaar?
[Jul 18, 2006 6:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

YPPedia! ... and use the thread to link to your particular page?

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Avatar_artists_directory has a directory style listing with space for 3 samples and other tidbits of info.

We could do individual pages if avatar artists were interested in such things, but I haven't bothered giving it a go yet. If you're an avatar artist interested in such a thing, just let me know and I can give you a hand.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Jul 19, 2006 9:09:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Yes, that time has come. The Bazaar (not the cathedral) will be closing down in a weeks time.

So The Cathedral won't be closing down? The big-code wins?

Or am I misreading that -- when will the cathedral close down?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 19, 2006 7:28:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

/e blames the big chain stores for shutting down one of the finest institutions in these waters...

But seriously, would not a conversion to being the Ice thread be worth while... sit it down the bottom only one above the locker where it can sit unnoticed by most, and pop its head p every now and again when it wants to.

My first post was in here... oh the memorys...
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 20, 2006 12:01:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Yes, that time has come. The Bazaar (not the cathedral) will be closing down in a weeks time.

So The Cathedral won't be closing down? The big-code wins?

Or am I misreading that -- when will the cathedral close down?

I miss the old days of "The Bazaaar, not the Cathedral".

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 20, 2006 4:29:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

One thing I've noticed is that the "Mariner's Muse" is now being flooded with Avatar Vendors. Many of the contest entry threads and other types of postings are getting booted off the "page 1" within less than a day...after the Global Bazaar finally closes its doors, I'm afraid the Mariner's Muse will be overwhelmed by the Avatartist migration.

Just an observation...

KP
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jul 21, 2006 5:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

Just backing up KP's obsevation.

It's a tad annoying for those of us wanting to keep a track of competition entries when they get lost so fast. I do agree - an avatar sellers' street market would be a good thing.
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Jul 21, 2006 6:37:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Threads will not be saved or moved anywere, so if you want to archive something, now's your chance!

As for why? As much as I lubs the avatar arrtists, it doesn't make much sense to have an entire forum devoted to avatar sales. As it stands now, the main Bazaar is without purpose except to add undue confusion.

If even some of the support staff and developers don't think Ice deserves attention it never will get it from the players either. If you want Ice to be even remotely useful in mass testing, then it should be treated with some semblence to other subscription oceans.

I propose that a "Cathedral" or perhaps, "The Cathedral, Not the Bazaar," (ah memories) be created where Ice, Avatar, and 3rd party Ypp related venders (those that knit, create other creative products for PoE/Dubs/real money) can sell their wares. It has the less conspicuous nature of being called a Bazaar, while still serving the purpose to those that need/desire it.

I already have a hard enough time finding Muse posts, and it is true, Avatar artists are on the rise, and they won't just confine themselves to the one post. And while the YPPedia is a useful resource for them, I don't think it's popular enough at this time to be a successful store front. Plus, I'd imagine Wikiphiles would HWFO over turning a part of the YPPedia into a store front. Though if YPPedia was more popular it is the ideal place, in my opinion...

Dragonlilly,
Offering suggestions, that hopefully are constructive...
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 21, 2006 7:01:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Mayanjewel

Oh man, I'm sad and scared, but I love the down-sizing!

I think that the avatar artists that want serious marketing should just go to their ocean specific bazaar? The bazaars could all use more fun and excitement, no?

Good bye global bazaaaaaaaaaaar

:):)
Mayanjewel

So all were lost, which in the ship were found,
They in the sea being burnt, they in the burnt ship drown'd.
[Jul 22, 2006 10:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Dragonlilly wrote: 
Plus, I'd imagine Wikiphiles would HWFO over turning a part of the YPPedia into a store front.

Quite the contrary, I assure you.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 22, 2006 8:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates