• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2676 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
MorganaP

One pirate Reply to this Post

This is the one type of post I never expected to be making. My name is Morgana or Morgs depending on which ocean I am playing on. I have been a player for over 13 years so many of you do know me.

For those who do know me, I am sure you will agree I am an honest player, whose stats are okay, not super but average but I am a loyal honest player who treats the game and the pirates on the game with respect, which in turn has earned me the respect of others.

So imagine my surprise a week ago when I attempted to log on, only to find my account had been banned for botting.
My first reaction was to check the date to see if it was April the first, because it had to be a joke.
Then I lodged an appeal confident that any OM would take a quick look at my stats and my playing record and see that my ban had to of been given but way of a false report. As with my stats I could only be described as the worlds worse botter.

Sadly my confident in being allowed to have my account back was quickly shattered, as I was told by the OM's I had botted and my only chance to return was to admit to it, and say what programs I was using and where I had got the programs. Now as I don't bot and have no such programs, I can not provide those answers, and I will not lie and say I have cheated when I haven't.

I then offered to give my computer log on details to the OM's so they could log on to my computer remotely and check my system themselves and see I have no botting programs and never have. This offer has been ignored as has my request for a phone number to ring support to try and clear this up quickly. As it stands now, I can not even check my financial status of my account to check my credit card details have indeed been cancelled and I will not be charged for a game I am no longer allowed to play.

My 13 years of game play counts for nothing and does my record as a player. So to the pirate who chose to take something from me which I loved, and taint my name in the process I do hope you are happy.

To the players I have come to call friends over the years I thank your for the vast hours of game play and wish you well.

As for me I can only say again I have not botted at any time, and I have always played the game honesty and with respect for myself and others. but the powers that be have refused to speak to me on a personal level and I have been found guilty of a crime I have not committed with no chance to clear my name.

Fairwinds all

morgana / morgs

cross posted on cerulean and emerald
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MorganaP at Jul 16, 2017 4:10:18 PM]
[Jul 15, 2017 6:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
adlpirate

Re: One pirate Reply to this Post

Oh Morgs honey :(

I am absolutely GUTTED and FURIOUS that this has happened. I have known you for 15+ years and I have never seen anything but honesty and integrity in everything you do. I remember you taking my daughter back to the supermarket checkout because she had stolen a 20 cent chocolate. That is who you are.

The amount of respect you have for this game and the players in it tell me that you could never cheat (that and I have been on your computer, so I know you havent got stuff on it that you shouldnt have)

You are greatly respected by all you come across, in game and out and I find it disgusting that you are being forced to lie and say you cheated or go without the game that you introduced me too all those years ago, a game that you have put your heart into at every turn. You have been loyal to the game, to your crews and to your hearties and for that I, as your Emerald Captain, thank you for.

I have to wonder at the people who review these things. Have you upset one of them somehow? Because it is beginning to sound like personal bias against you and that is just wrong.

Anyone with an OUNCE of common sense or intelligence can see that you dont bot. Anyone who knows you, knows you are no cheat.

You will be missed my dear friend.

Fyreside/ Capsized
~~Fyreside~~
[Jul 15, 2017 6:58:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jakesgirl11

I find it incredible that you can be banned from a game and accused of botting without proof being provided to you.
Innocent until PROVEN guilty is the way good judicial systems operate and yet PP can ban whomever they like, whenever they like without a formal validation.
In the real world ,you can sue for slander.
The approach of PP is very unfair and I believe unethical.
They are happy to take real money of people to buy dubs but don't refund their money when they ban them.
Is this not a breach of contract? You pay in exchange for services they do not provide!!
Bring in the lawyers I say!
[Jul 17, 2017 8:59:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Being honest if they want to play it that way why don't you go see someone of the law about this? You have spent your hard earn money and time into meeting new friends and spending Ingame purchase. I think if you have proof that they stated that they asked for the name and where you got it ect I think you can try break them into submission.

It may help
Captain of Grand Unification
King of Sea Sick!
[Jul 24, 2017 4:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capnrayado1

You aren't the only one this has happened to. My account was banned late June for botting, and just like yourself, I've never used bots. I was able to get unbanned and began to play on Obsidian about a week after it had been released. Tried logging on last week to play, just like I did every afternoon, and found my account had been banned for botting, AGAIN. At this point, I'm really frustrated because the only way the OMs answer anything is through their email support system, and at this point, they are just ignoring every and any email I send their way regarding my account.

I just wish there was an easier way to talk to them about these types of issues. I get they can ban anyone and everyone whenever they please or suspect people of botting, but what about those who ACTUALLY get banned when they don't even bot. This might ever only happen to a low population of players, but it's still not right to have those people go through things like this when they have spent a lot of time and money in this game.
Capnray.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Capnrayado1 at Jul 24, 2017 10:24:46 PM]
[Jul 24, 2017 10:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

This is very strange. Is there some program running in the background interfering? I know some people were banned for using gaming mice and then unbanned once it was figured out what caused the interference.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jul 25, 2017 6:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

This is very strange. Is there some program running in the background interfering? I know some people were banned for using gaming mice and then unbanned once it was figured out what caused the interference.

I recall this from awhile ago, the whole macro auto-clicking thing. Perhaps this is what is happening again?
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jul 25, 2017 6:13:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsen [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I recall this from awhile ago, the whole macro auto-clicking thing. Perhaps this is what is happening again?

It's nice to know that false positives have been acknowledged before.

I am, however, curious as to how it was 'figured out'. Because the current procedure of asking the alleged botter to name the program and the source that was used sounds like a dead end to me. If the person really is a false positive, they would have no way to answer that question. And if the OM's won't even tell them how they supposedly botted, how can anything be figured out?
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jul 25, 2017 6:25:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

There is no hope left.

Blue Apron, calls only. $APRN
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jul 25, 2017 8:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forevever

This scares the heck out of me.... I've been here for 13 years also... (and known Morgana probably the entire time)

It doesn't make any sense to me.... isn't the burden of proof on the prosecution? how can you expect her to prove a negative?

I don't know what I'd do if I came up a false positive and got banned...
And while I never had the pleasure of being in the same room with Morgana (so I can't see what her system has on it), I sure as hell wouldn't believe she botted.
Not in a million years.
Forevever and Foreverchaos
Cerulean and Meridian
[Aug 17, 2017 9:13:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    forevever [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates