• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3906 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Dvdnext

The age old question about patching. Reply to this Post

Heya, DvD here also Mikaelm on emerald ^^

So, some people see me on SMH's and cade's being that guy at patching topping most of the time with his exe's and complaining about not getting incred's...

So what ive done ive recorded how i patch and i would like to aks to ult patchers and incred patchers what iam doing wrong and where i can improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BnctQY-XbQ&feature=youtu.be
(might wanna skip trough in the begin)

in the video you can see its straight high sparkly atleast for a very long time and a couple lp's not losing my tempo.

the method i used here was speed patching i can also master patch and keep it that sparkly but it feels like masterpatching is not the way the go since ive done that for a long time.

Kind Regards, Mikaelm/Dvdnext

ps: the music is just to keep my tempo since 110bpm feels right to me hehe...
[Mar 19, 2017 5:23:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Re: The age old question about patching. Reply to this Post

Q&A forums are here: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=4

The biggest issue I see here is you ignore too many grommets when the time penalty it would take to get them would be minimal compared to the reward for several extra grommets. The other thing I see is you need more practice to improve your overall speed since you're currently going too slow to achieve incredibles.

With that being said, since the patch bots came out it's hard for any legitimate player to incred patch even outside SMH. Inside SMH is even more difficult. I used to be able to incred double row patch in my sleep, but now I really have to focus to consistently incred outside SMH. I wouldn't say I'm the most skilled myself but I did place in several fam comps, have spires of the spool (17250 inc tokens) on emerald, and sublime/ultimate/#1 on both oceans. Nowadays I'd question whether many patchers at all can legitimately incred over a full 10.5 minute segment.
----------------------------------------
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Mar 20, 2017 4:23:37 PM]
[Mar 20, 2017 11:40:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

What Tamar said, pretty much - going for master patchers with all grommets is the best scoring way to patch as far as I'm aware, and you need to pick up on speed and get even faster.

I'm not the very best patcher either (and haven't been playing it a lot in the last year or so, but also sublime/ult/#1 on eme) but I only VERY rarely get an incredible, and the very few I had were outside of SMHs.

As for the amount of patchers that legitimately inc over a full SMH segment - I've seen exactly one, but he's on the run for ban evading.
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Mar 20, 2017 2:43:08 PM]
[Mar 20, 2017 2:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Patgangster wrote: 

As for the amount of patchers that legitimately inc over a full SMH segment - I've seen exactly one, but he's on the run for ban evading.

May as well post the video of him

If you want to see how you match up, try patching on meridian or cerulean. The scoring curves less broken there, and double row incredibles are very doable on both oceans.
Jcmorgan on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Mar 21, 2017 12:21:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dvdnext

jeez, thanks for including the video, jc.

Now i know where i kinda need to work on ;P more speed and more speed and master patching haha
[Mar 24, 2017 2:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Convention

May as well post the video of him

That guy has ridiculously insane reflexes and piece precision for someone with such shitty WPM...
[Apr 7, 2017 11:43:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Here's a video from someone who's not banned (i.e. me) getting an inc on Emerald, for what it's worth :P
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Apr 14, 2017 9:52:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates