• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 485
Posts: 485   Pages: 17   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 119599 times and has 484 replies Next Thread
Eurydice
Community Manager

The "Goodbye" Thread

Short and sweet or long and drawn-out, this is where to post goodbyes.
----------------------------------------
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Dec 3, 2006 10:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
theonlyone76

Re: The "Goodbye" Thread

Like this forum a lot i think it could be used for good
Lots of people leave this game and dont really get to post there feelings or explanations for leaving. I think it should get a lot of use.
Uno (Theonlyuno for those of you who don't know me)

*Chasing Honey like Winnie the Pooh

[Dec 4, 2006 1:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cohog13

Lots of people leave this game and dont really get to post there feelings or explanations for leaving. I think it should get a lot of use.

Only for most people to come back 1-4 weeks later.
Cohog
[Dec 5, 2006 5:28:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Cohog13 [Link]  Go to top 
Darkaardvark

99% of people are going to continue to make their own threads to stroke their egos anyhow. I sincerely hope that those will now be locked and sunk.
Pleun wrote: 
Try searching using the correct spelling, the search option is very picky about that.

(Avatar by Synful.)
[Dec 7, 2006 11:20:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lizperk23

99% of people are going to continue to make their own threads to stroke their egos anyhow. I sincerely hope that those will now be locked and sunk.

That's true. The thing I did like about the global goodbye is that it served some people in a way that ocean-specific doesn't do as well. For example, come the day I leave this game (which is not today, nor anytime soon as far as I know), I would ideally tell my crew and flag mates, and hearties, before doing so--I have other ways of communicating with them than via these forums. But I would still find use in the global goodbye thread, to say goodbye to my forum friends who live on different oceans. I'm not that political, so most folks who read viridian parley wouldn't know or care that I was leaving, and the people who might want to know or care probably wouldn't see my post (as they live in different oceans). So you either post in your ocean, knowing that your intended audience isn't reading it, or make a new thread, incurring wrath and gnashed teeth, knowing that others will claim your ego is far too great to justify.

Or you could go gentle into that good night, figuring, it's an internet online game, and ye were crazy for caring that much about it. But most folks have too much a sense of self than do this.
"Yohoho the winds blow free-oh for the life of the rolling sea!"
Jollylady on Viridian
[Dec 7, 2006 7:48:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
r_nevermind

That's true. The thing I did like about the global goodbye is that it served some people in a way that ocean-specific doesn't do as well. For example, come the day I leave this game (which is not today, nor anytime soon as far as I know), I would ideally tell my crew and flag mates, and hearties, before doing so--I have other ways of communicating with them than via these forums. But I would still find use in the global goodbye thread, to say goodbye to my forum friends who live on different oceans. I'm not that political, so most folks who read viridian parley wouldn't know or care that I was leaving, and the people who might want to know or care probably wouldn't see my post (as they live in different oceans). So you either post in your ocean, knowing that your intended audience isn't reading it, or make a new thread, incurring wrath and gnashed teeth, knowing that others will claim your ego is far too great to justify.

Or you could go gentle into that good night, figuring, it's an internet online game, and ye were crazy for caring that much about it. But most folks have too much a sense of self than do this.

When I leave the game, someday, I will go quietly, I think. Most of the people with whom I choose to communicate regularly already have my MSN and email anyway, making leaving the game and not my friends a simple prospect.
~Mergen - Captain- Ira Deorum; Queen- Regnum Irae

Cheers to Nordenx (and Framling!) for the avatar!
[Dec 10, 2006 11:36:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coach12

Good-bye, I quit.

Since I won't be reposting, here's a link with more details than this! Have a nice day.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=880436#880436

Happy Holidays. <3
Icepop says, "You take really long showers."
Snowbunny says, "I'm SORRY. I enjoy bathing."
[Dec 11, 2006 6:34:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

=O >.< I willz pwn j00 on mapelstori i r lvl 23 bowman dat can hit 400 and i own you i kill yu to cum back nao i gave u 10k and briefcase dat has lvl 20 lvl limit so it good but now I want back cuz u not cool no more?
Meh, fair winds
[Dec 11, 2006 6:54:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

=O >.< I willz pwn j00 on mapelstori i r lvl 23 bowman dat can hit 400 and i own you i kill yu to cum back nao i gave u 10k and briefcase dat has lvl 20 lvl limit so it good but now I want back cuz u not cool no more?
Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[Dec 11, 2006 8:30:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.

yarly
[Dec 12, 2006 9:03:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
coach12

Meh, fair winds

D00de, I already PWNED YOU AT MS. I'm lvl 32, Warrior and I got nx so.......

Go lvl up? XD
Icepop says, "You take really long showers."
Snowbunny says, "I'm SORRY. I enjoy bathing."
[Dec 12, 2006 1:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

but ma playa got blak hair and has a upgrated hat thingy whiich is worh 35k an and i wear a suit that looks like the cat suit that the lead singer from the darkness wears in his music videos that kreeps everyone out so no i pwn u
[Dec 12, 2006 5:58:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KariMinger

Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.

yarly
Level 23 bowman? Ew. I had a 42 ice/lit mage and a 30-something warrior on global. Higher on SEA. Wasted time.
Zazazu : blockading near you
Captain of "Cracker-Throwing Monkey"-Ellipse-Viridian
You can't buy fame, you earn it. Unless it's Corona Reef we're talking about. -Saltake
[Dec 14, 2006 9:10:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

I got kinda bored so I just dont play much anymore.
[Dec 14, 2006 11:50:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
capn_sydney

Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.

yarly
Level 23 bowman? Ew. I had a 42 ice/lit mage and a 30-something warrior on global. Higher on SEA. Wasted time.

d00d wtf is up wit dat i got mah 600k an mah n00bs teh cum and fill yuh britches wit tofu

lol omg wtf am i doin i h8 chatspeak

DOWN WITH CHATSPEAK

anyway i had fun with the tofu in the underpants you can also have fun by hiding all of someones clothes while their in the shower ir the classic mustache with a permanent marker

shalots to ye
capnsydney of the viridian ocean
captain of "the buccaneer heroes"
monarch of "war for profit"
capnsydney on all oceans

scupperer wrote: 
I'd insult you, but you sniped me.

[Dec 15, 2006 6:48:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaym2k5

ai liekz cheez mai frned!!!1one

u gif mi poez?

2 late!!11one!1eleventy

i r reetyred n now al ai du iz watch deel or no deel awl dai en PP burz me!!1one

luf u all!!

J,
wtf?
Jamezrob. - Banned.
[Dec 19, 2006 3:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

/rerail

Ok... after over a year on Viridian, I think its about time I've kicked the bucket. I might log on every once and a while.. but just to say hi... And I might post in non-political forums when I get the chance, so yeah. I might come back again in the near future... but I don't know. Love you all, thanks OOO for a wonderful time. No I'm not moving to Maple Story.... anyways, bye guys.

Go 'head and dance your party dances, woo

-Off
[Dec 19, 2006 3:15:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

Can't edit posts.. so double posting, obviously.
EDIT: If I do come back, I will likely be on Hunter, Sage, or Opal, where I can get a fresh start.
[Dec 19, 2006 3:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaym2k5

Can't edit posts.. so double posting, obviously.
EDIT: If I do come back, I will likely be on Hunter, Sage, or Opal , where I can get a fresh start. And maybe learn some German.

Fixed.

J,
still wtf?
Jamezrob. - Banned.
[Dec 19, 2006 3:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

/rerail

Ok... after over a year on Viridian, I think its about time I've kicked the bucket. I might log on every once and a while.. but just to say hi... And I might post in non-political forums when I get the chance, so yeah. I might come back again in the near future... but I don't know. Love you all, thanks OOO for a wonderful time. No I'm not moving to Maple Story.... anyways, bye guys.

Go 'head and dance your party dances, woo

-Off

Now who is going to confuse me with gangster lingo?
Anchovia
[Dec 20, 2006 2:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
courtkid1012

Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.

yarly

d00d wtf is up wit dat i got mah 600k an mah n00bs teh cum and fill yuh britches wit tofu

DOWN WITH CHATSPEAK

anyway i had fun with the tofu in the underpants you can also have fun by hiding all of someones clothes while their in the shower ir the classic mustache with a permanent marker

shalots to ye

your all noobs compared to my level 21 magician chinch1 O.o
BEAT THAT
Chinchi on all oceans. (Viridian)
Ducha De Oro of Riddle Makers

Inspire others
^Click
[Dec 20, 2006 12:46:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaym2k5

Meh, fair winds

OMG NO WAI.

yarly

DOWN WITH CHATSPEAK

shalots to ye

your're all noobs compared to my level 21 magician chinch1 O.o
BEAT THAT

Fixed.
Jamezrob. - Banned.
[Dec 21, 2006 1:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

Last post, so I'll share it again (like it should be; in this thread): http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=53353
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Dec 21, 2006 3:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

u gif mi poez?

2 late!!11one!1eleventy

i r reetyred n now al ai du iz watch deel or no deel awl dai en PP burz me!!1one

luf u all!!

J,
wtf?

i love cheese. i really do.
[Dec 23, 2006 12:32:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jaym2k5

u gif mi poez?

2 late!!11one!1eleventy

luf u all!!

J,
wtf?

Marry me.
Jamezrob. - Banned.
[Dec 23, 2006 2:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dancinjen

you have to take that up with my boyfriend. :p
[Dec 23, 2006 11:01:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mistermatt

Dairy products are my friends
[Dec 24, 2006 10:58:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
courtkid1012

u gif mi poez?

2 late!!11one!1eleventy

luf u all!!

J,
wtf?

Pretty sure that's tokinjen

If so... she DOES like her cheese a LOT. Meatballs too I think. And Flash Gordon I remember that... "Flah Gordon? Count me in!!!"
Chinchi on all oceans. (Viridian)
Ducha De Oro of Riddle Makers

Inspire others
^Click
[Jan 5, 2007 1:08:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sikral

Now its time for the long process of re-railing to commence.

Well after returning to the game for only 3 months, I have decided that tis game is a waste of time for me. There are more important things then this game in life. Yourself, family, education/work, time and money are the things I am willing to saltaking semi retire from this game. I have lost motivation for the game so I will only hop on about an hour a week to see people. I will do my complaints in another post but I may as well dribble on about the saviors of Viridian (aka the people I think are note worthy)

Where to start ......

The Famous/Infamous Queens of Viridian

Cyndiepet: A great friend and a great queen while I was in Pay For Play, she would do anything for Viridian and deserves to win the lottery in real life. She loves her Tristan, her flaggies and her islands. To have a governor like you in Viridian is a privlidge. I never met anyone that actually enjoyed being a TC except you. (Crazy isn't she)

The Whale: I thought saying BigBertha would just be an insult, so we will just refer her as the Whale. Well I was in Vanguard for a week before going to a friends crew/flag but you indeed made it special. You are an extremely friendly person who treasures fun.

Milkchan: Well then chances of you reading this are limited but I am still going to talk about you as you are special. Your flag has always been #1, you sacrifice almost anything for your flag and it has proved on how successful your flag has been. You are a great friend none the less tough but when people are in Riddlemakers, there is more of a family friendly atmosphere compared to Vanguard and that atmosphere makes you feel like family.

Kalani: Well I was in SX before and the time I was there was quiet nice although we had our differences at our end a week before you sacrificed your fleet to Pay For Play, we had our fun. Be nice to see SX blockade an island as SX instead of some other flag being SX.

To the corrupt men of Viridian

Twiggy: You certainly make the ocean more interesting, its a pity you don't have millions of doubloons though as you would certainly make the ocean more interesting. Continue sinking any vessel and convert the ocean to Christianity (The flag, not the religion).

Saintdeath: You worked your buttocks off for the Ice ocean blockade and you did great (although at the end I noticed that we had half of British Eagles as Officers in the Viridian crews, I wonder you did that). Be nice to work with you on another blockade in the future. Great person, needs a better flag and a reality check.

Calais: Well we have only talked a few times but discovering the little jester you are, you need recognition. Thank You for being that rich kid making the ocean interesting. Blockade another large island when the a large island opens, time to make the ocean cry again.

And to the people that have effected me a lot;

Jewelangel: You are a special person, if your not flirting with Urchin you are transporting something or renaming/painting another vessel. You can make the ocean smile all at one if people knew you, you are a great friend and supports everything that needs to happen in the ocean.

Scabard: What can I say about this guy except that he is always on with his happy face. I have rarely seen him angry (Get the odd person that doesn't learn a lesson) but over all,he is a leasure to talk to. Being on his pillages you really feel like family (except if I am XOing with my little plank for mean reasons). The ocean could really learn a lesson from this guy.

Sxybby: Hear my words now, she will lead a future powerhouse of Viridian. She is an excellent person who can always help out. I have tried and tried to get the evil bone out of her for a while to make the ocean interesting but she is just too nice (my opinion) (except if people don't know when your sending too many tells and you need to stop sending tells to her).

Arielmac: Arielmac, what can you say about her except she is a lively person, interesting but ruins my evil plans for ocean curruptioness (I made that word up) one too many times. An incredible friend and im ny opinion, too friendly. But she always put her friends first, no matter what the occasion.

Mercif: Last but not the least, one of my greatest friends in this game. He indeed showed me the importance of education and indirectly helped me in my decision out semi retiring from this game. Although he as well won't be on for a while as well, I wish him all the best in life.

Well I ran out of time but other people I should remark about or hadn't talked to in a while are the following.

Rumi
Macgreggor
Mergen
Johndigger
Loveu
Zao
Snible
Urchin
Martobain
Mastodon
Elegance
Morte
Roughknuckle
Sanchez
SNakeeyes
Firstblood
Hanachan
Ashdo
Jellyphant
Every other one of my hearties
Anyone that blockades an island
People who love war
Forum Tarts
People who put up with me
And most of All
APRON LOVERS

Will have a little rant in another post.
Hairless - Pirate on the Viridian Ocean
[Jan 16, 2007 10:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltake

I am willing to saltaking semi retire from this game.

I love it how I became a new type of retiring. Saltaking, it sounds good.

I couldn't fully retire because I couldn't retire from the Forums. So, if you really want to quit, then the best thing is to get off the Forums too. If you're a Forum tart that is.
Saltake
Martobain says, "Your standing in Bringing weed to Belgium from A'dam without getting caught went up and is now Respected in the whole ocean!"
[Jan 16, 2007 11:45:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 485   Pages: 17   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates