• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7104 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
M_Cobain

Secrets Revealed: Prologue, First Subject

For the past couple of years, people have been wandering these piracy grounds doing whatever they please. Some walking a life of innocence, others walking a life of shadows. Seeing as we're a community, and we need eachother to have a good time, I don't see why we have to keep living our pirate lifes so anonymously. So distant from eachother. So, because I believe that there are some interesting figures playing on Viridian, I'm planning to pick a couple of them and unraffle their story. I'd like to portrait them, find their drive to play this game and maybe find out some of their political idea's. I'm going to try and research atleast one subject a month, and report my findings here. If you have comments or things you'd like to see in the next issue, please post them here. I'll be trying to be as objective as possible, because I believe nothing is more important than the truth when it comes to researching. For now, I'm giving you the first edition of Secrets Revealed. Enjoy!

Secrets Revealed
Edition one

Subject: Babybelinda
Date of joining: 3/11/2009
Pet: Karkinos (black, yellow)
Colour bike: Blue
House: Rowhouse (Dragon's Nest)

Upon reading the name 'Babybelinda', you immediately form a couple of assumptions in your head. Not only is the first part of her name directly tagged with the card of being an infant, the second part also implies the player is a female pirate named Belinda. After researching the subject for a couple of weeks, it became clear that my first assumptions were accurate. Babylinda is indeed a young baby somewhere around the age of 2-3 months. Her parents named her 'Belinda' after a succesful Dutch television host 'Linda de Mol'. See the pictures below for the clear resembling features of Linda and Belinda.

[Left: Babybelinda] [Right: Linda de Mol]

Even though Babybelinda might have masked her baby midget existance by fancy pirate clothes and facial products, the personalities of Babybelinda and Linda de Mol don't match as good as their looks. After documenting and videotaping Babybelinda's pirate lifestyle, I noticed that she is the leader of a group of people named 'Fight for Fun'. Of course the first question that popped into my mind would be 'how can a baby run a crew?'. Are there more crews like these ran by infants? Have babies found a way to infiltrate the hirarchy system implemented by Three Rings? And if there are crews ran by babies, do they have preset nap times? Breast feed sessions? Who feeds these babies with their mother milk?
To get my answers to these questions I had to confront the subject with my intentions. I had to tell her that I was researching her (abnormal) way of waving the scepter. After asking her if she knew any other babies with the intellectual abilities she so obviously mastered, she told me she didn't know any other crews ran this way. Immediately after putting away my baby toys (how do you take the first steps into communicating with a baby captain?), noticing how she didn't pay any attention to them since I engaged into the conversation, she added that "running a baby crew in a responsible way comes with great challenges". Unfortunately for the interview, the rest of the questions had to be postponed until after her 'potty time' as she called it herself.

Putting aside my personal moral questionmarks about this matter, I believe that a great part of today's pirate sociaty seems to welcome a more alternative way of crew management. I took the time to settle myself into the environment of the crew 'Fight for Fun' to see if the atmosphere really was as relaxed as Babybelinda described earlier in the interview. I asked some of the crew members to give me their view on them having an infantile leader. The next conversation was a result of this.

Martobain says, "In your own words, could you describe how your captain being a baby affects the way of normal day-to-day pirate activities?"

Zorbo says, "sure lol"
Zorbo says, "she is my light in the night :D"
Zorbo smiles

Despite the slightly cryptic way of describing his relationship with his captain, Zorbo clearly points out that having a baby as captain doesn't have to cause problems per sé. Later he also explained how he felt a lot of warmth and love towards his captain, and he assured me that all other crew members shared his thoughts in the matter. Seeing as I'm a professional researcher, I took this statement to the test, and got the next answer.

Martobain says, "How would you say your captain influences your puzzling experience, Paperdoll?"

Paperdoll says, "i would say she has so much pacience and is so much polite that it would influences enough to try to do your best"

Clearly confirming Zorbo's earlier words, she also adds that apparently Babybelinda found a way to show affection and patience towards her fellow crewmembers, despite being two months old. If this has anything to do with her earlier life, I'm not sure, but I have to admit I was impressed by Babybelinda's unusual social abilities. Rumours go that Babybelinda had to take care of her older sister weeks before becoming captain of the crew she's currently leading so successfully. Being exposed to such forced responsibilities, she quickly learned how to manipulate and, in a way, care for individuals many times older than herself. This incredible feature is heartily endorsed by her crew and flagmates. Upon asking a royalty of the flag she's in, she even seems to play a role into the organisation of 'Dilemma', a respectable flag on the Viridian ocean. However, her shortcomings that come with being a baby do sometimes hold her back.

Elfeesh flag officer chats, "Oh well yes, her abilities as a small child (or lack thereof) certainly make it harder for her to form coherent sentences or have strong enough neck muscles to hold her head up"

If Elfeesh refers to an old incident regarding Babybelinda's crew earlier this year remains unknown, but the matter still seems to be elligable for discussion. The incident describes fear that would be expected from a baby captain. Fear of making decisions, or taking too much responsibility on their hands. Was Babybelinda's choice to not go for a titled member spot in her flag reason for the royalties in charge to believe that 'she can't hold her head up' when the tides are changing? These speculations have to remain unclear, unfortunately. What seems to be clear, however, is that Babybelinda has put a stamp on the Viridian sociaty in a way that is hard to ignore. She managed to gather a group of people, teach them their ways of pirating and shared her weight of life experience despite having any.
When finding myself in a more private location with Babybelinda, I ask her some questions about her reasoning behind her baby reign. I find myself intruiged with the compassion I hear in her explanation of her failed attempt to run a youth hostel, her short criminal period in the southern parts of the ocean, and her love for knitting (baby clothes, mostly). She explains how "knitting and bossing people around gives her the satisfaction of being someone in this world". Accompied by a couple of shy giggles and other baby sounds, she continues by saying how important it is to her that "every pirate on the ocean should find a home of their own". She has a rowhouse on Dragon's Nest for herself, but after a bad break up she had too many bad memories about the house to be able to live in it anymore. She spends most her days on one of her pirate ships, or in a baby box playing with her baby toys. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she isn't going to put her thoughts of reaching even higher on a side-track. Her ambitions lay higher on the political ladder. Her age promisses a series of other memorable prestations.

It looks like the reign of Babybelinda has only just started. Using her tiny baby hands to wrap around her own dreams and cling onto her own beliefs. With that thought I close this file, hoping that I don't ever have to deal with such creepy tiny baby fingers and baby nails in the rest of my researches.

Seeing as this is just my first research as a journalist, I want to point out that feedback is very important here.
If you want me to research more (head) figures of this ocean, post so below. If not, be sure to tell me aswell.

Professional reporter,
----------------------------------------
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jan 30, 2012 4:37:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Re: Secrets Revealed: Prologue, First Subject

Objective, conclusive, and decisive. I congratulate you on a well constructed article my good man.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 30, 2012 4:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Only monthly? :o
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 30, 2012 4:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

nle;wra

Not long enough; would read again.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 30, 2012 4:58:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I was wondering why the hell you were asking questions about her.
Captainrich
[Jan 30, 2012 6:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Do one for me.
[Jan 30, 2012 8:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

Do one for me.

Mine would be better...
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jan 30, 2012 8:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Breast feed sessions?

Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jan 31, 2012 12:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

tl;iggsajnktb

(too long; I'm gunna go smoke a joint now, k thx bye)
[Jan 31, 2012 3:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I vote Orbsus.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 31, 2012 4:57:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Iameric

I would personally enjoy seeing this done on Oosteve if possible
Iameric - Meridian/Emerald - Bacon Strips
[Jan 31, 2012 3:02:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Oh, we can still post. wat
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 31, 2012 3:07:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates