• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8225 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
Sverdrup

Defence of Terra

Heisenberg's Uncertainty invites all friendly, hostile, and n+1 parties to Terra where we will host a defence that tries to comply with PFM3-24:

What: Blockade at Terra
Who: Heisenberg's Uncertainty (defending)
Pay: 1000/seg (starting)
When: 4pm game (jobbing starts 3pm)
Sinking: No.

We keep the blockade itself non-sinking as this is beneficial to us after a reading of PFM3-24. As in all our blockades, all staff on our ships will be flag mates fighting on their main pirate characters.

We will accept almost all alliance requests for the duration of the blockade. There is no need to co-ordinate to closely with us, because we will conduct ourselves according to the C.H.A.O.S. principle: Cat Have Arrived On Scene.

More later (such as island plans, 3% tax, bugs, weekly profits, etc.), gotta run through the rain.
----------------------------------------
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Jan 27, 2012 4:01:22 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 5:57:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Re: Defence of Terra

Reserved.
[Jan 27, 2012 5:57:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

Non-Sinking at a large. Typical.
Nopolitics
[Jan 27, 2012 6:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

All your posts are basically comprised of 3 - 12 words, mostly in a derogatory way, and mostly to say crap without any reasoning behind it. Stay classy bro.

Gl HU
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 27, 2012 1:32:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Whos attacking?

Gl
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Jan 27, 2012 1:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MaxPain

A group of evil beavers?
Icce on Sage
[Jan 27, 2012 3:37:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

What: Blockade at Terra
Who: Corpus Mortus
Pay: 1000/seg
When: 4pm GT 28th Jan
Sinking: No.
Why: Not many females get the chance to nav so this is there oppourtunity (There not all rockstars like avaienda D:)

Island Plans

Taxes will be ramped back to 100%, Why you say?
There a 4 week shut down of the blockade window so instead of having no blockades there will be a weekly event blockades (different types) giving away all them taxes. After that i couldn't care less MErdian will no longer be my home ocean.
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by briskysforum at Jan 27, 2012 3:51:47 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 3:49:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Thank you, Brisky. Sounds good to me all around and, it appears, together with a few others, we should be able to cause a little havoc on more than blockade board (Kirin ;-)

Good luck to you, and may the flag with the better women carry the day and the fair isle of Manhattan, eh, Terra.

[It appears that the island management functions/coffers were booched: All week, we received the full base rent/tax from shoppes as if taxes were set to 100% while the actually are at 3%. After consulting with more experienced governors, after all, I am a very green governor of 5 days, I /bug reported it to developers.]
[Jan 27, 2012 4:15:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stayclassy

All your posts are basically comprised of 3 - 12 words, mostly in a derogatory way, and mostly to say crap without any reasoning behind it. Stay classy bro.

Gl HU

Well I'm not flaming on the fact that they are trying to save their resources, Its actually a good move. I was just merely looking at the fact that someone who had the same idea as I was pushing for that "Hey this guys only do non-sinking. /rage."

So in your terms. Unsuccessful Flamer Start is Unsuccessful.

GL H.U. Time to show yourselves.
Nopolitics
[Jan 27, 2012 6:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

All blockade staff are current members of Heisenberg's Uncertainty with the battle navigation of frigs, brigs, junks, fanchuans, and sloops done by 1. Gega, 2. Vengiesoul, 3. Acatl, 4. Cation, 5. Yatchou, 6. Gambbit, and 7. Datsme. I will serve as the booching traffic control officer with JobHU as the jobbing contact.

I am probably forgetting something, but that is not unusual. I wear the label "village idiot" proudly in my vain attempts to fight elitist attitudes wherever I see them both within and without.

As for island plans and taxes, should we be honored to govern Terra for the next 4 weeks. I intend to continue doing it with a light touch in the tradition of Fredtheelf who ruled Kirin during ancient times:

The best governments are those that are hardly noticable. Taxes will stay at 3%, because we made over 200,000 poes off Terra at this rate. I suspect that this is a bug, reported it as such, see the "village idiot" part now?

For the people by the people ... or as Gweenie would say before each battle .... For the Pineapples
[Jan 28, 2012 11:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Even though you dropped tax to 3% shoppe's still have to pay the tax which was set by the rate at the time it became possible to pay tax. Next week the amount taken in will be far lower as all shoppe's should have paid and as such will be subject to the 3% tax rate.
Seepnah
[Jan 28, 2012 11:15:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Thanks for the fun guys, was great to be on the other end of a blockade for a change and was lot of fun naving with the girls.
Roseh

[Jan 28, 2012 7:30:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

I gracefully bow my head with hat in hand to "Corpus Mortuus" (n=1) and "Legacy" (n=2). I do this with a sense of trepidation as, I feel, both these flags have very strong similarities such as shielding their island from PvP attack via the scuttle. This should surprise, as both fight rather well.

More importantly, however, I thank our ally of the day "Mutual Understanding" who as a third party (n=3) came out very strong to support us, as did "The First Fleet" (n=4). Thank ye all for yer valient efforts. I am grateful to both their and our jobbers, many of them repeat jobbers, which indicates that we must be doing something right. Hope ye enjoyed our company as well as we did enjoy yer hard work keeping our ships moving and shooting.

And lastly and foremost, I feel honored to be the Captain of as fine and diverse a group of officers and pirates that are Schroedinger's (n=5). All glories and battle scars are yers, all booches are mine. Thank ye for contesting the waters off Terra as well as ye did without a jobbing contact, a board admiral, and a land admiral. Gega, Patchhoney, Cation, Vengiesoul, Datmse, Yachou, Acatl, and Gambbit ... especially since we ... well, no digressing, much better to be moving on.

Total costs came to a touch under 3 Mil for all 3 rounds as pay increased from 1000 to 2800 poe, the highest we have ever paid since we started blockading together 10 months ago. We deserve a good and long break for some regular pillaging and training. The freedom of nothing left to lose does feel rather good ;-)
[Jan 28, 2012 9:48:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

I gracefully bow my head with hat in hand to "Corpus Mortuus" (n=1) and "Legacy" (n=2). I do this with a sense of trepidation as, I feel, both these flags have very strong similarities such as shielding their island from PvP attack via the scuttle. This should surprise, as both fight rather well.

More importantly, however, I thank our ally of the day "Mutual Understanding" who as a third party (n=3) came out very strong to support us, as did "The First Fleet" (n=4). Thank ye all for yer valient efforts. I am grateful to both their and our jobbers, many of them repeat jobbers, which indicates that we must be doing something right. Hope ye enjoyed our company as well as we did enjoy yer hard work keeping our ships moving and shooting.

And lastly and foremost, I feel honored to be the Captain of as fine and diverse a group of officers and pirates that are Schroedinger's (n=5). All glories and battle scars are yers, all booches are mine. Thank ye for contesting the waters off Terra as well as ye did without a jobbing contact, a board admiral, and a land admiral. Gega, Patchhoney, Cation, Vengiesoul, Datmse, Yachou, Acatl, and Gambbit ... especially since we ... well, no digressing, much better to be moving on.

Total costs came to a touch under 3 Mil for all 3 rounds as pay increased from 1000 to 2800 poe, the highest we have ever paid since we started blockading together 10 months ago. We deserve a good and long break for some regular pillaging and training. The freedom of nothing left to lose does feel rather good ;-)

Nice try trying to snipe back in after pulling out (Fail=1)
Getting beat by a bunch of girls(Fail=2), no offence intended girlys that was some good fun, i think thats worth doing everyweek just to hear mimi when she sinks a ship <3 :) Donkreig footing half the bill (Fail=3) and finally not supplying him with enough ships to continue funding you (Fail=4)

I'd say it was fun but i hate jc/la but glad all who toke partt on my side had fun. It wasn't really a gg afterall we knew the outcome. Just wanted to prove a point. FEMALES OWNED YOO BOOTY ON DA BOARD!
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Jan 29, 2012 12:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

How cute, Brisky! Nice to see your amazing sportsmanship!

I don't want to talk down your navers, not at all. I'd say that the whole "you got beaten by girls, haha, you suck" more or less nullifies an initiative that could have been quite honorable. But anyway... Please take this into consideration when bragging about your win:

Also, at any time, add an allied WF (about 50 jobbers) to HU. They started jobbing after I started the tracker, and I didn't bother restarting it.

I logged off after R1 and actually went to bed somewhere during R2, so I don't have a complete graph, but I see no reason to believe that the trend changed.

Nonetheless, I'm being told by those who actually ran the Legacy effort yesterday that it was fun, so thanks for a fun blockade! From what I saw in R1 (and peeking in a bit in R2), all three flags had their own strategies to win, rather than stopping a certain other side from winning - there was no teaming up, and neither flag was chanceless, which was very refreshing and fun to see in a 3-way blockade. The 3P brig from TFF also seemed to be quite neutral, running around and shooting and pointblocking all contenders pretty equally, from what I could see. (And it just didn't sink!) Also, thank you HU for keeping it non-sinking, as a good playground for some newer navers! Good game, both to HU and CM!

And ofc, a big thank you to all jobbers on Legacy's ships! :D
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 29, 2012 1:34:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladylego

I just wanted to say a big thank you to brisk for organising a girls only nav team... and allowing me to nav 1. in my first ever cade and 2. in something bigger then a cutter... though a wf with no xo was kind of a baptism of fire.

Was so great to hear the girls on vent actually enjoying themselves and the excitement when we managed to sink ships... great fun and and a s lou said first cade I have walked away from in a long time with no headache.

Hope you run things like this again just to prove that Girls do kick ass... and cades dont always have to be so serious. Thanks to all who supported us.

sparkly lego hugs h x

ps back to xo'ing!
[Jan 29, 2012 1:42:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

Nice try trying to snipe back in after pulling out (Fail=1)
Getting beat by a bunch of girls(Fail=2), no offence intended girlys that was some good fun, i think thats worth doing everyweek just to hear mimi when she sinks a ship <3 :) Donkreig footing half the bill (Fail=3) and finally not supplying him with enough ships to continue funding you (Fail=4)

I'd say it was fun but i hate jc/la but glad all who toke partt on my side had fun. It wasn't really a gg afterall we knew the outcome. Just wanted to prove a point. FEMALES OWNED YOO BOOTY ON DA BOARD!

If the 'snipe' you are talking about was the 3p that entered in the 5th round, that was not coordinated between them and HU at all. Did not talk to sver once until after the kade. Could have honestly won it for them, was only 3 points away and wasted a turn before going to the cluster. Decided not too, was just drunk, went into the board hoping there would be more than just a cutter camping points tbh.

----

But it looked like a great kade from all sides, in the previous rounds.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pillowfight1 at Jan 29, 2012 1:57:07 AM]
[Jan 29, 2012 1:56:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Wouldn't fight with a girl, they fight to the death O.o
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jan 29, 2012 10:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockstarkou

Wouldn't fight with a girl, they fight to the death O.o

words of wisdom

Mitos says, "I was the drunk of the crew but I am official scapegoat now"
Mitos says, "well..I am even cheaper than Llama"

Kristi= Sucks at Puzzles
[Jan 30, 2012 3:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Wouldn't fight with a girl, they bitch at you to death O.o

Captainrich
[Jan 30, 2012 6:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Yet for some reason its why we love em. Or maybe thats just me.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 30, 2012 6:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates