• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 40065 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
sailer000

Re: Viridian Blockade Videos

I used to be able to watch the clips with windows media player. But not anymore. Got any recomended programs I could watch them with?

VLC Player

I'm also having that problem. I tried the VLC player too, but that doesn't seem to work either. Maybe I am doing something wrong with it..?
----------------------------------------
- Anchormann on all oceans, but mainly Viridian Meridian!
- Senior Officer of the Crew, PG Tips.
- Member of the Flag, Blood Sweat And Beers

Waiting for the right moment..
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sailer000 at Jul 30, 2009 4:40:21 PM]
[Jul 30, 2009 4:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

I used to be able to watch the clips with windows media player. But not anymore. Got any recomended programs I could watch them with?

VLC Player

I'm also having that problem. I tried the VLC player too, but that doesn't seem to work either. Maybe I am doing something wrong with it..?

I've never been able to view any of the recordings =(. Im downloading VLC now though
Another random alt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by prariedogs52 at Aug 3, 2009 9:01:37 AM]
[Aug 3, 2009 9:00:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sailer000

VLC Player

I've never been able to view any of the recordings =(. Im downloading VLC now though

If it works for you, please explain how you got it to. Thanks.
- Anchormann on all oceans, but mainly Viridian Meridian!
- Senior Officer of the Crew, PG Tips.
- Member of the Flag, Blood Sweat And Beers

Waiting for the right moment..
[Aug 4, 2009 3:41:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

VLC Player

If it works for you, please explain how you got it to. Thanks.

VLC player did work for me. I downloaded it off of one of the mirrors Phil provided. After that you can just download the links he puts up, and they play upon double clicking them on the desktop using VLC player.
Another random alt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by prariedogs52 at Aug 4, 2009 1:31:00 PM]
[Aug 4, 2009 1:30:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

/e dibs on recording Polaris Point tonight.
Trogo on Viridian.
[Sep 18, 2009 8:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

I posted Polaris and Viridis (Round 1 on both) for Fearlessphil, I think he's inactive? Does anyone know how to contact him out of game? Thanks!
Trogo on Viridian.
[Oct 23, 2009 7:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Metallife

Can someone tape the Hadrian (VGvsSC) for me? Pleassssse <3

I have a friends confirmation to go to and it'd be really bad if I missed it but I want to see the Cade :(

Thanks if you can :)
Crazyfists
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
[Nov 6, 2009 10:44:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nurage

Bump. Hey could any one advice me on good video recording websites I can't seem to find any :(,

Pop a PM here or Priv Message :) thanks
Nurage on the Viridian Ocean
Orpheous on the Meridian Ocean
[Jul 26, 2010 1:55:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Hmm... Might be considered spammy since I posted a link in the intent thread too, but, intent threads get lost and it's good to keep videos in one place when people go look for them.

So, here goes Hadrian XI, Legacy vs Reign of Chaos:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Feb 4, 2011 2:15:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Hmm... Might be considered spammy since I posted a link in the intent thread too, but, intent threads get lost and it's good to keep videos in one place when people go look for them.

So, here goes Hadrian XI, Legacy vs Reign of Chaos:

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

I rather enjoy the music variation
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Feb 4, 2011 11:49:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drakoding

Great ty =D
Drakoding

Captain Of Shadow Troopers
King Of Ultimate Phantoms
[Jun 27, 2011 6:24:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Did anyone get the last Kirin cade, R2? I'd love to see it.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jul 10, 2011 12:57:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

We really need someone to follow up Fearlessphil's work! I do wonder how he made his recordings public. Youtube doesn't seem right since you can only upload 13-14min video's at the max unless you got a couple thousand subscribers. Plus using Hypercam 2 to record can easely make your recordings run up a few GB's.

Perhaps someone would want to do this? Or maybe someone could explain how to do it. Hopefully it's not an incredible amount of work and can be done for free.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Jul 14, 2011 4:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

You could just speed the recording up and break it up into rounds so you can upload it to Youtube.
Anchovia
[Jul 14, 2011 9:14:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

You could just speed the recording up and break it up into rounds so you can upload it to Youtube.

You could, but sadly, it would be a pain to watch. To get a really nice blockade video, you need to cut most of the "waiting time" (the time the naver has to put in moves) and keep the time when the ships are moving, and usually speed it up a bit too. That's a lot of work, though... Which is why our videos tend to arrive late, if at all.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 14, 2011 10:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

You can compress a video by quite a lot using windows movie maker, but it also kills the quality.

I will try recording the next blockade and just speed it up and compress it and see how it turns out (if I remember that is)
[Jul 14, 2011 11:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Well the biggest problems are probably the file size and the capturing program you use. When I recorded some of my puzzling before, I end up with a massive file size on each clip.

You could get a converter to down the size of the files you want to use?? But those are usually trial versions so that doesn't help. Unless someone knows a good free program. Besides I really don't know anything about how to use converters the right way.

Also, your gonna have to use an editing program to change the captured clips file type??? I don't know xD But I used Premiere Pro before and well that doesn't convert at all it only make it even more huge! Meaning if your gonna upload it on Youtube it will suck up all your internet and take a day++. I gess you could use Windows Movie Maker, but when I used that it resized my clips and completely streched them out. So if your using Hypercam 2, I think it's essential to pick a correct capture screen window size. But hey, I'm a noob at editing video material...

These are the issues I bumped on when trying to record from my desktop before, so maybe there are more 'pro' people out there who got the solution. Preferably free and easy!
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Jul 14, 2011 12:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates