• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10465 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
the8dude

Plans for Alkaid Island

On behalf of Your Flag, we thank all those who supported us today!

Island Plans

Shoppes:

We plan on restoring Alkaid. Here is how we will do it:

This week, we will construct 2 IM's. We have examined Alkaid's capacity to produce CB's and have concluded that the levels of production and supply is insufficient, impeding the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages.

The following week, we plan to construct a flag SY for the repair of ships. Further island development may following. We highly value the business of Alkaid's shop & stall owners. Therefore, all of our actions will be geared with their interests in mind.

After receiving commentary on the newly placed IM shop, I would like to clear this up now, as I will not be addressing this issue again. All new shops constructed will follow the island Primates theme.

Primates: "A mammal of the order Primates, which includes the anthropoids and prosimians, characterized by refined development of the hands and feet, a shortened snout, and a large brain." Therefore, to answer a question that arose earlier, Gorillas are primates.

For those interested in learning more about primates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate

What if a shoppe dusts?

Dusted Shops will be replaced without a refund. A new shop will be erected in it's place.

Taxes:

We will not be rasing taxes higher than they currently are, 30%. Taxes will be lowered to 25% after 1 week of island control. We will be offering a 50% tax refund on all taxes during the first week of the ocean merger.

Events:
To be announced.
Alkaid Event Blockades will be scheduled upon request or during certain competitions.
----------------------------------------
Zakilla
You've seen nothing yet.
[Jan 21, 2012 9:55:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Re: Plans for Alkaid Island

I'll let others comment on the plans, but I'm just curious, who helped you come up with these island plans?
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jan 21, 2012 10:47:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stosh1919

Its xpac yay we took it all be on wedsday okay? I'm on my droid now
Xpac
Captain of Cold Blooded
King of Bad Blood

"In the words of Snoop Dogg, you act like a B**ch, you get smacked like a B**ch."-Dahlgren
[Jan 22, 2012 12:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stosh1919

Its xpac yay we took it all be on wedsday okay? I'm on my droid now

Congrats!
Xpac
Captain of Cold Blooded
King of Bad Blood

"In the words of Snoop Dogg, you act like a B**ch, you get smacked like a B**ch."-Dahlgren
[Jan 22, 2012 12:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RoketQueen

Shoppes:

We plan on restoring Alkaid. Here is how we will do it:

This week, we will construct 2 IM's. We have examined Alkaid's capacity to produce CB's and have concluded that the levels of production and supply is insufficient, impeding the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages.

The following week, we plan to construct a flag SY for the repair of ships. Further island development may following. We highly value the business of Alkaid's shop & stall owners. Therefore, all of our actions will be geared with their interests in mind.

What kind of research did you do into the Alkaid CB market? I heard a passing comment on a ship yesterday that your flag had bought up the market for the coming blockade. So it's quite a biased market at the moment. Does your research stretch further into the past than just this week/weekend?

Will you be selling the IMs or running them inner flag? If you are selling them, will you actually make sure they go into the right hands for management or just the guy who is willing to pay the most to get another shoppe?

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market?

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners?

Edit : I've also just been informed that some atlantis maps have been spawning nearby Alkaid which has also exhausted the market recently.
Roketqueen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RoketQueen at Jan 22, 2012 3:05:18 AM]
[Jan 22, 2012 2:45:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Let's be fair, any shoppe on Alkaid is a pirate page decoration.
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Jan 22, 2012 6:33:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Let's be fair, any shoppe on Alkaid is a pirate page decoration.

There's the possibility that cannonball and rum shops might have some value, since it looks like the Beauford <--> Sage route is going to be as close to a red route as this ocean gets. But that, honestly, is just speculation.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jan 22, 2012 6:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the8dude

What kind of research did you do into the Alkaid CB market? I heard a passing comment on a ship yesterday that your flag had bought up the market for the coming blockade. So it's quite a biased market at the moment. Does your research stretch further into the past than just this week/weekend?

Will you be selling the IMs or running them inner flag? If you are selling them, will you actually make sure they go into the right hands for management or just the guy who is willing to pay the most to get another shoppe?

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market?

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners?

Edit : I've also just been informed that some atlantis maps have been spawning nearby Alkaid which has also exhausted the market recently.

Good Question.
We have been watching Alkaid's market for quite some time. A large island should be able to provide at least 8k of each cannonball type, at any given time. Alkaid is unable to provide this supply, due to the high costs of production & lack of local Iron + Wood spawns. To aid the supply and production rates, we will be focusing on supplying raw commodities from nearby islands, at the lowest possible cost. Over time, shop & stall owners will be able to provide a larger supply of CB's to those in need of them. However, our interests are with the islands business. As a result, we will not be flooding the market with raw commodities to the point where producing CB's becomes unprofitable. We will be maintaining a market floor price, by controlling the frequency and amount of imported commodities, to the point where all CB's will be affordable, while still generating a net surplus of poe for shop and stall owners.

As for the shops, one IM will stay within the flag & the other will be sold to someone interested in actually producing and shipping in raw commodities.

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market? Yes, we have. We will not only be lowering taxes after maintaining the island for one week by 5%, but will be offering a 50% tax rebate on all shops, during the first week of the merger.

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners? Due to the high demand and minute supply, prices were raised. Yes, these prices will be lowered as the supply increases within the next few days.

If anyone has any questions regarding Alkaid, please feel free to send me a tell!
Zakilla
You've seen nothing yet.
[Jan 22, 2012 10:03:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Will the new shoppes be named 'Zakilla'?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Jan 22, 2012 10:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vonwerder

To attract a healthy cb market from various sources, have you considered setting up a partial refund on newly opened stalls to encourage others to join the Alkaid market? Yes, we have. We will not only be lowering taxes after maintaining the island for one week by 5%, but will be offering a 50% tax rebate on all shops, during the first week of the merger.

As I type this, your selling cbs from the palace at 20/45/58 these prices are extortionate if you are actually serious about wanting to help the healthy process of nearby expeditions and pillages (your words), so would you consider lowering them until the supply has increased from shoppe and stall owners? Due to the high demand and minute supply, prices were raised. Yes, these prices will be lowered as the supply increases within the next few days.

If anyone has any questions regarding Alkaid, please feel free to send me a tell!

This bit I find funny...

You say you want to make the Island a better place in a nutshell to sum up your horrible plan. Selling CBs at a higher price is only for profit. If you truly cared about reviving the island you would want to PROMOTE pillaging in the area, and keep in line with prices on Aimuari, not make a profit. I mean it shouldn't be to hard to know the prices there... you already own 2 IM's there.

I mean if you honestly don't get what I really mean about trying to revive an island and make the economy better you might wanna go take a look at EAC's plans when they held Sayer's Rock. Til than it just looks like you're in it for the PoE and Shoppes.

-Someone else can find you the link, I can't be bothered.
Vonwerder
SO of Inevitable
King of Devastation
[Jan 22, 2012 10:19:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

I mean if you honestly don't get what I really mean about trying to revive an island and make the economy better you might wanna go take a look at EAC's plans when they held Sayer's Rock. Til than it just looks like you're in it for the PoE and Shoppes.

-Someone else can find you the link, I can't be bothered.

This?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Jan 22, 2012 11:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

You're so good, Infra.

Zakilla, how long is quite some time? Did anything else turn up in your study of Alkaid's market? What makes you find it necessary that 2 IM shoppes need to be dropped instead of just one (or even none)? I don't see anything in the past ownership of Alkaid that makes me think it is needed. I mean, I haven't seen anyone complain about lack of stock at Alkaid.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 22, 2012 11:20:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RoketQueen

We have been watching Alkaid's market for quite some time.

My kettle has been boiling for quite some time. (3minutes)
My dog has been alive quite some time. (10years)

Sniped by Loathe, but I wanted to make Dwizzles' day.
Roketqueen
[Jan 22, 2012 11:27:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

My dog has been alive quite some time. (10years).

My flagpole has been hard for quite some time. (30seconds)

[Jan 22, 2012 11:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

My dog has been alive quite some time. (10years).

My flagpole has been hard for quite some time. (30seconds)

/stamina
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Jan 22, 2012 12:00:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Look, everyone with half a brain can see that the way to restore Alkaid is not by dropping shoppe's. However let's get real here, Zakilla isn't trying to restore Alkaid. He's trying to make us think he's restoring Alkaid and thus, seem like a governor that isn't trying to regain the money he spent taking the island.

It doesn't take a genius to see right through these plans as a way to make a quick buck and look like a good guy while doing it, and since that's what's up it doesn't really help to come here and comment on what plans would be better off. Instead, we're left with two choices. Either we can sit and watch Alkaid be subject for Zakilla's bankroll, or we can blockade the island. Anything else is a waste of time.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 22, 2012 12:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Look, everyone with half a brain can see that the way to restore Alkaid is not by dropping shoppe's. However let's get real here, Zakilla isn't trying to restore Alkaid. He's trying to make us think he's restoring Alkaid and thus, seem like a governor that isn't trying to regain the money he spent taking the island.

It doesn't take a genius to see right through these plans as a way to make a quick buck and look like a good guy while doing it, and since that's what's up it doesn't really help to come here and comment on what plans would be better off. Instead, we're left with two choices. Either we can sit and watch Alkaid be subject for Zakilla's bankroll, or we can blockade the island. Anything else is a waste of time.

On that note, anybody who drops on Alkaid will have my full support.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jan 22, 2012 4:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Missnoodle

On that note, anybody who drops on Alkaid will have my full support.

Angela
Missnoodle & RAGINGNOODLE on Emerald Ocean. jokes im banne
[Jan 22, 2012 5:30:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stosh1919

And on that note your still not sexy
Xpac
Captain of Cold Blooded
King of Bad Blood

[Jan 22, 2012 5:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
steamingham

So your basically going to pave Alkaid even more?
Capa on Emerald
[Jan 22, 2012 5:53:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

I'm not really sure you can comment on that, what with girls not really being into people with shit steins on their noses.
Disengaged.

[Jan 23, 2012 3:35:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stosh1919

I'm not really sure you can comment on that, what with girls not really being into people with shit steins on their noses.

I don't think girls like boys who can't spell stain.
Xpac
Captain of Cold Blooded
King of Bad Blood

[Jan 23, 2012 6:52:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RoketQueen

As for the shops, one IM will stay within the flag & the other will be sold to someone interested in actually producing and shipping in raw commodities.

]

If the market is in such a bad state, offer the refunds on stalls now, instead of the date of the merger, which is still unknown and do this instead of building the 2nd shoppe. It's clear from reading the rest of the thread, people don't want to see more shoppes built on Alkaid!

Also, you don't need to ship in raw commods to Alkaid anyway, the merchant bots have access to wood and iron spawns located on Isle of Keris and Beaufort. Alkaid currently has cheaper or the same buy prices for wood and iron than all larges on Hunter (with the exception of Armstrong, which spawns both.)

There's also a SY currently for sale on Armstrong, cheaper wood and iron to rebuild your fleet.
Roketqueen
[Jan 23, 2012 7:41:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Stay Schemin'

[Jan 23, 2012 8:05:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Oh no, a spelling mistake, quick, break out the dictionary!

I honestly don't care much about any of that tbh mate, or your attempts at provoking me during the week before the forum post. Get your head out of Zakilla's ass and do something worthwhile for a change, like run your flags island better.

Have fun.
Disengaged.

[Jan 23, 2012 12:04:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I honestly don't care much about any of that tbh mate, or your attempts at provoking me during the week before the forum post. Get your head out of Zakilla's ass and do something worthwhile for a change, like run your flags island better.

Have fun.

I see what you did there.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jan 23, 2012 12:45:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Have fun.

I see what you did there.

Mann, thought I could catch him out with the apostrophe before anyone else noticed. Couldn't help but notice he had trouble with them in the first post :P
Disengaged.

[Jan 23, 2012 12:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Webz3

I hate to rerail... or try to bring this one down but... Zakilla I understand your "trying" to work on the cannon ball market but...

Even tho it is another type of bazzar... I can't help but feel this shows the flags mind set. Don't open a stall up here but take a job at mine on aim! This is a bazzar with 0 stalls... so maybe you should get incentives here? Just a thought, and a giggle from me...

P.S. i have contacted zakilla about buying the second IM actually and have ben told someone else has a higher bid in then me... figured i would et you all know so i don't get flamed about it later if he decided to let everyone know, what a terrible person i am for wanting an IM shoppe up on alkaid.
Junkonomics says, "yo aus"
Junkonomics says, "why ye dont go against obama ... Ye scare me in opal thread politics right now xD"

Captain of, "Eye for an Eye"
Veritic on Ice
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Webz3 at Jan 23, 2012 2:24:58 PM]
[Jan 23, 2012 2:20:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
steamingham

Even tho it is another type of bazzar... I can't help but feel this shows the flags mind set. Don't open a stall up here but take a job at mine on aim! This is a bazzar with 0 stalls... so maybe you should get incentives here? Just a thought, and a giggle from me..

That ^
Capa on Emerald
[Jan 23, 2012 2:41:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

P.S. i have contacted zakilla about buying the second IM actually and have ben told someone else has a higher bid in then me... figured i would et you all know so i don't get flamed about it later if he decided to let everyone know, what a terrible person i am for wanting an IM shoppe up on alkaid.

Wow how dare you...
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Jan 23, 2012 10:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates