• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5801 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
blobbles

St Blob's Day 2009. Better than the last 3.

(Poster by the always awesometastic, and hawt, Orch)

Saint Peter
- Patron Saint of a whole load of fishy, bakey, other not so pleasant things like butchery.
Saint Andrew - Patron Saint of more fishy things.
Saint James Son of Zebedee(Best Magic Roundabout character btw) - Patron Saint of animaly things.
Saint Philip - Patron Saint of PASTRY CHEFS!!!!!!!!!!! Best Saint EVAR!
Saint Bartholomew - Patron Saint of dead animal skins. Somewhat Paraphrased.
Saint Thomas - Patron Saint of Overpaid Building Designers.
Saint Matthew - Patron Saint of .... Accounts. The boring Saint at Saintly parties.
Saint James (the crappier one) - Patron Saint of DRUGS!
Saint Jude (Not to be confused with Judas okie?) - Patron Saint of the Fuzz.
Saint Simon - Patron Saint of...boring stuff.
Saint Matthias
- Patron Saint of Alcoholism and Carpentry (sorta like a blob lite)
Saint Blob - Patron Saint of PINK. And Lub and Huggles and Sarcasm.

Naturally no Supper is complete without a pint or two of beer, maybe a good curry, but most of all what a good gathering needs is fun and games. And so, this St Blob's Day, Saturday 14th of February you are all invited to make this a shindig worth remembering. For the next 2000 years at least...but we'll settle for a fortnight at a push. Or a day if you drink as much as I do.

So come one, come all. Don your finest garments of Pink or rose, magenta or white and come celebrate alongside the most free wheelingest (totally made up that word) Saint around. Grab the booze (If you are old enough to drink in your own country *nods*) grab your friends and partake in merriment, fun, games and general drunken stupidity.

The Days Events Include:

-Many many tournaments.
-The Blockady Race Thingy. (Details to be announced later)
-Random rounds of Pink Trivia across the Ocean (Also details to be announced later)

Possibly more things to be added in the next few days when I sober up a little .

A small sample of the current Prize list.
-A Sleeping Tortoise.
-Three Ancient Busts
-An Uninscribed Pink Orchid (not the one with a card >.>)
-The Saintly Blobfish (Pink/White sloop)
-A Painted/Stocked Cutter (Pink/Red)
-A Piggy Pet!
-An almost Complete collection of Starfish Damn Atlantean and Indigo!
-Swords and Bludgeons and Mugs, Oh My!
-Mucho Furniture.
-A Myriad of Trinkets.
-Potions a Plenty.
-Over 250k in PoE.

And much much more.

The Blockady Racey Thing

This Event is brought to you by the Slow Kiddy Event Fund. Slow Kids, giving back to the Ocean.

This is a fairly straight forward event. A "team" must race from one side of a blockade board to the other, dodging both obstacles and evil bastard sloops which want to sink you. Big time. Points will be awarded for making lengths of the board and sinking other competitors and the evil bastard sloops. On the whole there are only a few rules, I want to see some carnage after all. As a point of reassurance, this is non sinking. So move your sloops on over to Carmine for next Saturday's fun.

6PM Game Time, Feb 14th - Carmine Island.

Rules and Points and Stuff:-

-A team comprises of whoever registers to join the event, and whoever they can con into helping them. Only one prize per team will be awarded, and that will be to the team captain.
-Aside from the fact that only 7 pirates can fit on a sloop, there is no limit to how many pirates are on your team. If you want to enter solo, or with a sloop full, it is entirely up to you.
-To register for this event, you may either send me a PM including your pirate name and the sloop(s) (up to three) you are using, or send me a /tell in game. You must have a sufficient rank within your crew to be able to participate)
-It is advised that all Team Captains are jobbed into the Slow Kids crew at least 15 minutes before the event starts. Only the Captain need be jobbed, for important announcements...and stuff.
-Each team will only be allowed to enter the board with three different sloops. And each sloop will only be allowed to enter the board once. So be bloody careful. Only one sloop per team is allowed on the board at a time
-For each successful length of the board a team makes, 10 points will be awarded. For each lap (two lengths) 25 points will be awarded. There will be an observer at each end to keep track.
-In order to qualify a length you must fire a shot into the safe zone. The shot must land in the safe zone, merely reaching the end of the board and firing is not enough.
- 10 Points will be awarded to the team that sinks any other competitor's ship. In the event that more than one team is involved in the sinking of another ship, the points will be split.
e.g. If two sloops between them fire shots to sink a sloop, each will receive 5 points. In the event of more than 2 sloops being involved, the points will be split with the number rounded up (so for 3, each team will take 4 points).
-If your team's sloop is sunk, any points you have accumulated up until that point will be halved.
-In the event of a tie, the winner will be the team who have completed the most lengths. If there is still I tie after this point, the winner will be determined by the big bowl of Jelly Beans.

Prizes

1st Place competitor has first choice of prizes from the prize list, 2nd place gets second choice and so on.

-Sleeping Tortoise
-Painted + Stocked (amounts of stock tbd) Cutter.
-Piggy Pet.
-Almost Complete Set of Starfish (lacking Atlantean and Indigo)
-Ancient bust.

More Prizes may be added depending on turnout.

If I deem there to be too few competitors for a decent event, I will let the evil bastards duke it out in a game of "tag" to determine who will choose the tournament settings to give all the cool items away.

Still recruiting bastards which want to ruin the chances of poor innocent pirates just wanting to win something cool.
----------------------------------------
Blobbles - Captain of Simulated Sobriety - King of Drunken Deadbeats.
Supreme Overlord of all things Alcoholic - Cobalt.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by blobbles at Feb 14, 2009 9:58:49 AM]
[Feb 4, 2009 6:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
orchidiana

Re: St Blob's Day 2009. Better than the last 3.

All hail St Blob!

I want first hug and a freakin beer k.

Cruelty says, "stupid pills make me sleepy"
Madgick says, "get some clever ones then"
Cruelty says, "got any?"
Madgick says, "no I took an overdose, im a feckin jeenyus"

Orch
[Feb 4, 2009 6:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kec93

St. Blob's Day....better known as 'the day after my birthday'.

This sounds like oodles of fun, Blobbles. ^_^

PS- Olms rule, kkthx.
Karpie on the Cobalt Ocean.
[Feb 4, 2009 6:42:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
martesb

St. Blob's Day....better known as 'the day after my birthday'.

This sounds like oodles of fun, Blobbles. ^_^

PS- Olms rule, kkthx.

Or the day that is my birthday. But you know what bubbles since i'm worth 3 times the poe you are i'll stop that and say HAPPY ST. BLOBS DAY on the 14th
Bloodydani
Bloodyviking & Marte
Featured in the best of Cobalt's crews
[Feb 4, 2009 10:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

In the spirit of St. Blobs day, I will be posting various other tournaments throughout the day. Settings of my choosing (so expect horribly evil settings), with various PoE, trinkets, and maybe even boat prizes.

So St. Blobs can add to his prize list various other goodies I too will be giving away.

Why you may ask, well I have a lot of (*&^ lying around taking up space and figure I might as well spread it around the vast ocean of ours.

So cheers and many many beers.

However, I will not succumb to wearing pink.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Feb 5, 2009 2:00:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

/e likewise will be active on this day...

Expect much humping if I am near. :D
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Feb 5, 2009 3:46:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Edited first post with details of the Blockadey Racey Thing.
[Feb 7, 2009 3:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

If there is still I tie after this point, the winner will be determined by the big bowl of Jelly Beans.

Wat?!

Eggsplain, pls...
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
[Feb 7, 2009 7:23:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Humour dear, humour. I do not foresee a tie situation going that far, but in the event it does, I will have a large bowl of jelly beans (which I am actually using to determine tourney settings this year. Edible goodness, YAY) sat on my desk. Whoever guesses closest to the actual number of jelly beans in the bowl will win the tie break.

Oooor, I could have them guess how many jello shots I had thus far consumed. Or how many cans are in my beer can pyramid. OH, maybe I could have them guess how many stuffed toys I have on my desk. Hint: It's in the double figures.
[Feb 8, 2009 3:03:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

lolz!
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Feb 8, 2009 4:56:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

And so two hours in, I feel up to sharing the horrors I had to endure at 7am, only moments after waking up.

I am sure there was more, and I had to do it all twice. On the plus side, my alt didn't idle out this year forcing me to start over. YAY.

My self and my CTS wish you all a very happy St Blob's day.
[Feb 14, 2009 1:53:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Oooor, I could have them guess how many jello shots I had thus far consumed. Or how many cans are in my beer can pyramid. OH, maybe I could have them guess how many stuffed toys I have on my desk. Hint: It's in the double figures.

Will these be used in the event that you finish consuming the jellybeans, then? >_>
Thalatta & others

[Feb 14, 2009 2:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Is it humanly possible to consume 1.5 kilos of Jelly Beans and not like...die or something?
[Feb 14, 2009 3:28:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Is it humanly possible to consume 1.5 kilos of Jelly Beans and not like...die or something?

Yes.
Thalatta & others

[Feb 14, 2009 4:05:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

lets find out ;)
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

[Feb 14, 2009 4:12:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Oh it's okay to take risks with my life is it?

Anyway, moving on...just a smidgen. Allow me to introduce you all to the Big Bowl of Jelly Beans

Seeing as it is St Blob's Day, and I have an obscene amount of crap Prizes to dump on people give away to lucky lucky people, we're gonna do something with this big bowl. I'm going to eat them, y'all are going to guess how many there are in the bowl in that picture.

Rules
-Each person is allowed one guess only
-Guesses must be submitted to me(Stblob) via /tells *before* 11:59pm Game time today (St Blob's Day(The 14th ¬_¬))
-If someone else has already guessed the same number as you, you will be asked for another.
-Whoever is closest to the actual number wins.
-In the event of a tie, the person who guessed their number first wins.
-Try to include the words Jelly Bean in your /tell as I will often be wandering off to stretch my legs. This will allow me to easily locate any missed guesses in my chat logs.

Prizes
First Place - Ancient Bust.
Second Place(In the event of a tie) - Pink/white Handkerchief.
All guesses within 5 either way of actual number - Random Starfish.
All guesses within 15 either way of actual number - Sand Dollar.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by blobbles at Feb 14, 2009 5:04:23 AM]
[Feb 14, 2009 4:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Updated post to actually say where and when the Blockadey Racey Thing is. I'm slow, leave me be.
[Feb 14, 2009 9:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kec93

Your jelly beans have caught someone's attention, Blobs...

Yay lololms!
Karpie on the Cobalt Ocean.
[Feb 14, 2009 12:47:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeaDogPete

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to Stblob for taking time out to organise all the days fun!!

The blockade event was a blast - 1 sloop, 2 bots, no gunner - eep!! Made creating carnage difficult for us - so we played safe :/ Thankyou for the starfishes - made one Scarpetta very happy who had recently started collecting them :)

Thanks again for the generosity throughout the day - and roll on St Blobs Day 2010!!!!
~ Seadogpete ~

Captain of Red Alert
King of Kismet

On several oceans..but mainly Cerulean
[Feb 14, 2009 7:18:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

While many have been thanking me throughout the day, I have a somewhat extensive list of thankyous to make.

First I'd like to thank Redcheek. Without her level of generosity this year, a great deal of the prizes wouldn't have been there.

Livngdedgirl who was totally awesome helping me hammer out the final details of the Blockadey Racey Thing. And then to go beyond that, she single handedly made me obsolete kept track of all of the scores during the event. Yes I kept an eye out too, but it so wasn't necessary. She also donated.

Forget for taking a sloop out to play with the competitors in the Blockadey Racey Thing.

Orch, for my awesome avatar and rescuing me from my crappy artwork that would have looked terrible. Instead I got that little bundle of awesome up there.

My Crew - Slow Children at Play - for putting up with me. And for donating so much to the cause.

Everyone that donated to the Slow Kid event fund last year, a nice portion of that went towards sponsoring the Blockadey Racey Thing.

And to everyone else that donated:
Hohumdiddly, Freak, Cheiron, Fireangel, Bloodworthy, Imported, Jgman, Ladyofspring, Zalon, Disgraceful, Hotguy, Saltyjane, Ivdripper, Keyallah, Ritchykid, Chocorose, Bluelemon, Decco....and several more that probably caught me when I was really drunk.

I'll be honest, I was slightly disappointed this year. After the first few tourneys, interest seemed to drop entirely, I had hardly any interest in the other events and I was missing my number one minion. But my faithful minions stood by me, and we trooped on and we kept spreading the word of St Blob, I reinvaded the front room of the inn ('Twas where Stblob grew up, 'twas right to return there.) I was tired, I was up from 11pm game time the night before transfering the 132 Sand dollars, hundred or so other trinkets, the hundred or so items of furniture, the dozens of mugs, swords and bludgeons...and the handful of clothes all over to my alt so I could transfer them all to Stblob (next year, donations to St Blob only.) And I did get some tarting about the tourney settings, as I do every year, so that is nothing new. And they were a damn sight less abusive this year. But for the last few hours, I must say everyone and everything was brilliant. I was lagging like hell but people were patient. Which I always appreciate.

The event blockade itself was what I was most worried about, for I have never competed in one, let alone organized one. And I was somewhat worried that I wouldn't get more than the two teams that had registered earlier, but well...people are awesome. But then I went from having many Evil Bastards and no Competitors, to having 5 Competitors and 1 Evil Bastard. Which freaked me out a little. Then when we entered the board there were a mass of non-competing sloops causing havoc it was brilliant.

It was also very close. In fact with only 2 and a half minutes to go, we had two sets of tied scores. There was "sinking" and there was racing, and it all went to plan, and I was happy the competitors were happy, everyone was happy. Except maybe Thal, because I kept trying to rally people to go after him >:D

All in all, I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully the 5th St Blob's Day will be the biggest yet ;) I may even still have some Jelly Beans by then. :/
[Feb 14, 2009 7:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
orchidiana

<3 for the holy blob.

Next year we try better with heresy kk?!

Cruelty says, "stupid pills make me sleepy"
Madgick says, "get some clever ones then"
Cruelty says, "got any?"
Madgick says, "no I took an overdose, im a feckin jeenyus"

Orch
[Feb 14, 2009 9:42:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltyjane5

All hail St. Blobs!

A personal thank you to Blobbles for hosting another day of St Blobs awesomeness! I thoroughly enjoyed the many tournaments; so much so, that I am currently sitting here with an ice pack on my arthritic hand from so much puzzling today! It was truly fantastic!

Next year can we not let Bloodworthy beat me to a bloody, begging for mercy, bruised & battered pulp? ^-^
Stupidhead said:
Why is it that I enjoy 2 monkeys hitting each other over the head so much?

Some people hang around with fat people to make themselves look skinnier...me?
I hang with the Slow Kids! You do the deducing. = )
[Feb 15, 2009 1:27:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

I'm already thinking up ideas for next year. I think the blockadey racey thing may make a return, I enjoyed it thoroughly as did the competitors. Perhaps a few more events to pad out the day. I know there were several Atlantis and CI runs going on yesterday which probably contributed to the low turn out for the tourneys('cept the last one *snickers*). So next year I will just have to make a bigger deterrent in the form of FUN.

Today however is a day of rest, and so I'll leave my fund raising until Monday. Rest for me, not for you lot. It's watermelon day, I think I may have to make more tourneys.

I wonder if I can save up enough for a fam next year. *toddles off thinking of evil fun*
[Feb 15, 2009 6:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

My Crew - Slow Children at Play - for putting up with me. And for donating so much to the cause.

I would like to note here that 300k was donated from auction funds received by the Slow Kids last year with a promise to give it all back to the ocean. Yes, we are SLOW. Very slow. Those funds have only been touched to give out in tourneys or events for the ocean. There are still more funds. Several events were planned, but due to real life health issues of myself and others have been tabled for the time being. Eventually, it will all be given out.

That being said, Bloobs, an amazing job as always. Seeing the "pink"ness around the ocean yesterday was sickening lovely. I know how much work Bloobs put into this and word around the inns is that it was much enjoyed.

One last thing... Who won the jelly bean count and how many were there?

IV(whose sig was banned...)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Feb 15, 2009 8:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

Ah yes, the Jelly bean count.

1.5kilos of Jelly Beans worked out at 961 Jelly Beans.

This means that with a guess of a somewhat predictable 969, Thalatta was in fact the closest and wins another Ancient bust (in addition to the one he won in the Blockadey Racey Thing.)
The next closest was Boarwolf with a guess of 1028. He wins a pink/white handkerchief,
After this came Pinks with a guess of 867, who wins a starfish and a sand dollar.

Somewhat surprisingly no one else actually guessed within 100 of the actual figure.
[Feb 15, 2009 11:24:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Seriously? o_O

Hehehehehe that's awesome. <3

Blobs, I had a blast - yes, I gave you crap, too, but I think you know it was 'cause I love you so. :P The only tournament I found unfun was the bo3 double elim classic drinking, and that was more because of the exasperation that the RNG had been causing all day than the settings...otherwise they were fun. (Plus, I had an excuse to bring out Sthump!)

I had an absolute blast in the blockade race. (I might've been disgruntled if I had sunk, but I didn't. ^_^) I was going to have to solo my sloop up until about half an hour before it started, but I managed to snag four wonderful and delightful people who know who they are. ;) I *love* sinking flag sitters (sneaking up to one move away and then firing four into them is one of the best feeling of evil pleasure on YPP ever) and the mix of racing and running is a lot of fun.

I highly recommend a repeat of the race event, preferably with OM support so as to get a higher turnout and thus more carnage!
Thalatta & others

[Feb 15, 2009 4:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Danikins

Forget for taking a sloop out to play with the competitors in the Blockadey Racey Thing.

Seriously, any time you want me to come be a barrelstopper, I'd be more than glad to assist.

I had a lot of fun. It was great hopping from room to room announcing that real men wear pink, and parading around in my fabulous outfit. I was wasted by the time the race started, so I did some fantastic whirlpool moves. All ending up with me facing where I started.

I never would have caught up to everyone in time to shoot if it wasn't for Cheiron and Crazyblonde. Their skills made my fun possible. ^_^

Seriously though, the best part was the tells I received from a certain desperate pirate begging me not to sink him...
Fun times.

Can't wait for next year.
Forget [Cobalt]
Livngdedgirl says, "i assume everything you say is sexual"
Avatar by me. PM if you want one.
[Feb 15, 2009 11:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    xsocialburnx    wickedspunket [Link]  Go to top 
Cheiron2

Seriously though, the best part was the tells I received from a certain desperate pirate begging me not to sink him...

Gee, I wonder who that could be... :P
Cheiron of the Cobalt
[Feb 17, 2009 1:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

roflz
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

[Feb 18, 2009 4:02:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sexidutch

All in all, I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully the 5th St Blob's Day will be the biggest yet ;) I may even still have some Jelly Beans by then. :/

Don't worry about jellybeans blobje if you are not able to get enough for next year I'm gonna send loads to you. That's a promise.

Sorry for the late reaction and thanking you for the amazing event you provided to us. I'm not a forum tart.
Also sorry for trading so much crap towards you, I'll try to find more pretty items for next year. I'm also gonna try to safe everything that is pink.

Yay for pinkyness <333
Disgraceful, one of cobalt nutties
Also found on Emerald nowadays :P
[Feb 18, 2009 12:19:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates