• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2291 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
moonmaiden79

Dear Stabby, (canceled...)

See post below for explaination... :(
I am starting my own advice column for Puzzle Pirates Weekly, but to write advice I need people to write in and ask for it!

The feature of my column will be in the Valentine's Day Edition, so if you've been seeking love advice now is the time! However any topic, (that is within the bounds of appropriateness,) will be welcome.

Your letter can be serious, it can be completely fabricated! However, I do ask that you respect that this is a contest, please do not turn this thread into a tart-fest battle ground. Thanks!

Deadline: Well since I will need time to mull over the letters and choose one to enter in the next edition, you will have 1 week to submit your letters. No more entries will be accepted after Feb 2nd, 11:59pm.

PRIZES: (Besides my advice to your letter in the Puzzle Pirates Weekly?! What more could you ask for?)

1st: 5K and a Purple Knobby Coral
2nd: 2.5K and a Blue Spiky Coral
3rd: 1K and a Sand Dollar

I may include some prizes for honorable mentions if I see fit.

You may enter by replying to this thread or you may PM me your letter. If you prefer to remain anonymous, I suggest a PM and a pseudonym like: Signed, Curious Pirate of Cobalt.

Other info:

Anyone from any ocean is welcome to participate, however, I will only be doing prizes on Cobalt.

Also, by entering this contest you consent to having your letter used in my column, (even if you do not place first.) As I stated before I would suggest a pseudonym over your pirate name if you are shy.

I may edit the contest info to include any important details I may have forgotten or to address any concerns that come up.

If you have questions about the contest you may post here or you may PM me.

----------------------------------------
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by moonmaiden79 at Jan 28, 2009 2:29:56 PM]
[Jan 26, 2009 7:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xessive

Re: Dear Stabby, (Writing Contest)

Dear Stabby,
I have... a problem. You see, I have this bubble, and it's a really nice bubble! It's all shiny and round and it keeps bad stuff away, but for some reason people want to pop it. Every day I'm assaulted with sticks, pins, swords, and all sorts of sharp objects ready to burst my bubble. They keep threatening me with hugs and kicks and licks and lots of disgusting stuff if they ever do get past my bubble, so it's kind of crucial that I keep my bubble intact.

What do I do to protect it?

Anonymously,
Bubble-Boy.

You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

[Jan 26, 2009 10:37:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mimipuzzle

Dear Stabby,
I have... a problem. You see, I have this bubble, and it's a really nice bubble! It's all shiny and round and it keeps bad stuff away, but for some reason people want to pop it. Every day I'm assaulted with sticks, pins, swords, and all sorts of sharp objects ready to burst my bubble. They keep threatening me with hugs and kicks and licks and lots of disgusting stuff if they ever do get past my bubble, so it's kind of crucial that I keep my bubble intact.

Anonymously,
Bubble-Boy.

(me bursts your bubble, erm, what bubble?)
[Jan 27, 2009 8:55:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Dear Stabby,
I have... a problem. You see, I have this bubble, and it's a really nice bubble! It's all shiny and round and it keeps bad stuff away, but for some reason people want to pop violet it. Every day I'm assaulted with sticks, pins, swords, and all sorts of sharp objects ready to burst my bubble. They keep threatening me with hugs and kicks and licks and lots of disgusting stuff if they ever do get past my bubble, so it's kind of crucial that I keep my bubble intact.

Anonymously,
Bubble-Boy.

Fixed.
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Jan 27, 2009 2:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Awww.... I guess that the decision is that someone else's letter writing in would make it 'not my own work.'

-- Other than the exceptions covered by the above, all entries should be created for this contest, and should be your own work.

Hmm... Should have read this more closely before I went ahead with my idea of writing an advice column.

I've started a contest for pirates desperately seeking advice, "Dear Stabby."

Apollo Wrote:

I'm afraid I think that if the letters are written by other people, you can't really claim the entry as all your own work.

Sorry mates... I thought this would be ok with consent of the author of the letter.
[Jan 28, 2009 2:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

You could always make up the letters yourself. ;)

/e blows bubbles in Rehio's hair and facehumps <3
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Roleni at Jan 29, 2009 1:59:50 PM]
[Jan 29, 2009 1:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

You could always make up the letters yourself. ;)

/e blows bubbles in Rehio's hair and facehumps <3

I actually tried to come up with something before I posted the contest... But now there are special bubbles and malicious prodding, how can I compete with that?
[Jan 29, 2009 3:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates