• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 46
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8687 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
MattMason84

Polly wants some labour! [Contest/Raffle - Win a Parrot! and some ships!]

Dexy's Midnight Rudders on Terra is proud to bring to you:

Prizes

Un-named Tan/Mint Parrot!
Stocked War Frig!
Stocked War Brig!
A whole bunch of sloops!

Dates

Start Date - 20th August 2008
End Date - 20th February 2009

Monthly Prizes awarded on the 20th of each month during this period.

So how do I win the parrot?

Every month, for the next 6 months, the pirate (character, not account) who provides the most labour at Dexy's Midnight Rudders on Terra will receive a shiny new sloop, and a ticket of entry for a prize draw to win the familiar. Winners will be posted in this thread and this post updated accordingly.

In the event of a tie in any particular month, we will issue duplicate prizes and therefore duplicate tickets. In the event of the same person winning more than one month, they will recieve a sloop and a ticket for each of the months they win. In any one month, at least 3 tickets will be issued, either to all tied in 1st place, or 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. So at least the top 3 labourers each month will be in with a chance for the familiar. The organisers of the event will endeavour to hand out the monthly prizes at the end of each month, and the final prizes will be available for collection immediately upon completion of the event.

The event will commence with Tuesday's labour, therefore the first labour report to be counted will be the one produced on Wednesday 20th August. With the final report for the first month's labour being taken on 20th September. The prize draw for the parrot will take place once 6 months of entries have been taken, in the week of 20th February 2009. Of course both advance labour and that produced by puzzling at the shoppe is counted towards your total. Each hour of labour is counted equally, no matter the level, i.e. 1 hour of expert is the same as 1 hour of skilled etc. You are not required to take a job at the shoppe although we strongly encourage you to do so!

The first name to be drawn will win the familiar, 2nd will win the War Frig and 3rd the War Brig. The random number generator software "the hat" will be used to determine the winners.

The owner's and managers of Dexy's Midnight Rudders as well as any associated alts are not eligible for entry in this competition.

So, this means you're getting 6 months of free labour?

Not at all, we have very attractive rates of pay, currently our wages are set at 25/35/50.

What if you have no orders?

We will be ensuring that there is always work to be done at the shoppe. We also will be accepting orders from the public at a reasonable price.

I've only just seen this thread and the event started a couple of months ago, have I missed my chance?

Nope. Because we award a raffle ticket for each individual month of labour reports, you can take a job and have just as much chance of winning that month as someone who has had a job at the shoppe for a long time.

If the event is a resounding success, we will continue to run these events every 6 months, so there's always next time!

The legal bit

Please note that this event, as with any lottery or raffle, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Please post any questions you have in this thread or PM me.

This event is being run by the Dexy's Midnight Rudders' management, Aethera, Ladypete and Pyralis.

Winner's Notice Board

Month 1 Incrediwalt, Quitex, Daisyhead
Month 2 Incrediwalt, Quitex, Momsfun
----------------------------------------
Pyralis, SO of Axis Analemma, Prince of Maniacal Menagerie.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Gaea at Oct 25, 2008 6:48:34 PM]
[Aug 16, 2008 1:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Re: Polly wants some labour! [Contest/Raffle - Win a Parrot! and some ships!]

Kudos on a unique and awesome way to get labour!
/me grumbles about having 4 shoppes and a stall.....

IV

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Aug 16, 2008 4:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

This has got to be one of the best ways to get labor, nice work thinking up a very innovative event!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 16, 2008 4:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
danny360

Great event, me first shot for a familiar WHERE I HAVE A CHANCE lol. I will try.

Seems like a lot of stuff to give away for some extra people, but, it seems amazing when ye're on the one who could win :)
Gymboy on Cerulean
Kingopuzzles starting up on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by danny360 at Aug 17, 2008 2:06:43 PM]
[Aug 17, 2008 1:19:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

software "the hat" will be used to determine the winners.

never hear about him XD

Would u mind send the link ( I would use it too for other stuff :P )
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Aug 17, 2008 4:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Oh, Yes, I am joining! :D
ps. I thought you were talking about "Polly" the pirate. >.>

Joining anyways :P
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Quitex at Aug 17, 2008 6:03:37 PM]
[Aug 17, 2008 4:05:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

software "the hat" will be used to determine the winners.

never hear about him XD

Would u mind send the link ( I would use it too for other stuff :P )

I PM'd you the web address.

For anyone else interested the software can be found here.
[Aug 18, 2008 4:06:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

thanks a lot mate =]
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Aug 18, 2008 8:14:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
whflood4

Grrr... and there goes my only reliable labor... me :)
----------------------
the hook is for the ladies

Cobalt: Walton, now of the Crimson Sabers

http://cobalt.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?itemid=12984363
[Aug 18, 2008 4:09:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tribewanted.com [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Grrr... and there goes my only reliable labor... me :)

Heh heh we're happy to have ye though :)
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Aug 19, 2008 6:40:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
danny360

One question, am I allowed to win twice? (Ex. August I come in first, and then in January I come in first.)

And, if I am allowed to win twice, can I win both one of the ships AND the familiar?

Thx :)

EDIT: Another question...I would ask this online but none of ye are ever on! lol, When it says I have used up me labor for the day, can I keep going and have it count towards winning?
Gymboy on Cerulean
Kingopuzzles starting up on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by danny360 at Aug 22, 2008 8:31:50 AM]
[Aug 20, 2008 4:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

In the event of a tie in any particular month, we will issue duplicate prizes and therefore duplicate tickets. In the event of the same person winning more than one month, they will recieve a sloop and a ticket for each of the months they win. In any one month, at least 3 tickets will be issued, either to all tied in 1st place, or 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. So at least the top 3 labourers each month will be in with a chance for the familiar. The organisers of the event will endeavour to hand out the monthly prizes at the end of each month, and the final prizes will be available for collection immediately upon completion of the event.

Yes u can =]
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Aug 20, 2008 5:34:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
BrotherDog

Qick question here. Do ye have to be one them subscribers to win?
[Aug 25, 2008 4:10:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Qick question here. Do ye have to be one them subscribers to win?

There are days when, as a non-subscriber, you are able to puzzle and provide labour at the shoppe. These hours will be counted towards the competition, but obviously you are at a disadvantage because you can only produce labour on specific days.

The free day for shipwrighting is currently Saturday.
[Aug 25, 2008 9:09:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kilanthos

EDIT: Another question...I would ask this online but none of ye are ever on! lol, When it says I have used up me labor for the day, can I keep going and have it count towards winning?

That's one of my questions, and another is :

If you do labour on both your main and your alt, and come say 1st and 2nd in the month can you and your alt win a ticket or is it one per account?

Of course the problem with 1 per account is that no one would know who is on which account.

Edit : Nevermind I reread the thing, shouldn't read posts and play at the same time. Also worked out the labour question for myself sorry.
Gemmie,
All Oceans,
[Edit 2 times, last edit by kilanthos at Aug 25, 2008 9:37:54 AM]
[Aug 25, 2008 9:23:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Sorry, missed this edit before, we're only able to keep track of labour used by the shop, so any "practice puzzles" you do will not be counted, sorry.

To clear up the alt thing for anyone else interested, we have no way of knowing who's an alt and who's not, so you can win 1st, 2nd and 3rd on alts if you want, although if your labour is divided between 3 characters you'll be less likely to win :)
[Aug 25, 2008 2:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kilanthos

although if your labour is divided between 3 characters you'll be less likely to win :)

Not really... depends how much of a life you have.

Edit - I would like to say I do have a life and shall not be sitting shipwrighting on all my alts. I reread the post and realised it sounded as if I was going to.
Gemmie,
All Oceans,
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kilanthos at Aug 25, 2008 3:18:04 PM]
[Aug 25, 2008 3:16:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

A warning that the next month of the contest will begin with Saturday's labour, so if you want to maximise your chances take a job now!!!

This month's winners will be posted a few days after the period is over (20th Sept.) so keep an eye on the thread for that info.

Also look out for tournaments advertising the next month of the event over the next few days.
[Sep 18, 2008 12:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I won this month yay ;P

[ almost :( ]
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Quitex at Sep 21, 2008 2:37:45 PM]
[Sep 20, 2008 12:11:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

I won this month yay ;P

Winner's Announced for 1st month!!!

This month's winner is Incrediwalt, who wins a stocked
sloop.

2 Further draw entries are awarded to Quitex and Daisyhead

In light of the circumstances, (how close this month's labour reports were) we have decided to award an extra sloop, to Quitex.

(Quitex, if you want an explanation as to how you came 2nd, please PM me or find me ingame)
[Sep 21, 2008 1:20:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I know. Stupid Carambolas.
:(

That is why you should always hit the practice button right away.

Still I won something XD
And I learnt how much I hate SW too. Or how much it hates me. :'/
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Quitex at Sep 21, 2008 2:37:20 PM]
[Sep 21, 2008 2:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whflood4

Woot!!! Incredi-sweet! I'll pm you and we can figure out a time to grab the sloopy :)
----------------------

[Sep 28, 2008 4:38:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tribewanted.com [Link]  Go to top 
chrismaas

Incrediwalt and Quitex: due to some work commitments, Pyralis will be in game less than usual this month, therefore I've got your sloops. You're welcome to PM me or find me in game (if I don't find you first!).
Ladypete

always blue
[Oct 3, 2008 2:03:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chrismaas

We'll have results for our latest month's most tenacious laborers in just a few days. Meanwhile, another month is beginning and now's the best time for new staff to get hired up and grab a chance to win a feathery familiar!

It's not too late to enter! =D
Ladypete

always blue
[Oct 20, 2008 3:28:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Winners for Sept/Oct

Another incredibly close month of labour hours, leaving us with our 3 winners:

Incrediwalt wins a sloop and a raffle entry!

Quitex wins a raffle entry!
Momsfun wins a raffle entry!

We've taken on some new staff who are producing a lot of hours and look set to compete with these guys next month. Remember everyone starts from the same point on the 20th, so anyone can win next month!
[Oct 20, 2008 12:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whflood4

Woot!! Thanks guys :)

Best... contest... ever. ;)
----------------------

[Oct 22, 2008 6:58:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tribewanted.com [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Oh wow, didn't expect to win a ticket this month! :D

Weee, thanks guys :)
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Oct 22, 2008 10:26:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Bumping this thing to remind everyone that the contest for this month is due in three days, and the next month competition starts right after it!

Wait, I am not running this thing.

But anyways, Go and get your alts into puzzling! :D
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Nov 16, 2008 10:10:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Winners for Oct/Nov

Incrediwalt wins a sloop and a raffle entry!

Quitex wins a raffle entry!
Hystereo wins a raffle entry!

As Ladypete is on more often than I am at the moment, she has the sloop, so Incrediwalt, please see her for your prize.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MattMason84 at Nov 22, 2008 12:03:19 PM]
[Nov 22, 2008 12:02:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
whflood4

Woot!
You guys got this month though - I totally spaced and missed labor for 2 days... oh well. Can't win them all I guess
But three isn't bad!
----------------------

[Dec 11, 2008 4:12:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tribewanted.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates