• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1938 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
sayus2884

New Shoppe Analytics Tool Reply to this Post

Hi. If you're someone who bought Iron and Wood for 10 and 24 each, respectively; pay your workers with 30 Basic Labor; and sell your Small Cannon Balls for 20 each. Then you've just lost 4 poe for every 10 pieces you produce.

Unfortunately, shoppe and stall owners engage in frequent price wars which set themselves to a path of closing down shop. And they don't even know that they are.

However, I'm working on a solution that can help you decide how you handle your stall by informing you how much you are gaining or losing with the pricing you have placed in each commodity.

The tool is a web application that's still in its alpha phase but it already works. If you own an Iron Monger stall, feel free to check it out. Click here to go to the site.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback about the tool, just reply to this post.

FAQs:
1 Does this application work?

Yes, the app works. However, it is still in it's alpha phase so the features may change.

2 What's the purpose of the app?

The application's entire purpose is to help shoppe and stall owners be aware if they are gaining or losing profit; and eliminate the price wars that is happening in-game.

I'm a shoppe owner myself, but when I realized that I was losing poe every time I produced in-shoppe and sold in the dock because of the price war, I decided to make this application.

3 Is this a scam to retrieve username and password from existing YPP accounts or other?

No, I prefer not to get banned from a game that has an interesting economy mechanics that almost replicates the real world.

4 Are you going to make money out of this app?

Yes, I would like to improve the application speed, storage capacity, and user experience. I plan to add subscription based pricing.

But if there are any regulations that OOO does not allow this kind of behavior, I wouldn't apply the subscription. Even if that were the case, I would still continue to develop the application to benefit all the shoppe and stall owners in-game.

5 Why use an email address as opposed to the username?

Email addresses are unique for everyone, same goes with usernames and are equally easy to remember. But if you were to try and reset your password, you need your email address to verify if it is you who owns the account. So it would make sense to use an email address instead.

However, if you are uncomfortable with using your email address, you may use a fake email. The reset password is still not yet developed. But you won't be able to reset your password once the feature is available.
----------------------------------------
Problem Solver and Web Application Developer
[Edit 6 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 2:45:18 PM]
[Nov 8, 2017 9:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

Re: New Shoppe Analytics Tool Reply to this Post

Good day!

I've added Emerald Ocean to the list.

Next Update:
- Shoppe Sales (Iron Monger) - list of all produced products with profit and revenue calculations.
- Tax for all commodities in obsidian and emerald oceans.
- Distillery shoppe.
[Nov 9, 2017 10:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Is there a particular reason why this app wants you to provide an email address and password?
[Nov 10, 2017 9:21:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Is there a particular reason why this app wants you to provide an email address and password?

To keep me from using it seemed a little odd.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
SO/Parlor/Labor/SMH badge 39 dubs
You can play free to try it
[Nov 10, 2017 9:23:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

I thought of making the app accountless. However, if you have multiple shoppes/stalls in different oceans and islands that you own and you want to keep a record of them, it would make sense to use an account so you can retrieve and save relevant information only related to said owned shoppes.

So, I needed a system where users are able to monitor multiple shoppes/stalls

But if you're asking why there is a need for an email as your username, it's because if you forgot your password the system can email you a reset password instructions. Which I haven't done yet since I'm focusing more on the next updates.

Though, there are a few shoppe tools that you guys may want to check out. You can check them out here. I used the one with the xcel back in '09. Feel free to use them if you like.

I just wanted to solve this economy problem that ypp has: price wars.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 1:32:18 AM]
[Nov 11, 2017 1:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The people who need to know they are selling at a loss won't ever use the tool. The people who know not to run at a loss don't need it, it is easy enough to calculate by hand. *shrug*

I'm interested in this kind of thing so I tried checking out the tool, but I won't be giving out any email addresses.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Nov 11, 2017 5:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Part of the problem is the fact that it is suspicious that you want an email and password, when you're "some guy" whose account basically hadn't posted until now, with nothing indicating which pirates you are, or any reason why we shouldn't be suspicious that this is just an attempt to get a bunch of people's default usernames and passwords.

Not that you are doing that, but it is foolish to not consider that you are or could.
[Nov 11, 2017 8:21:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

Part of the problem is the fact that it is suspicious that you want an email and password, when you're "some guy" whose account basically hadn't posted until now, with nothing indicating which pirates you are, or any reason why we shouldn't be suspicious that this is just an attempt to get a bunch of people's default usernames and passwords.

Not that you are doing that, but it is foolish to not consider that you are or could.

I see. The problem here is my credibility because you wouldn't risk using your own personal email address to an app made by someone with my profile. I understand and I won't blame you for thinking that way. It's normal for every software ever made by unpopular developers.

What you can do though, is using a non-existent email instead. But take note that you wouldn't be able to reset your password.

Also, if you're worried about your password being stolen, you don't have to worry. Upon sign up, your password would be hashed into something like this:

$1a$10$rDmcoyx.8l3cRuw4dc9UjugGU9Mc/N7TwQ8tJXadZr7F1FFqNLk3P

So even I wouldn't be able to know your password. That's why the app needs the email address so in case you forgot your password, the app can send an email with password reset instructions.

The people who need to know they are selling at a loss won't ever use the tool. The people who know not to run at a loss don't need it, it is easy enough to calculate by hand. *shrug*

I'm interested in this kind of thing so I tried checking out the tool, but I won't be giving out any email addresses.

That's why I want to show this tool here first before advertising it in-game to others to get suggestions from people like you.

In my opinion though, the people who doesn't know that they are selling at a loss just means that they don't have the right knowledge yet. But even if they've read how to calculate their gain and loss, I doubt that they would do the math with every single commodity/product in their shoppes. That's why tools are built.

As what I've suggested to Devonin, you can try a fake email address, but you wouldn't be able to reset your password when I add the reset password feature.

To give you guys a heads up though. I do plan on making this a freemium type of app. It would be great to turn this into a self-sustaining application.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 11:50:10 AM]
[Nov 11, 2017 10:58:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Also, if you're worried about your password being stolen, you don't have to worry. Upon sign up, your password would be hashed into something like this:

Now I trust you even less. You are apparently failing to do things needed for security that I learned from unix passwords in the late 70s.

That's why I want to show this tool here first before advertising it in-game to others to get suggestions from people like you.

To give you guys a heads up though. I do plan on making this a freemium type of app. It would be great to turn this into a self-sustaining application.

Wait, you plan on spamming the ocean on something you plan on making money off of?

Yeah, I now don't trust you at all.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Nov 11, 2017 11:34:03 AM]
[Nov 11, 2017 11:33:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

hmm all your feed back says no sign in and your solution is to use a fake sign in.... Problem Solver? I'd just save your time no one has given you any feed back other then to change sign in as no one is going to look at the tool if they need to sign in. Every thing about this screams BEWARE.
Filthyjake all oceans primary Cerulean
DUB FREE Ocean (Cerulean) Dub Scribe 42 dubs NO delivery FEES
SO/Parlor/Labor/SMH badge 39 dubs
You can play free to try it
[Nov 11, 2017 11:33:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

Now I trust you even less. You are apparently failing to do things needed for security that I learned from unix passwords in the late 70s.

Wait, you plan on spamming the ocean on something you plan on making money off of?

Yeah, I now don't trust you at all.

For starters, this is not the 70's. A lot can change in that past 4 decades with regards to managing security. I'm guessing that you're a developer, too, so maybe you can relate to the tools I'm using. I'm currently using Meteor.js with built-in account management features. Other tools/framework I use are:

React
Redux
Heroku
MongoDB

and a lot more.

What I'd like to emphasize though, is that the app is still in its alpha stage. So there are features that are subject to change and improvements. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

With regards to the ocean spamming problem that you mentioned. I'm actually planning in doing something like 3 shoppes per ocean for the free sign up. and unlimited shoppes in every ocean with the subscription. What do you think?

hmm all your feed back says no sign in and your solution is to use a fake sign in.... Problem Solver? I'd just save your time no one has given you any feed back other then to change sign in as no one is going to look at the tool if they need to sign in. Every thing about this screams BEWARE.

It's pretty much understandable. After all, I just recently deployed the app. Also, even if it's only a feedback regarding sign ins, it's actually really helpful because I know where I can improve on.

I don't mind skeptics of my work. In fact, I embrace them. And I shouldn't be telling you guys to take my word for it since it is your decision to use the app or not. Even, OOO says so.

What I can tell you though, is that I'm going to continue developing the app until I've solved the price war happening in the game. And yes, I intend to make money so I can sustain the application and continue to improve it with better services only bought by cash like better speed, storage capacity, and design.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 2:16:42 PM]
[Nov 11, 2017 12:14:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

For starters, this is not the 70's. A lot can change in that past 4 decades with regards to security.

Sure, many new things have been learned since the 70s, but most things that were critical then are still critical now. You bashing "old" security knowledge is like bashing "old" math knowledge. Yes, the knowledge of how to factor numbers has improved greatly in the last 2500 years, but Euclid could prove that 6=2*3 and that hasn't changed.

It is telling that you didn't even ask what problems you showed. That tells me that you aren't interested in fixing security problems.

As far as your code, meh. I looked at it, it doesn't function for me and it is 2.5M for a simple web page.
[Nov 11, 2017 12:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

For starters, this is not the 70's. A lot can change in that past 4 decades with regards to security.

Sure, many new things have been learned since the 70s, but most things that were critical then are still critical now. You bashing "old" security knowledge is like bashing "old" math knowledge. Yes, the knowledge of how to factor numbers has improved greatly in the last 2500 years, but Euclid could prove that 6=2*3 and that hasn't changed.

It is telling that you didn't even ask what problems you showed. That tells me that you aren't interested in fixing security problems.

As far as your code, meh. I looked at it, it doesn't function for me and it is 2.5M for a simple web page.

Well, as far as security goes for the app, I've used an existing solution developed by an existing company with their reputation on the line. So I think I covered that much at this stage of development.

And of course, it shouldn't work on you, otherwise, said companies that developed the tools would be in trouble for having other people to be able to easily copy the code made by the creators.

And a simple web page doesn't cost 2.5M. I'm pretty much sure they cover less than that, maybe around $300.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 12:42:10 PM]
[Nov 11, 2017 12:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Um...you think he meant 2.5 million dollars by saying 2.5M

Are you even actually a developer?
[Nov 11, 2017 12:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

Um...you think he meant 2.5 million dollars by saying 2.5M

Are you even actually a developer?

Yeah. I might just have read it wrong. What did he mean by 2.5M? I'm not versed in every term conceived by the computer science world. Does it have to do with the network speed when loading the source from the server? Because if it is, I'm actually using the "free" part from the services I'm using, so it's slower. Any ideas to improve it?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 1:23:44 PM]
[Nov 11, 2017 1:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Um...I'm pretty sure he's talking about the size of the code.
[Nov 11, 2017 1:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sayus2884

Oh. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry. I'm used to Mb not M.

And yes, I noticed the my code wasn't minified. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do it sometime this weekend. That should reduce the size of my code.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sayus2884 at Nov 11, 2017 1:29:29 PM]
[Nov 11, 2017 1:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    sayus2884 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates