• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3860 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Yanojr

2 in 1 tablet/laptop Reply to this Post

Does a windows 10 2 in 1 tablet/laptop able to play puzzle pirates?
[Feb 3, 2017 9:06:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
luki2000

Re: 2 in 1 tablet/laptop Reply to this Post

Yes, I can play on my Microsoft Surface. But with only touch controls you gonna have a bad time, as you cannot properly SF or use a rightclic etc. Also when using a small tablet with nowadays superb resolution your window gets super tiny. Scaling can help tough.
----------------------------------------
SuperLuki on Meridian, Emerald and Obsidian

[Feb 4, 2017 2:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yanojr

Awesome, i would post a link on what item it is but idk if thats allowed.... But basicly i just need something to play pp.. cant use my work laptop so i found a 2gb memory, 32gb storage, intel atom quad procesor, windows 10 for 80$... Which i mean is really nice for the price and would only be use for puzzle pirates and steam... My current Android lollipop 5.0 doesnt work, so when i saw it was a tablet/laptop i didnt want to buy it without askimg since java is a problem... Dont even know what makes it a 2 in 1. Is it because it has a keyboard and case? Which detaches? You sure it will play?
[Feb 4, 2017 6:54:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
asts6

Ahoy,

I also play on a Microsoft Surface. However be careful how ye play. After using my touch screen for a while in Shipwrightery and Blacksmithing, I got banned for botting (My finger pokes in blacksmithing were clearly not your usual mouse movement).

The ban was rightfully overturned when the OMs investigated but it may be worth emailing support first to let them know you are playing on a touchscreen.

OMs - can you confirm if any safeguards are being put in place for the new ocean? There will probably be a lot of potential new players playing on similar devices
Tokenboy on the Sage Ocean
[Feb 20, 2017 3:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Looseweed

Yes, I can play on my Microsoft Surface. But with only touch controls you gonna have a bad time, as you cannot properly SF or use a rightclic etc. Also when using a small tablet with nowadays superb resolution your window gets super tiny. Scaling can help tough.

Bump.

How do you get scaling to work with a surface book through Steam? I'm having a hell of a time figuring it out. The shortcut steam creates on your desktop doesn't point to the app, it points to a url, so the "comparability tab" isn't there. It's got me confuzzled. I thought I might like to dork off on the new pvp ocean while I'm at the gym on a treadmill.
[Sep 26, 2017 3:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Me, in Tech Issues wrote: 
I fixed it on my Surfacebook by navigating to the Steam YPP directory, and going inside the java_vm folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas\java_vm\bin)

Find javaw.exe in the list of files there, right click, Properties, Compatibility tab

There's an option "Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by: Application" - tick it and select System. OK and reload game.

Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 26, 2017 4:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates