• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45655 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
sandraabato

Re: Pirates with Disabilities Reply to this Post

I think this is a great idea . I have a disability, I have real bad seizures and when I one , It effects my memory so it would be nice to go to a place when I forget something from the game and ask questions to other pirates instead of always going to the OM. Every time I go to the OM , I feel like I'm getting on their nerves with petty questions
[May 9, 2014 10:26:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

/who me if you have questions and I will be happy to do my best in answering them for you. If I am not knowledgeable in an area I know some smart pirates of great help.

I play on cerulean.
----------------------------------------
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[May 9, 2014 3:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

... Maybe bookmark the YPPedia?
[May 9, 2014 3:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cattriona

If you are a pirate with a disability and are looking for help with something specific, post here. If you have any tips, same thing.

I realize this is not the type of disability folks are thinking of here, but it is an issue for me, so I'd like some input...

I have a medical condition that requires me to go AFK sometimes suddenly and at inconvenient times. I try not to do this when we're, say, pillaging other pirates and such, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I often return to harsh comments about being AFK and abandoning my duty station. It can be embarrassing to explain my needs and be met with, "shouldda done that before we sailed", etc.

Those of you who lead crews, how should I approach this? Should I /tell the leader of my potential disappearances when I set foot on board their ship? After it comes up? Not at all? Something else? I hate to bother folks when it may not happen, but I also hate being called irresponsible or other things when it does happen.

Thoughts?
Cattriona on Cerulean
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you were born, you cried and the world smiled. Live your life so that when you die, you can smile and the world will cry. -- Native American proverb
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cattriona at Jul 22, 2015 2:34:28 PM]
[Jul 5, 2015 4:47:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

As the executive officer of many SMHs, it's extremely frustrating when jobbers just disappear with no explanation. I totally get that stuff happens--or that some jobbers may have medical conditions--but it's rude to not discuss it with the XO ahead of time. What I would suggest is to send the XO a tell at the start of the trip, disclosing that you have a medical condition/disability that means you might have to AFK for short periods of time randomly throughout the trip. Let them know you'll send a tell right before you do so. You shouldn't have to say anything else. Depending on how manageable your disability is (eg. how long you're able to wait) the next step varies somewhat. If you have a couple minutes, send the XO a tell to let them know you need to afk and wait for a response. Preferably you should wait until the ship isn't in a bad spot to do it in. Sometimes the XO may ask you to wait a minute due to where the ship is currently. If it's something where you need to leave ASAP, send off a quick tell and don't wait for a response. Try to be back as quickly as you can. I'm very understanding when it comes to AFKs for any reason, as long as the jobber was polite enough to communicate with me about it instead of leaving without saying anything. While I can't guarantee everyone else will react the same, I can say that the majority will understand and would rather at least know what's going on.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Jul 5, 2015 6:52:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Selocon

As a (mentally) disabled player myself, I created a crew welcome to anyone with disabilities, physical or mental: Pirates of the New World (PotNW). While my private statement lays out particular promotion requirements, if I had a loyal player who, due to disability, couldn't do some puzzles, or something similar, I'd grant an exception, and promote them through the ranks, and teach them to the best of my ability.
[Nov 3, 2016 4:47:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates