• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13351 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

[Results!]Get to know your neighbor! Win a renamed sloop! (deadline Jan 3rd)

Results are in! Cobalt had a close race in votes, with the top winner being Freak! Freak wins the Cobalt Guardfish.

1. Never ever believe Ilya when he says he's quittin
2. Cerulean is a horrible name
3. It is not now, nor has it ever been clever, or made anyone sound cool, to refer to Cobalt as Coblat
4. (This aint a secret but who cares) Mermaid's Purse looks like part of the mermaid...but not her purse.

Runner-ups: Cem, Ivdripper and Misscee
Runner-ups will each receive a chroma in their choice of atlantean, indigo or sea green.

Hello fellow Cerulean pirates! I've got an event for you all that I hope to make this merge a great experience!

The Rundown:
-In this thread, post a fact/tidbit/insight about your ocean
-Make sure your in-game name is easy to tell
-Share info about the economy, ocean politics, social norms, etc. of your ocean!
-Deadline is January 3, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM (game time)

The Winners:
-Each pirate will get a chance to vote for their favorite facts after the entries are done.
-Top facts will each win prizes!
-A link for voting will be provided here when the entry deadline has passed.
-Vote for your favorite Midnight entry and Cobalt entry!

The Prizes:
-The Grand-prize winner will receive the "Cobalt Guardfish" sloop
-Runner-ups will receive some smaller prizes yet to be determined

----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stephensam at Jan 14, 2012 2:59:54 AM]
[Dec 20, 2011 7:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Re: Get to know your neighbor! Win a renamed sloop! (deadline Jan 3rd)

I'll start it off. And thanks for giving me some shipname ideas :)

-In the Cobalt area of the world, Dragon's Nest is the docktart & inn advertising island. Consider yourself invited and warned! :)
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Dec 21, 2011 7:18:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

Dragons nest inn was ruined after the OMs gave the keys to the island to some tarts who decided to upgrade it. I liked the old one :|
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Dec 21, 2011 5:34:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Wasn't some tarts, it was me. /e hands you a tissue.... and a bucket.
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Dec 21, 2011 6:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smexi4u

We have some great events from The Poe is Right to Static before the storms F Flotilia Fridays.

we have quite a few very good crews who run frequent Atlantis and flotilias.
Zadkiel on Obsidian,
SO of Polaris.

[Dec 22, 2011 6:37:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

Ahoy Midnighter's (soon to be fellow Cerulean's) I'm Steveb and my crew was created the day after Cobalt so is 1 OF if not THE oldest crew remaining on Cobalt (but probably won't be the oldest on Cerulean as Midnight was Created before Cobalt.) Thats the fact, Economy wise, if yer looking to open up a stall on the Cobalt side I'd recommend Prolix Purlieu or Kirin, Prolix has the cheapest opening costs and taxes but has so many stalls that everyone is trying to be cheapest so ye could end up making a loss, where as Kirin might have higher opening costs and taxes but it seems to be the place where everyone buys.
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[Dec 22, 2011 10:19:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dreilly

Nickbush is a list troll. Good luck getting #1s.

P.S. Bandits is a character. If you happen to run into him (let's say after a carousing match), try not to take him too seriously.
Cem/Cemikila
[Dec 22, 2011 1:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Wasn't some tarts, it was me. /e hands you a tissue tampon.... and a bucket.

fixed

Oh and my lil tidbit is that Cobalt has the most fun and ruthless tourney wars
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Dec 23, 2011 10:13:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

Cobalt has the most fun and ruthless tourney wars

ohrlly? I see hardly any tourneys, mostly the automated
Steveb Drunken Captain of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian)
[Dec 23, 2011 12:02:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Hello Midnighters I use to be one of you, Dragons Nest Inn was luckily improved by Cybrpyro!
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Dec 23, 2011 8:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

My tidbit comes from very early Coblat.

In the beginning, less than a month after Coblat opened, the Ringers decided to open the Big Three islands for blockade on the same weekend. The blockade was set up with the Ringers defending (with help from some Midnight navvers -- any MNers old enough to remember this?). It was agreed, since we had no shipyards yet, they would not use ships bigger than we had, would not put more ships on the board than we had, and aside from starting supplies would not magic up more.

During the blockade, Nenya, who later admitted that opening the three large islands at once was a mistake, attempted to correct that mistake by going against the initial agreement and blocking all three of the islands from being colonised. The result was the sinking of a lot of ships and well, it was not pretty. Much tarting was to be had, and many ships were returned to the attackers. To this day, those three isles remain in Ringer hands. Events were had where pirates owned them for a short time and were able to build some shops.

And, just an added tidbit about those flags:
Sun Dynasty - Pennsuedo Never took an island on Coblat and the flag disbanded shortly after the blockade fiasco.
Hydrophobia - Bibity (my flag) Took Olive island when it opened, and while not terribly active, the flag does still exist, making it if not the only, one of the oldest on the ocean.
Something Powerful - Sneako Took Kirin island when it opened.

IV

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Dec 24, 2011 7:44:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Cobalt has the most fun and ruthless tourney wars

ohrlly? I see hardly any tourneys, mostly the automated

You are right...my bad..Cobalt USED to...and probably will again (I'll try to catch you online)

Freak
[Dec 27, 2011 11:30:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

Hi New Friends!!!

I'm Cee. The resident Wine addict. I gun and distill. Sometimes carp. Don't ask me to do much else. I get crabby. Nice to meet you all!!!

My lil Cobalt Tidbits:

- Even though I claimed that I hated all the blockades Darlie threw in succession, I love that it changed the ocean's politics and alliance circles. They were so dead, and new friend circles were made.

- Our flag loves a good BK blockade! On Dragon's Nest, Static fought a 19 strength. On Kirin, a 17!

- Cybrpyro's favorite beer isn't Kirin, it's Sam Adams

- Xelliana is the only Cobalt pirate that has the Ultimate of Ultimates Trophy with all of the current puzzles. He's only missing #1 distill.

- (Which leads me to...) Stevensam/his alts held #1 distill for all of 2011 (and I hope that by posting this I jinx him and steal the spot!)

Cobalt has some fun recurring events:
- Yarr Talk's Effed-up Flotilla Fridays (Drinking Game)
- Mixed Nuts Monday Night Pillages
- The PoE is Right (do I get brownie points for that?)
- FFF used to run Sloopy Poopy
- Morbuzaan used to run a montly blockade, until someone made him choose one of Cybr's islands and he ran off to another ocean

- While some people still talk about how everything on Cobalt was better 5-6 years ago... I prefer to live in the present. I think it's pretty fun now (otherwise, why would I still be here?!?!). Small ocean with quality players who work together :) I'm glad that we're merging with Middy, and the rest have run off to Viridian.

Thanks for a cute even, Steven! Can't wait to meet all the Ceruleanites! Ceruleanese?
Misscee on Cobalt

[Dec 27, 2011 9:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

- Xelliana is the only Cobalt pirate that has the Ultimate of Ultimates Trophy with all of the current puzzles. He's only missing #1 distill.

I believe Thegame has the trophy as well.

Cobalt is a nice ocean filled with great people, there is basically one rule: Don't be stupid. You will be treated well if you're not stupid.
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Dec 27, 2011 10:54:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Ilya is correct but to be up to date he doesn't have Weaving, I got it though so one could argue it's fairly simple.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raider81 at Dec 28, 2011 12:56:13 PM]
[Dec 28, 2011 12:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lizardorb

Kittentamer, though quietly observing some times and tarting quite merrily at others, has observed the code for sea monster hunts if nothing else:

Once aboard, claim your favorite standard puzzle or request the rules for applying for gunner/dedicated defender.

*If* you qualify, or those running the ship know you had in the past *and* did a good job, ask to be on the list.

If you did not make it, don't complain too much about it or we will all cheer once you are planked.

Take your station, do it diligently, pay attention, and you'll be jobbed whenever you apply, asked to job whenever you don't, and sometimes gift subbed if that is the only reason you can't make it!

It comes down to respect for your fellow pirate, and most of all respect for those running the ship. I've been on some sinkers that sank only because they were new runners and didn't make full use of this, and guess what? We all thanked them for the run and politely asked if anyone got any cool injuries.

Oh, and if Hagrid is on ship, he tends to get the familiar on divy. He has to complete the Harry Potter character list somehow and the game seems to want to help.
~~Kittentamer on all oceans. Cerulean 99.4% memmed, starting on Emerald!~~
[Dec 29, 2011 9:37:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Nother interesting tidbit for you Midnighters:

Crip is always right.

Freak
[Dec 29, 2011 11:46:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

On Kirin, The bank is dedicated to all the pirates Cobalt has lost. It is called "Thinking of Brew," since the island has a Beer theme. Many memories and respect go along with that memorial building, and I hope you Midnighters pay a visit once the merge occurs.
Russian on Midnight.

[Dec 30, 2011 3:59:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

On Kirin, The bank is dedicated to all the pirates Cobalt has lost. It is called "Thinking of Brew," since the island has a Beer theme. Many memories and respect go along with that memorial building, and I hope you Midnighters pay a visit once the merge occurs.

Is that why you asked me hehe good on ya Ilya I like it.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[Dec 30, 2011 5:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Is that why you asked me hehe good on ya Ilya I like it.

Haha, I remember it being on Dendrite, I was there and couldn't find it so yeah.
Russian on Midnight.

[Dec 30, 2011 8:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Last day to get your facts in, don't miss out!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Jan 3, 2012 9:41:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Last day to get your facts in, don't miss out!

1. Never ever believe Ilya when he says he's quittin
3. It is not now, nor has it ever been clever, or made anyone sound cool, to refer to Cobalt as Coblat
4. (This aint a secret but who cares) Mermaid's Purse looks like part of the mermaid...but not her purse.

Freak
[Jan 3, 2012 10:23:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Steveyohoho

Like the Lime Dye novelty that is on midnight, Cobalt had this amusing incident as told by IVDripper that has caused Navy Dye to be purchasable at Olive and TLM (although the buy offer is gone at TLM, boo Mr. Governor):

The episode of navy dye placed by Hypnos to which I am referring is from when Foil owned Olive and made Hypnos governor. Hypnos thought it would be fun to put it in the palace for sale. There were 5 units and we scooped them up right away. I can't remember the price, it wasn't cheap. It was either later that day or the next day that the dye in the ship hold was replaced with the money we had payed for it. I guess Hyps thought it wasn't a good idea after all. And away went the 5 units of navy dye.

Source: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=84498&offset=50#1465024
Steveyohoho
Captain of the crew Flirts and Damsels
Prince of the flag Faded Legend
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
That guy wandering the Obsidian ocean
[Jan 3, 2012 12:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blobbles

And yet, you know if they released it as a colour, you'd include it in one of your many-coloured getups.
Blobbles - Captain of Simulated Sobriety - King of Drunken Deadbeats.
Supreme Overlord of all things Alcoholic - Cobalt.
[Jan 3, 2012 1:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MissCee

They should make the new interarch from Tadpole Isle to Mermaid's Purse
Misscee on Cobalt

[Jan 3, 2012 6:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

And yet, you know if they released it as a colour, you'd include it in one of your many-coloured getups.

Yeah.

But, no offense to SS, lime is a horrible color and so is PINK :D
But they still look good mixed in with a buncha other colors.

Just cuz I wear it doesn't mean I have to SAY it!

I'm rubber and you're glue.

My big brother can beat up your big brother!

Shut Up!!

Yeah ok, I got nothing

Freak
[Jan 4, 2012 3:25:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=OCOKFO_af67a54b

Voting is now up! Please read both threads and pick your favorites!

(Midnight link: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=177488)

Voting closes January 13th at 11:59:59PM
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Jan 4, 2012 1:12:35 PM]
[Jan 4, 2012 1:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Another truth about Cobalt.

Though making nice events, some cobaltians don't know that there is no point in buying all rum on the isles connecting the ocean and trying to sell it for 30.000.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jan 5, 2012 1:22:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Another truth about Cobalt.

Though making nice events, some cobaltians don't know that there is no point in buying all rum on the isles connecting the ocean and trying to sell it for 30.000.

Especially on an ocean where poe is meaningless, right?

Edit: Also, you need not use the word "Cobalt" in this post.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Jan 5, 2012 12:37:59 PM]
[Jan 5, 2012 12:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Damnit! Sniped!

I was going to say..

And the island Mermaids Purse looks awfully familiar..
Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[Jan 5, 2012 4:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates