• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
This topic has been viewed 1757 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
RedDog

Sold it! Then remove the message

This may apply to all messages on the forum, but the greatest number of dead threads are in this one so it is here it is most useful.

There is the facility to remove a message which appears when you click on the edit button. Judging from the amount of really old for sale messages most people don't yet know it is there. It is just a suggestion, but if you have an item for sale and you remove it when the item is sold it would help keep things tidy. If you still have something for sale months after the first post then kill the first one and repost the message.

Not getting at anyone, just trying to be helpful.

Edit: This has been discussed before but hey! it just ain't happening.

<Seasnake coils back up and goes to sleep in the corner>

Regards
Seasnake, Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
AKA RedDog Finest Pilot in three world wars.

Ask to join the Patrician's Flag or join one of our crews. You are either with us or against us and you don't want to be against us. Terry Pratchett fans are more welcome than most.
----------------------------------------
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Jan 16, 2004 11:32:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

Re: Sold it! Then remove the message

Of course, you could always Davy Jones it. A regular Davy Jonesing (mmm, Jonesing for food now) could at least keep this thread nice and tidy.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Jan 17, 2004 12:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Although you can only delete your own thread if nobody has responded to it. Only a forum admin can completely remove a 2+ post thread.

Alternatively, rename your thread [Sold] Delete Me, and I'm sure someone with th necessary powers will be along to clear it out.
[Jan 17, 2004 12:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedDog

Aye! There are about nineteen pages of posts with zero replies and most of them are here. I'm pretty sure the guy selling the Falchion in August 2003 has no need for it to be retained and it saves the admin a bit of work if we do some of it ourselves. It could do with a bit of a spring clean here but then it's still sort of winter. Thanks for the extended info Devonin.
Captain of the Flying Tigers, King of The Patrician's Flag
Fortunatly the seasnake rarely bites humans.

11 years and still flying the flag.
[Jan 17, 2004 9:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://seasnake.mysite.freeserve.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates