• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 71
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 46820 times and has 70 replies Next Thread
tipsay

Re: [Entry Thread] December Daily Doodles : Weekend of December 2nd : Fire up your ToastARR Reply to this Post

Tulmin, on Viridian

~Arr, heres my first Masterpiece ;)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/dogbait/Toast001.jpg
----------------------------------------
In the Carribean, the Hurricanes Reign!! ;)
[Dec 3, 2006 7:13:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: [Entry Thread] December Daily Doodles : Weekend of December 2nd : Fire up your ToastARR Reply to this Post

You're all quite quite mad. I'm so proud. :)
[Dec 3, 2006 8:32:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Nordenx

I don't know about the other guys but I've been slowly going crazy over the years; Y!PP just sped up the process.
Nordenx of Viridian

Mariner's Used
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nordenx at Dec 3, 2006 9:45:35 AM]
[Dec 3, 2006 9:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

Ta-da!
Made with tin foil and toaster.
Completely not photo-shopped and completely edible.
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Dec 3, 2006 9:46:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
Gweenie

Gweenie
Colbalt Ocean

Okays... say ye drop yer toast and then ye pick it up and see this.....

Ye know what that means?? Pineapples become yer good luck charm!

Side note: Scanning toast is hard!!
Gweenie of Cobalt

We Be Pirates!....Resistance Be Futile.....Ye Will Be Assimilated!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gweenie at Dec 3, 2006 11:37:31 AM]
[Dec 3, 2006 11:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shazwilky

Shazbot - Midnight.

Pre-toasting.
Toasted.

And now my children don't just think I'm slightly mad, they're certain of it. :S
Shazbot - Midnight
[Dec 3, 2006 11:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Pirate: Hawkings
Ocean: Viridian

I woke up this morning for my breakfast and had to rub my eyes when this popped up out of the toaster.

Skull and Crossbones Breakfast Toast
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Dec 3, 2006 11:52:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zolathezulus

---

I'm mad enough to go through 24 pieces of bread with different techniques and have my best product to be a big blob on some toast.
Here it is, anyway. It's supposed to be an octopus.

Boo.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by zolathezulus at Dec 3, 2006 1:40:28 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 1:39:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sandysp

Mollee of Cobalt
"Visions of Carpentry Danced on Her Bread"

Materials:
Bread and Honey

Process:
Burnt bread crumbs affixed to toast using honey as glue.

Thumbnail:

Link:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4162589
Grace Murray Hopper wrote: 
A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sandysp at Dec 3, 2006 1:53:30 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 1:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Libelle

Kolibri of Viridian

I saw a message in my toast. Through a picture, my toast gave unto me a vision of the future. It said, "Do not worry, young pirate. You will get a familiar when the time is right."

I didn't believe it, so I ate it.
Kolibri of Viridian
Libelle on Hunter & Sage

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Libelle at Dec 3, 2006 2:04:35 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 2:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zorkable [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Tilinka of Sage

St. Ignatious Roflcoptorus, Patron of Bilgers and Greenies. (You can tell by the two bilge shapes in the lower corners, honest.)

Tools:
A wood-burner that may never forgive me.
Rye bread because it tastes better.

Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Dec 3, 2006 2:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
dotte

Dotte on Midnight

Bnav God sez, "Toasted!"

The jam is supposed to be rocks, those are supposed to be peanut butter boats, and I tried to scrape away stuff to make it look like winds had pushed and trapped the one ship in there. Ignore the toothpicks in the corners, I don't have a digital camera, and I don't think my scanner would have liked that directly on the glass very much.

Thanks for the fun event. Toast for dinner!
do not taunt happy fun dotte
[Dec 3, 2006 5:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dotteOOO    dotteO0O [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

Ship in a toasted bottle.

Tools:

Toaster, aluminum foil, white bread

Peanutswench on Hunter
Peanutswench
------
[Dec 3, 2006 6:08:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

Since someone objected to my toast masterpiece, I went back to my kitchen, tortured some more Wonderbread, and discovered I had artist's block. If I had a week to leave it on the counter, it would even turn green.

Polly on Hunter
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Squashbuckle at Dec 3, 2006 8:28:26 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 6:09:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tipsay

My Toasted Masterpiece!

Polly on Hunter

isnt that identical to mine?
In the Carribean, the Hurricanes Reign!! ;)
[Dec 3, 2006 7:04:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
threewishes

no they're different :P now have some toast ^.^
-kickin' the snow off my boots
[Dec 3, 2006 7:15:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peanutswench

isnt that identical to mine?

Looking at the size and proportions, they're as much as every ship is identical to every other, or every skull is the same as another. If not there would be one single ship entered here or one single familiar.

And just so ye know... she didn't look at the thread until after she posted it and I asked her to keep it up because *I* thought it was neat-o. Which of course is the whole point of these in the first place... edible neat-o-ness. So let's get back to that shall we? Yarr.
Peanutswench
------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Peanutswench at Dec 3, 2006 8:33:10 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 7:23:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
questage

Here's my very poor attempt at rumble on toast :D

Psst, dont tell anyone but Im supposed to be asleep *shifty eyes*
Thats Applecore of Viridian to you Mister (n_n)
[Dec 3, 2006 7:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tj_bales

Shipwrightery toast - find the Vegas!

Solution here

ETA: I did, in fact, eat everything but the black pieces. Quite tasty!
Catocala - Silent Fools, Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tj_bales at Dec 3, 2006 8:17:56 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 8:12:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

Zandia of Sage

Hmmm. /me wonders how much poe I could get for this on seaBay.

Edit: Yelghhh! This toast now taste like bilge water! /me tosses the rest in the trash.
Teh Eighth
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zandia at Dec 3, 2006 9:21:23 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 9:17:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davidfan

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r17/geedunk_cobalt/Image001.jpg

Well there's my attempt at a Christmasish type of toast. This is completly edible without any photoshopping to get stuck in your teeth.

Can't do without this.. Geedunk of the Cobalt ocean.
Geedunk of the Cobalt ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by davidfan at Dec 3, 2006 9:29:30 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 9:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stlnmyhrt

Edit: Almost forgot...
Beu of Viridian

I made me some toast this evening. Thinking about what I think about most of the time. And what do I find in my toast......../me shouts Rummmmmmmble.

Beu
Captain of Artemithian Legions
Conquering Viridian one step at a time.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stlnmyhrt at Dec 3, 2006 9:38:11 PM]
[Dec 3, 2006 9:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kortniee

C'est moi, Angeletta on Midnight.

Just woke up from a nightmare about greenie pillages, popped some bread in the toaster... and whaddaya know? Even my breakfast is asking "can i gun?"

Angeletta on Midnight
[Dec 3, 2006 9:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fiddlesticks

Idol:Cobalt
Somehow, an octo crept into my toaster ^ _ ^.

Muffy's Princess
Idol on all oceans
Idol says, "That's why you love me"
Muffbeard says, "nope, I love you because there is no one else like you and I can't imagine not having you in my life =)"
[Dec 3, 2006 10:34:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeanaMO

Ceylon of Midnight

scanner broke, so I had to resort to camera phone. :P

Even my toast has the nav wheel burned into it. (well out of it really, but...)
Ceylon
SO of The Forsaken
Sultan's Sword - Midnight Ocean
[Dec 3, 2006 11:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Feylind, Midnight

Well, I had to throw out my plan to make a design by painting melted butter when I couldn't find a paintbrush anywhere. But for lunch today I made myself cheesy garlic bread and it hit me that melted cheese would be perfect for this. Now if only I owned a real digital camera so you could see it clearly...

Anyway, I present Cheddar the Octopus:

(If you are wondering, the octopus is melted cheddar cheese and the background is melted mozarella.)
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Dec 3, 2006 11:21:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

Jsweetie of Midnight

My breakfast tells me to do things. Who am I to argue with toast?? :P

The image was painted on before toasting using a cinnamon/egg paste.
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Dec 3, 2006 11:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Looks like the toaster's popped the lever, so it must mean that the time to submit entries is now over. Locking down the thread for now, Will unlock with results sometime after breakfast tomorrow. And now, I return you to your regularly scheduled Daily Doodle.
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Dec 4, 2006 12:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

You guys are the best thing since sliced bread. This is such a drool-worthy thread. Jammy monkeys, Cheesy octopi, cinnamon pirates, peanut butter & jelly battles, rye bread, multi-seed bread; plus edible bilge, carp, shipwrightery, nav, and that's just a pre-breakfast snack! Lots of very creative techniques in action, and I loved the backstories some of you chose to include. All of your toast made me so happy, and they all look delicious. It's very tough to choose, especially when I'm hungry.

A couple of slices jumped extra-high when popping up, and really caught my attention. There's something delightfully creepy about Otepoti's skull. I can't tell if it's the carefully angled teeth, or the presence of a nose. It must have been a sign of things to come, as the eerie looking Pollo Blanco sailed in shortly after its appearance, with Jerze at the helm. Thankfully, Polly's excellently shaded block was on-hand and ready to stuff in someone else's drop column, and Kolibri's cheery monkey chased any last ghostly thoughts away. For the makers of those 4 toasts, I'd gladly bid one fishing bobber ornament of either type, in your choice of colors (no black or gold please). You can find color tables here and here, please post here or PM me with your choices.

Not being much of a morning person, there was one particular piece that really caught my eye. I wish I could start my day with Crabby Toast. And I just happen to have a deed to a warm brown Toasted Crab. But I think it would have more fun (and run less of a risk of being eaten) with Pixieboot, so it's all yours, lass.

Again, great entries all around, I had such fun watching them pop up, and probably refreshed the thread more than anyone. I have faith that all of you can go out and become eBay millionaires now with your newfound skills. Thanks for humoring me in more than one way for this contest!
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Glaucus at Dec 4, 2006 10:48:20 PM]
[Dec 4, 2006 10:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Good job to all of ye! I tried some renditions, but I don't have a toaster oven and everything else I tried failed. I was happy to see such wonderful creations!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 4, 2006 11:03:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 71   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates