• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3479 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Carpentry Bake-Off! Saturday 24th January 2009 at 11am - win real life prize or familiar!

What: Old-Style All-On-A-Ship carpentry bake-off
Date: Saturday 24th January
Time: 11am game time (use /info to find out game time)
Who for: All the carpenters on Midnight!
Who by: Apollo / Sun

Here's how it will work.

• At 11am game time, I will put two event whisks up on the Noticeboard. These appear on the Events tab of the noticeboard at any colonized island.
  • Each event whisk goes to a bake-off ship. You may whisk to either. You do not need to be jobbed into the crew to take part.
  • These two ships will run parallel carpentry bake-offs. If fewer than 120 participants whisk onto the two ships, we will merge onto a single ship for the bake-off.
  • I will broadcast the event if participation is much lower than expected.
  • Each ship will have plenty of stations for the competition puzzle. Find a station as quickly as possible so that you are not hunting for one when we start. There are stations all over the ship, including throughout the main deck, down in the hold, and in the cabins.
  • Stay quiet and do not spam. Keep chat and greetings to tells.
  • I will keep the whisks up on the board for approximately 15 minutes, or until the ships are full, whichever is the earlier. Once the whisks have gone from the noticeboard, entrance to the event is closed. Be careful not to "fall off" the ship. Participants will not be jobbed into the crew to get them back on board.
  • Once the whisking time is over, or when the ships are full, (whichever is the earlier), I will start to give instructions for the bake-off.
  • From this point, spamming or unnecessary chatter will cause you to be planked.
  • Once I have run through the instructions, the bake-off will begin.
  • In these bake-offs, the contest will consist of a single 30-minute puzzling session. We will set sail, engage with another ship, and stay in sea battle for 30 minutes. We will then disengage and return to port.
  • Competitors must be on a carpentry station from the beginning of the puzzling period, and must stay on station throughout the contest, until we reach the island at the end. You may dismiss and re-take the station if you need to, but you may not stay off-station. This includes pirates who disconnect, who will get about one minute to return to station. In order to avoid confusion, anyone remaining off-station after a warning tell will be planked.
  • The duty report at the island (not the one at disengage) defines the winners.
  • For each bake-off ship, a real-life prize will be available as an option on the prize list, as well as a colored familiar, rare furniture and trinkets. There will be 12 prizes offered on each ship. Each of the top 12 finishers on the duty report chooses one prize from the list.
  • Prizewinners must stay on board. If you are not on board for prize distribution, you forfeit your prize, and the next best finisher is added to the list of prizewinners.
  • In-game prizes will be distributed immediately after the bake-off. Winners who select real-life prizes will need to send in a petition to me immediately after the event with a real name and mailing address for the item to be mailed to them.

Prizes
There are 12 prizes available on each ship, and each prizewinner gets one prize and winners will take their pick in order (first place chooses first, followed by second, etc). Note that this means you cannot win a familiar AND a real-life prize!

• Real life prize*
  • Light green / yellow parrot
  • Sleeping pig or piglet
  • Sleeping tortoise or turtle
  • Spear head rare furniture
  • Ancient pottery rare furniture
  • Yellow lily x 3
  • Purple rose x 3

* The real-life prize is a choice between a tote bag, a mousepad, a mug (various designs), a pack of Y!PP playing cards.

This prize list is per ship, so if the bake-off contestants are all on one ship, just one set of these prizes will be awarded.

Note: If I am running this bake-off on TWO ships, please be patient if there are delays as I give instructions, answer questions, or distribute prizes.
[Jan 16, 2009 2:27:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Re: Carpentry Bake-Off! Saturday 24th January 2009 at 11am - win real life prize or familiar!

Awesome!
----------------------------------------
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Jan 16, 2009 12:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vandaal

Re: Carpentry Bake-Off! Saturday 24th January 2009 at 11am - win real life prize or familiar!

Awesome.... Coloured familiar, here i come. Or maybe just the playing cards. Or a flower.
Kantar on midnight.
[Jan 19, 2009 2:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

I was looking over the "One month. 186 Familiars" event dates and noticed that "January 24: Team Race, 1st leg (details TBA)" is scheduled on the same day. I was just wondering if you knew whether these two events would conflict on times, since we don't know anything about the race yet. /me really hopes she dosen't have to pick one or the other. :D
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Jan 19, 2009 4:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
matt121493

As with most other races, I am assuming that there would be a large timespan with which to do it in so you should be fine.
~ Bubbaspike, SO and Damsel of Bu Shi Do, Midnight ~
~Prince of Death Before Dishonor~

Life is a Box of Chocolates! All Oceans! Win a pig!
[Jan 19, 2009 4:24:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jsweetie24

I haven't ever seen a team race spread out over 4 days and we just had a race that could be completed anywhere in a 24 hour span, so I was assuming that this one would be different. I could be wrong, that's why I'm asking. :P
Jsweetie of Midnight Cerulean

[Jan 19, 2009 7:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

What: Old-Style All-On-A-Ship carpentry bake-off

• We will set sail, engage with another ship, and stay in sea battle for 30 minutes. We will then disengage and return to port.

• Or be engaged by another ship. :P

/e whistles and goes off to play

What I didn't say anything would happen this time.
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny
    Blockade madman
    [Jan 21, 2009 10:02:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    funnydude14

oh i remember harrjm you attacked the bake-off ship?
    [Jan 22, 2009 2:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    harrjm

I would never to something like that....again
    There was too much whining the first time....by the OMs
    So I'll just sit on shore this time....and prepare my blockades instead
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny
    Blockade madman
    [Jan 23, 2009 9:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Debbi9

Thanks for the fun event! I had lotsa fun!
    Amberre of Cobalt

Me Carpenting

Crip says, "but i wouldnt mind her as a gf i would just use the words"
    Crip says, "sthu woman."
    [Jan 24, 2009 12:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Donsmythe - parrot
    Biance - pig
    Ege - tortoise
    Achelois - real-life
    Bigwood - ancient pottery
    Forevever - rose
    Tzz - rose
    Fomo - spearhead
    Nuemenor - rose
    Georgethecat - lily
    Budclare - lily
    Orchidee - lily

Vikia - parrot
    Pipeline - rose
    Kantar - real-life
    Monandoeg - tortoise
    Teucer - piglet
    Devill - spearhead
    Dre - rose
    Tangvit - ancient pottery
    Hatchetback - lily
    Octosandy - rose
    Kingpriam - lily
    Nubchow - lily

Congratulations, everyone!
    [Jan 24, 2009 12:34:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    harrjm

What about Bob? :P Congrats all
    I don't know how many tells I got asking me why I'm not attacking the bake-off. Even a couple jokes from Sun. :D
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny
    Blockade madman
    [Jan 24, 2009 1:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates