• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3801 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Feylind

Winter Wonder-Land (Winners Posted)

"I wonder where THAT is."

Winter blows his cold breath across the archipeligos. Snow and ice transform the islands into scenes of beauty and wonder.

So put on your coats and mittens and go exploring. Try and find some of the same beautiful spots I saw on my own wanderings.

How it Works:
1. On Dec. 30, I will post 30 small screenshots of spots around Midnight Ocean.
2. The first 15 are worth 1 point each; the second 15 (which are smaller) are worth 2 points each.
3. Search the islands to identify each location.
4. Send a Private Message (PM) to me (Feylind) with your answer list. Be sure to include your pirate name in the PM.
5. You may submit more than one PM, but only your last one will count. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who spams my in-box.
6. Prize winners will be chosen based on number of points earned by the event deadline. In case of ties, prize placement will be chosen randomly.

The Screenshots:

1 Point Locations - island name is sufficient to identify these.

*** It has been brought to my attention that someone cleaned up the pile of rubble in the bottom corner of #5. So be aware that identifying that location may be extra-tricky. ***

2 Point Locations - provide a brief description of the location. Be as accurate as you can.

The Deadline:
Deadline for PM's is 11:59:59pm on Saturday, Jan. 3. Entries recieved after that time will not be counted.

The Prizes:

1st: Scarab furniture ('cause it's the nicest thing I have to give away atm)
2nd: Holiday-colored trinkets (white conch shell, green starfish, red coral, candy cane)
3rd: Sloop - Elegant Flounder (Is it possible to flounder elegantly?)
4th: Snow Wolf (yes, one of the actual white dogs Bia magicked up)
5th: Potbelly stove (to warm up after your arctic adventure)
6th: Red tropical plant ('tis the season)
7th: Fruitcake! (it's a couple years old but they just get better with age, right?)
8th: Silver Bell trinket ('cause they are pretty!)
9th: Lantern trinket (to assist in your next search)
10th: 5 whisking potions (to replace what you likely used searching)

Depending on the number of entries recieved, I may add more prizes at my discretion.

Disclaimer:
I have no control over the weather. The snow should last at least through New Years. But when it will melt after that, I can't say. So you might want to do your searching sooner rather than later.
----------------------------------------
Feylind

Midnight Ocean Event Addict
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Feylind at Jan 4, 2009 5:05:43 PM]
[Dec 29, 2008 10:18:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Re: Winter Wonder-Land (Starts Dec. 30)

This is a really great idea! Very, very nice work, Fey! I may just have to make an ocean transition.. so many shiny happening-ons over on these blue oceans. Bravo, madam. Bravo.
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Dec 29, 2008 10:39:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

YAY I love every variation of this thats been done over the years. <<<<<<333333

Quick question to clarify. How specific do you want. I know the island is one major thing, but do you want more like for example

Southeast corner of Mordrid's Honorary Pub by the dock on Namath.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Dec 29, 2008 1:29:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

YAY I love every variation of this thats been done over the years. <<<<<<333333

Quick question to clarify. How specific do you want. I know the island is one major thing, but do you want more like for example

Southeast corner of Mordrid's Honorary Pub by the dock on Namath.

I was gonna post details on that along with the screenies tomorrow, but I don't mind giving you a preview.

For the 1 pt pictures, island name is sufficient. For the 2 pt pictures, describe the location as accurately as you can with just a few words.
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Dec 29, 2008 2:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

YAY thanks fey. I'll prolly be doing this at work as much as I can by memory of the ocean, then those i'm totally unsure of will have to sneak on and hope the computer doesnt crash there.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Dec 29, 2008 4:33:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

Woot! I was just telling my flaggies I was craving another scavenger hunt type event! I look forward to it.
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Dec 29, 2008 5:20:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Feylind

Screenshots posted! Check the first post!
Feylind

[Dec 30, 2008 8:02:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Screenshots posted! Check the first post!

LoL... I've been waiting for hours and they were posted just when I was about to sleep... (As if somebody cares...)

Anyway, to be sure, I would like to ask, would judging be affected in anyway by how fast someone submitted? (Though I'd still be sleeping now anyway...)
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Dec 30, 2008 8:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Anyway, to be sure, I would like to ask, would judging be affected in anyway by how fast someone submitted? (Though I'd still be sleeping now anyway...)

Nope! Too many people have family or other obligations over the holidays that limit when they could participate, so I didn't want to make this a timed event. Just submit your best answers by the deadline on Saturday.
Feylind

[Dec 30, 2008 8:37:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Feylind

*** It has been brought to my attention that someone cleaned up the pile of rubble in the bottom corner of #5 of the 1 Point Screenshots. So be aware that identifying that location may be extra-tricky. ***
Feylind

[Dec 30, 2008 11:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Nope! Too many people have family or other obligations over the holidays that limit when they could participate, so I didn't want to make this a timed event. Just submit your best answers by the deadline on Saturday.

Aye...

And another question... Given the deadline to be days away, are we allowed to submit more than one PM? For instance resubmitting with better answers (or correcting some mistaken answers)...

And, if you don't mind, what's the difference between your two forum accounts? ;P
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[Dec 30, 2008 6:24:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

And another question... Given the deadline to be days away, are we allowed to submit more than one PM? For instance resubmitting with better answers (or correcting some mistaken answers)...

And, if you don't mind, what's the difference between your two forum accounts? ;P

From the rules:
5. You may submit more than one PM, but only your last one will count. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who spams my in-box.

The Feylind account is one I use only for events with PM entries. That way I can keep all the entries together without worrying about my PM box overflowing. Blackbeth is my main account, so I tend to post from here except for the main event post.
Feylind

[Dec 30, 2008 6:53:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Oh, thanks, I must have overlooked it...

...soli Deo gloria...
[Dec 30, 2008 7:37:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Reminder! Today is the deadline for submitting your entries.

So far, I have fewer entries than prizes, so everyone who plays wins something :-)
Feylind

[Jan 3, 2009 7:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

i had every intention of doing this but have been too sick to do so. Looks like it was fun. Fey, you've gotta tell us the answers to these
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jan 3, 2009 10:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Feylind

i had every intention of doing this but have been too sick to do so. Looks like it was fun. Fey, you've gotta tell us the answers to these

Sorry to hear that; hope you feel better soon!

In other news, contest closed.. I will try to post the winners and answers tonight or tomorrow.
Feylind

[Jan 4, 2009 8:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Feylind

Re: Winter Wonder-Land (In Judging)

Winners
1st: Sarahsparrow (Scarab furniture)
2nd (tie): Alvan (Holiday-colored trinkets)
2nd (tie): Lj (Sloop)
4th: Ironguts (Snow Wolf)
5th: Magogin (Potbelly stove)
6th: Fizz(Red tropical plant)
7th: Bubbaspike (Fruitcake)
8th: Castawayjoe (Silver Bell trinket)
9th: Allitara (Lantern trinket)

Watch for me, and I will watch for you to distribute prizes!

The Answers
1 point:
1 Flow
2 Emperor
3 Lynx
4 Horseshoe
5 Xi
6 Ostreum
7 Nu
8 Islay
9 Remora
10 Delta
11 Tinga
12 Winter Solstice
13 Lagniappe
14 Orca
15 Oyster

2 point:
1 Chapparal
2 Meke
3 Endless Hue on Beta (or other left-facing apothecary)
4 Olivia
5 Eclipse
6 Turongo
7 Lobby of Alpha Manor (or any right-facing manor)
8 Jorvik
9 Cleo's Pearls
10 Epsilon
11 Cursed Isle
12 Norse
13 Longship
14 O'Reilly
15 Vernal
Feylind

[Jan 4, 2009 5:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Looks like people were too occupied by the season...

I would like to ask something... With only 9 who participated, in case a new player submits before the deadline a list that contains "1. Emperor Island" and nothing more, that would make him/her the 10th placer, right?

...soli Deo gloria...
[Jan 4, 2009 5:51:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Looks like people were too occupied by the season...

I would like to ask something... With only 9 who participated, in case a new player submits before the deadline a list that contains "1. Emperor Island" and nothing more, that would make him/her the 10th placer, right?

I am curious about this time-traveling acquaintance of yours.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Jan 4, 2009 5:59:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ironguts

I just want to say again how thankful I am for this event. I had a blast exploring the islands all over again.

Thank you Feylind for hosting this event!
Ironguts
Cerulean - Plunder Inc.
Something of Boochin' Katfish
[Jan 4, 2009 6:17:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.boochinkatfish.net [Link]  Go to top 
matt121493

Was quite fun and I am sure that almost all of us used up more than five whisks.

Edit: Out of curiousity, could you post the scores to see how we compared to eachother?
~ Bubbaspike, SO and Damsel of Bu Shi Do, Midnight ~
~Prince of Death Before Dishonor~

Life is a Box of Chocolates! All Oceans! Win a pig!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by matt121493 at Jan 4, 2009 6:40:52 PM]
[Jan 4, 2009 6:39:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

o0o! Let me just say again how much fun I had searching for these screenies! I love these events of yours! Thank ye again for such an awesome time (and prize)!
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Jan 4, 2009 10:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates