• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2173 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

Bilging Bake-Off! Saturday 20 December 2008 at 9am - win real life prize or familiar!

What: Old-Style All-On-A-Ship bilging bake-off
Date: Saturday 20th December
Time: 9am game time (use /info to find out game time)
Who for: All the bilgers on Midnight!
Who by: Apollo / Sun

Here's how it will work.

• At 9am game time, I will put two event whisks up on the Noticeboard. These appear on the Events tab of the noticeboard at any colonized island.
  • Each event whisk goes to a bake-off ship. You may whisk to either. You do not need to be jobbed into the crew to take part.
  • These two ships will run parallel bilging bake-offs. If fewer than 155 participants whisk onto the two ships, we will merge onto a single ship for the bake-off.
  • I will not broadcast the event unless participation is much lower than expected.
  • Each ship will have plenty of stations for the competition puzzle. Find a station as quickly as possible so that you are not hunting for one when we start. There are stations all over the ship, including throughout the main deck, down in the hold, and in the cabins.
  • Stay quiet and do not spam. Keep chat and greetings to tells.
  • I will keep the whisks up on the board for approximately 15 minutes, or until the ships are full, whichever is the earlier. Once the whisks have gone from the noticeboard, entrance to the event is closed. Be careful not to "fall off" the ship. Participants will not be jobbed into the crew to get them back on board.
  • Once the whisking time is over, or when the ships are full, (whichever is the earlier), I will start to give instructions for the bake-off.
  • From this point, spamming or unnecessary chatter will cause you to be planked.
  • Once I have run through the instructions, the bake-off will begin.
  • In these bake-offs, the contest will consist of a single 30-minute puzzling session. We will set sail, engage with another ship, and stay in sea battle for 30 minutes. We will then disengage and return to port.
  • Competitors must be on a bilging station from the beginning of the puzzling period, and must stay on station throughout the contest, until we reach the island at the end. You may dismiss and re-take the station if you need to, but you may not stay off-station. This includes pirates who disconnect, who will get about one minute to return to station. In order to avoid confusion, anyone remaining off-station after a warning tell will be planked.
  • The duty report at the island (not the one at disengage) defines the winners.
  • For each bake-off ship, a real-life prize will be available as an option on the prize list, as well as a colored familiar, rare furniture and trinkets. There will be 12 prizes offered on each ship. Each of the top 12 finishers on the duty report chooses one prize from the list.
  • Prizewinners must stay on board. If you are not on board for prize distribution, you forfeit your prize, and the next best finisher is added to the list of prizewinners.
  • In-game prizes will be distributed immediately after the bake-off. Winners who select real-life prizes will need to petition or PM me immediately after the event with a real name and mailing address for the item to be mailed to them.

Prizes
There are 12 prizes available on each ship, and each prizewinner gets one prize and winners will take their pick in order (first place chooses first, followed by second, etc). Note that this means you cannot win a familiar AND a real-life prize!

• Real life prize*
  • Mint/grey parrot
  • Sleeping pig or piglet
  • Sleeping tortoise or turtle
  • Scarab rare furniture
  • Stone figurine rare furniture
  • Mint lily x 3
  • Gold orchid x 3

* The real-life prize is a choice between a tote bag, a mousepad, a mug (various designs), a pack of Y!PP playing cards.

This prize list is per ship, so if the bake-off contestants are all on one ship, just one set of these prizes will be awarded.

Note: If I am running this bake-off on TWO ships, please be patient if there are delays as I give instructions, answer questions, or distribute prizes.
[Dec 17, 2008 2:39:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: Bilging Bake-Off! Saturday 20 December 2008 at 9am - win real life prize or familiar!

# Real life prize (playing cards) - Delthafunkee and Achelois
# Mint/grey parrot - Abyzaran and Orchidee
# Sleeping pig or piglet - Nine and Yayak
# Sleeping tortoise or turtle - Veerle and Bisquick
# Scarab rare furniture - Tzz and Hatchetback
# Stone figurine rare furniture - Budclare and Needpoe
# Mint lily - Geologist, Darkhelmut, Voidrix, Bootlicker, Munkiwunki, Virvatuli
# Gold orchid - Obscuria, Prof, Jov, Foreverchaos, Krul, Barabajagal
[Dec 20, 2008 10:55:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

Re: Bilging Bake-Off! Saturday 20 December 2008 at 9am - win real life prize or familiar!

# Real life prize (playing cards) - Delthafunkee and Achelois
# Mint/grey parrot - Abyzaran and Orchidee
# Sleeping pig or piglet - Nine and Yayak
# Sleeping tortoise or turtle - Veerle and Bisquick
# Scarab rare furniture - Tzz and Hatchetback
# Stone figurine rare furniture - Budclare and Needpoe
# Mint lily - Geologist, Darkhelmut, Voidrix, Bootlicker, Munkiwunki, Virvatuli
# Gold orchid - Obscuria, Prof, Jov, Foreverchaos, Krul, Barabajagal

Congratulations all the other winners, especially Aby + orch
----------------------------------------
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Dec 20, 2008 12:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates