• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 112
Posts: 112   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18026 times and has 111 replies Next Thread
CapnKkatz

Re: Portrait Background - Puzzles and Booches Reply to this Post

@Robyand - I like your suggestion about making the sky/clouds stormy, I just don't think I have time to do so before the deadline.

@others - I've made a black version. Lol, at this point, I think I'll just throw them all out there and leave it up to the Arrrtists. Maybe they won't like any of them, who knows?
Other than color, any other suggestions, just in case I find time to tweak some more?

----------------------------------------
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Apr 14, 2014 10:08:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

@Robyand - I like your suggestion about making the sky/clouds stormy, I just don't think I have time to do so before the deadline.

@others - I've made a black version. Lol, at this point, I think I'll just throw them all out there and leave it up to the Arrrtists. Maybe they won't like any of them, who knows?
Other than color, any other suggestions, just in case I find time to tweak some more?

I love it hun, I like the black one best, because it's neutral. Good luck!
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Apr 14, 2014 10:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

How do you all make your lines so smooth and flowing? Mine are always messy.
(I'm using a mouse and paint.net)
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Apr 14, 2014 11:08:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GoreJackFan

Love the background greylady. You have nailed my bnaving to a tee.
Gorev - Emerald
[Apr 14, 2014 11:39:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MechanicGurl04 [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

How do you all make your lines so smooth and flowing? Mine are always messy.
(I'm using a mouse and paint.net)

I also use a mouse, but I use AI now (was Photoshop previously) to do most of my line work, then color in Photoshop. I also start with an image size 4x the final size which helps to smooth out any line work I do in Photoshop. I found it quite difficult to learn AI basics on my own, but since practicing a bit with it I've seen a huge difference in my drawings. Yay vectors! :)

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Apr 14, 2014 11:44:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Thank you. I saw there's a free trial for AI, but my computer's too old to run it.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Apr 14, 2014 12:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Thank you. I saw there's a free trial for AI, but my computer's too old to run it.

How about Inkscape?
I don't think it's as easy to use as Illustrator is (but I've been using Illustrator since the dawn of time), but it does have that whole FREE thing going for it!
I did most of the color and line work for this entry with Inkscape.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 14, 2014 12:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bakker091

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Puzzles and Puzzle Booches Edition! [Deadline: April 15, 2014] Reply to this Post

The end result of my entry ! :) "Transboochation"
Emerald Ocean: Zilverstarz

[Apr 14, 2014 3:57:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

How about Inkscape?
I don't think it's as easy to use as Illustrator is (but I've been using Illustrator since the dawn of time), but it does have that whole FREE thing going for it!
I did most of the color and line work for this entry with Inkscape.

Thanks Dexla, I will check that out. :)
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Apr 15, 2014 12:53:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Portrait Background - Puzzles and Booches - Deadline extended! Reply to this Post

YPPedia is currently down, therefore, the deadline for this contest will be extended until midnight game time on the 17th. If the issue persists past that date, we will consider other options.

I will announce any other changes as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, work on your entries and don't worry, but do keep an eye on this thread for new developments!
[Apr 15, 2014 11:59:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdensVrede

Re: Portrait Background - Puzzles and Booches - Deadline extended! Reply to this Post

here we got my entery, The Slow patcher.

Lucipurr on emerald
[Apr 16, 2014 9:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bakker091

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Puzzles and Puzzle Booches Edition! [Deadline extended to April 17, 2014] Reply to this Post

My entry :) "Transboochation"

[Apr 16, 2014 2:03:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Puzzles and Puzzle Booches Edition! [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

Drumrrroll! Here there be winners!

Ezzleart's Slack Sailing

Faeree's Frustration Station

Frayscarlet's Rumble Time

Gorev's Rips of Ruin

Greylady's All Aces

Greylady's Choose Yer Weapons!

Greylady's Navigation Nightmare

Twilah's Blacksmithing

Twilah's Spilled Grog

Zilverstarz's Transboochation

The winners please send a petition with the title "FAO: Clotho" with the following information:
* confirmation of pirate name and ocean to receive the prizes
* choice of in-game clothing or furniture item (anything in any color purchasable from a shoppe that doesn't require a Design or Reputation)
* real name and full mailing address for real-life prizes
* or a second in-game clothing item if you don't wish to have the real-life prize
* choice of Greenbones egg or doll, Fishheadred egg or doll or Bluebeard egg or doll!

It's very likely that this edition will run again sometime in the future, so those who didn't win this time or those with unfinished work make sure to save the piece so you can submit then. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all for participating!
[Apr 23, 2014 12:28:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GoreJackFan

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Puzzles and Puzzle Booches Edition! [Winners announced] Reply to this Post

Ty for choosing mine and congrats to all the winners
Gorev - Emerald
[Apr 23, 2014 12:39:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    MechanicGurl04 [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Congratulations everyone!

*goes back to her drawing corner*
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Apr 23, 2014 12:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verziga

Congrats all...nice work

Fray...didn't i tell ya? ;)
Verziga of Emerald
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the crew 'Deadliest Catch'
Lord of the flag 'League of Light'
Too busy to play...too busy to draw. Stupid job :(
[Apr 23, 2014 1:35:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bellahdonna

Thanks so much! And congratulations to everyone! There were a ton of great entries this time around, and all of the (other) winners are fantastic. :)

Twilah on Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bellahdonna at Apr 23, 2014 7:36:14 PM]
[Apr 23, 2014 7:34:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lala_baby

Fray...didn't i tell ya? ;)

Hehe yeah xD, I'm really surprised, thank you! ^_^. Congratz to everyone else as well ~
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination." - Henry David Thoreau

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frayscarlet of Emerald

[Apr 23, 2014 8:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Wow, thanks for selecting mine, and congrats to all of the winners! So many great entries this round!

Also, looks like several new background artist have joined us! Welcome to the obsession! (Or is that only ME who is obsessed??)

[Apr 23, 2014 9:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bakker091

Thank you for choosing me! :D

Congrats to all the other winners :3 !
Can't wait for the portraits to be in the game :D

- Zil

[Apr 25, 2014 10:53:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Wow! Thanks and congrats mates :)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Apr 25, 2014 6:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This edition is now in game. Enjoy!
[May 27, 2014 11:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 112   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates