• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5330 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Kingpredator

Dream Ocean & Old Ocean Dream Changes Reply to this Post

Hello,

Since the new ocean topic being brought up and the fact there being many differences between it and the current oceans, it has got me thinking. How would I design and plan out my own ocean or what changes would I want to make to the current oceans that already exist?

So I thought it would be a great idea to share my thoughts as well as read some other ideas and thoughts out there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream Ocean

Ocean Name: [Mazu] (Chinese Mythology Sea Goddess!)

Map: (Bow down to my superior paint skills!)

Rules/Plans/Ideas/Thoughts:

1: 6 Starter Islands - When you make your pirate it will place you on the lowest populated island in order to keep the starting island populations even. (Realized this was a bad idea.) you will be able to select your starting island.
    2: Whisking potions completely removed from the game in order to promote sailing by ships.
    3: There will be a limit to how many shops and how many of each shop that can be built per island/size.
    4: Shops will have fixed placement in order to keep the island looking pretty. (Unlike the current islands that are absolutely horrible.)
    5: Shop owners that have gone inactive for 12 Months will have their shops completely destroyed and thus opening up a spot for someone new to build one there. (Items that can be saved (Furniture, Clothes, Swords, PoE, Etc) will be sent to owners inventory. Any other items that can't put into a players inventory will be deleted.) (Stuff placed by Managers will be returned to them as well.)
    6: Buildings such as the Inn, Bank, Houses, Etc can only be built once. Will be permanent in a fixed place and not owned by anyone.
    7: Players will be limited to how many shops they can own. 3 Shops per island. Can only own 1 type of shop per island. Up to a maximum of 9 shops total.) (Ex. Island A = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger. Island B = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger. Island C = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger.) (Stalls not included.)
    8: Either fix dubs at a certain price or remove dubs completely. 1: If dubs are set to a fixed price then prices will probably be changed and dubs will be added to items that normally don't cost dubs. 2: If dubs will be removed then have the game sell PoE that is always changing depending on the state of the economy. (Probably hard to do and hard to balance out but I very much dislike players controlling the price of dubs.)
    9: Introduce more clothing options for both female and male. (Mainly male as there aren't as many male clothing as there is female but after there is a balance then will be added evenly.)
    10: Introduce more designs of swords/bludgeons. (Not different patterns but different designs that may have the same pattern in order for players to chose the design they like best per pattern. Of course, if there is the possibility of a new pattern then it will be added all the same.)
    11: Introduce new styles of ships but not limiting them. Will always be able to be built just requires more materials, etc. Will also need said design/blueprint per shop in order to build.
    12: More reasons to collect trinkets such as trophies, and new exchange ideas.
    13: Lessen the chances of intra-arch charts. Memorizing will be the way to go!
    14: Introduce more animals/pets but not limiting them. Might be purchasable on certain islands only.
    15: Limit the stakes for gambling puzzles. Max PoE Stake 20k, remove dubs from stakes. Poker, SF, Rumble, Drinking, Spades, Hearts.
    16: Rework item decay: Clothing = Cloth 60 Days, Fine Cloth 120 Days. Weapons 35 Days. Charts 4 days. Maps 7 Days. Rowboats 12 Days. Badges 32 Days. Furniture 30 Days in inventory so if it is placed then it will not decay. (Add remaining days to furniture)
    17: Crews/Flags will need active members in order to prevent automatic disbanding. Crews must have 5 active members otherwise after 6 months the crew will be disbanded and thus allowing the name to be used once again. Flags must have 10 active members otherwise after 12 months they will be disbanded and again thus allowing the name to be used once again.
    18: Add Fleet-Officer Badges.
    19: Change hierarchy of flags. From highest to lowest = (1) Great Monarch, King/Queen (Limited to only captains.), Prince/Princess (Limited to only captains and senior officers.) Duke/Duchess (Limited to captains, senior officers, and fleet officers.)
    20: Add decay rate to standings. Haven't quite thought this one out but if your ultimate but if you don't play that puzzle for like 30 days then say goodbye to your standing.
    21: Flag Island Limits - 1 Large, 2 Medium, 3 Small, 10 Outposts per flag but with a maximum of 12 islands in total. (Yes, outposts are islands too.)

This is about all I could think of for now for my Dream Ocean. Will add more as I think about it more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream changes I would make to current oceans.
Basically just some of the same ideas from my dream ocean but the ones that are at least doable on existing oceans.

1: Shop owners that have gone inactive for 12 Months will have their shops completely destroyed and thus opening up a spot for someone new to build one there. (Items that can be saved (Furniture, Clothes, Swords, PoE, Etc) will be sent to owners inventory. Any other items that can't put into a players inventory will be deleted.) (Stuff placed by Managers will be returned to them as well.)
    1.1: Buildings such as the Inn, Bank, Houses, Etc will be affected by this only by dropping the owner of it. They will no longer have an owner and so being technically owned by the island.
    2: Players will be limited to how many shops they can own. 3 Shops per island. Can only own 1 type of shop per island. Up to a maximum of 9 shops total.) (Ex. Island A = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger. Island B = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger. Island C = 1 Shipwright, 1 Weaver, 1, Iron Monger.) (To those who already own more than this it will not affect them unless they go inactive and lose them or sell them but will not able to purchase any more than what they already own.) (Stalls not included.)
    3: Introduce more clothing options for both female and male. (Mainly male as there aren't as many male clothing as there is female but after there is a balance then will be added evenly.)
    5: Introduce more designs of swords/bludgeons. (Not different patterns but different designs that may have the same pattern in order for players to chose the design they like best per pattern. Of course, if there is the possibility of a new pattern then it will be added all the same.)
    6: More reasons to collect trinkets such as trophies, and new exchange ideas.
    7: Limit the stakes for gambling puzzles. Max PoE Stake 20k, remove dubs from stakes. Poker, SF, Rumble, Drinking, Spades, Hearts.
    8: Rework item decay: Clothing = Cloth 60 Days, Fine Cloth 120 Days. Weapons 35 Days. Charts 4 days. Maps 7 Days. Rowboats 12 Days. Badges 32 Days. Furniture 30 Days in inventory so if it is placed then it will not decay. (Add remaining days to furniture)
    9: Crews/Flags will need active members in order to prevent automatic disbanding. Crews must have 5 active members otherwise after 6 months the crew will be disbanded and thus allowing the name to be used once again. Flags must have 10 active members otherwise after 12 months they will be disbanded and again thus allowing the name to be used once again.
    10: Add decay rate to standings. Haven't quite thought this one out but if your ultimate but if you don't play that puzzle for like 30 days then say goodbye to your standing.

Thanks for reading! If you have any thoughts or ideas please share them! I would very much like to see what others peoples dreams are for YPP as well as read some thoughts about the current way of things and how they can be changed.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 18 times, last edit by Kingpredator at Apr 6, 2017 1:37:21 AM]
[Apr 5, 2017 11:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jcmorgan6

Re: Dream Ocean & Old Ocean Dream Changes Reply to this Post

2. People will just use whisk alts, some people do this already to avoid the 500 PoE cost especially on islands they have shoppes/SMH maps at.
7. People will just own Shoppes on alts and can make their main account a manager.
8. No, see one of the dozens of threads listed with this before.
12. I mentioned before somewhere, blueprinted items should just have lower doubloon costs (exlcuding ships maybe), then people might actually use them - increasing demand.
13. Why? I don't see a problem with this on the current ocean, memorizing is already the way to go.
14. Why different islands? The only reason for this would be money for the Governor, is this your intention? Also already a thread
15. Pointless, people will just stake in items instead of PoE.
16. Can you justify this, furniture decaying in the inventory sounds like a horrible idea.
17. This would have to be 1 active member, not 5. Plenty of people have solo crews/flags and there's no good reason to disallow that.
19. Why? What purpose would these positions hold? Titled member is already a useless position .
20. Actually decaying the standings seems like a bad idea, however being able to tell whether someones standing is active or dormant could work.
21. Won't this just reduce competition for islands.
Jjc on Emerald
Jc on Obsidian (regrettably)
My Kraken bombing guide
CI booty division stats
[Apr 6, 2017 10:23:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingpredator

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand the point of this topic even though it's mentioned in the title twice. I appreciate your criticism but it's quite the opposite.

As said in the title twice. Dream Ocean! Dream Changes! When I think of dreams nothing is impossible and everything is perfect! Of course, that isn't reality but that's right! This isn't reality! These are dreams! Where anything is possible and nothing can stop you except your own limited imagination.

Although I do very much appreciate someone actually replying even though it isn't what I wanted but at least it shows that someone at least took the time to read it.

Still looking forward to what other people can come up with so hopefully someone comes along and posts something amazing!

Look at the glass half full! Not half empty!
[Apr 6, 2017 8:56:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand the point of this topic even though it's mentioned in the title twice. I appreciate your criticism but it's quite the opposite.

As said in the title twice. Dream Ocean! Dream Changes! When I think of dreams nothing is impossible and everything is perfect! Of course, that isn't reality but that's right! This isn't reality! These are dreams! Where anything is possible and nothing can stop you except your own limited imagination.

Although I do very much appreciate someone actually replying even though it isn't what I wanted but at least it shows that someone at least took the time to read it.

Still looking forward to what other people can come up with so hopefully someone comes along and posts something amazing!

Look at the glass half full! Not half empty!

This post is creative but I don't like it.

I appreciate the time and effort you've put into this though!

Lets see what the other people think :)
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Alstroemeria at Apr 7, 2017 12:26:01 AM]
[Apr 6, 2017 10:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

This post is crap*.

Dont try to get people to like it.

Perhaps, instead of just throwing your crap opinion out there, you could suggest further ideas, or improvements on his ideas?

Yes, he mentioned it's a dream idea, and it's not a bad idea to "throw away the rules" and think of outside the box. That being said, if you post on the forums, it is only fair if there is at least some healthy debate.

/me casually wonders if it's possible for ANY thread on these forums to not have uncivil posts....

* Edited so I don't copy a word in the ban filter

Edit: Grammar.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Apr 6, 2017 11:52:54 PM]
[Apr 6, 2017 11:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Alstroemeria

This post is crap*.

Dont try to get people to like it.

Perhaps, instead of just throwing your crap opinion out there, you could suggest further ideas, or improvements on his ideas?

Yes, he mentioned it's a dream idea, and it's not a bad idea to "throw away the rules" and think of outside the box. That being said, if you post on the forums, it is only fair if there is at least some healthy debate.

/me casually wonders if it's possible for ANY thread on these forums to not have uncivil posts....

* Edited so I don't copy a word in the ban filter

Edit: Grammar.

Had a bad mood when I posted it but that should be no excuse.

I appreciate the dedication and effort he put into it - I didn't really want to devalue it.

I'm sorry and hope that he did not read my rude comment yet.

Keep up the good work buddy!
Competition exploiters scammed the community:

Thread
[Apr 7, 2017 12:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

I'm sorry and hope that he did not read my rude comment yet.

Keep up the good work buddy!
Hey, that's much better! :)

We all have bad days....
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Apr 7, 2017 12:45:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

its good that you can post bad opinions and refuse to defend them on the basis of it just being opinions
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Apr 7, 2017 3:19:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kingpredator

Well, this topic with south fast. I only wanted to listen to the imagination of other people and what they could come up with but alas it doesn't look like that's possible.
Too many negative thoughts I assume when it comes to this topic. So let us just end it here before it gets any worse then it has to be. Although I do appreciate the reply!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kingpredator at Apr 8, 2017 11:01:36 PM]
[Apr 8, 2017 11:00:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Well, this topic with south fast. I only wanted to listen to the imagination of other people and what they could come up with but alas it doesn't look like that's possible.
Too many negative thoughts I assume when it comes to this topic. So let us just end it here before it gets any worse then it has to be. Although I do appreciate the reply!

You might be better off posting this in Game Design; Shore Leave is specifically for non-game related topics.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Apr 19, 2017 5:00:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

My dream ocean would have sparkling pinky-purple water in its seas, and flowers and bunnies on every island. There would be day and night cycles - with pretty stars and dark seas to reflect them in the evenings.

During the daylight hours, if the weather was warm and it was quiet enough, you could encounter leprechauns in the flowery bunny fields - and challenge them for the chance to win their pot of gold. (However, if you lost to a leprechaun, it might curse you by giving you horse feet or an elephant trunk or something equally hilarious and temporary).

At night, spooky creatures would roam about - like werewolves, skellies and zombies. These would accept 1vs1 challenges, and would also sometimes choose to dance enthusiastically - forming flash mobs beneath the full moon.

Cultist rafts would be available for purchase at a reasonable price, and raft races would soon become a new, exciting and wonderful sport! Merchandise would be available to support your favourite rafting team, and cheer squads would line the beaches encouraging the entrants as they sped past.

Trees would grow fairy floss leaves, and be laden with rapidly replenishing seed pods filled with m&ms and skittles, and the sacred pineapple would, of course, be worshipped - as it aught to be. Spikey temples would be built in its honour, and parades would be held on all seventeen of its birthdays each year. There would also be pineapple-shaped cake.

Oh, and everyone would have stylish fairy wings - eliminating the need to whisk anywhere, and making climbing up to the crows nest of a ship super easy and fun!
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Apr 24, 2017 9:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

My dream ocean would have sparkling pinky-purple water in its seas, and flowers and bunnies on every island. There would be day and night cycles - with pretty stars and dark seas to reflect them in the evenings.

During the daylight hours, if the weather was warm and it was quiet enough, you could encounter leprechauns in the flowery bunny fields - and challenge them for the chance to win their pot of gold. (However, if you lost to a leprechaun, it might curse you by giving you horse feet or an elephant trunk or something equally hilarious and temporary).

At night, spooky creatures would roam about - like werewolves, skellies and zombies. These would accept 1vs1 challenges, and would also sometimes choose to dance enthusiastically - forming flash mobs beneath the full moon.

Cultist rafts would be available for purchase at a reasonable price, and raft races would soon become a new, exciting and wonderful sport! Merchandise would be available to support your favourite rafting team, and cheer squads would line the beaches encouraging the entrants as they sped past.

Trees would grow fairy floss leaves, and be laden with rapidly replenishing seed pods filled with m&ms and skittles, and the sacred pineapple would, of course, be worshipped - as it aught to be. Spikey temples would be built in its honour, and parades would be held on all seventeen of its birthdays each year. There would also be pineapple-shaped cake.

Oh, and everyone would have stylish fairy wings - eliminating the need to whisk anywhere, and making climbing up to the crows nest of a ship super easy and fun!

Hi and sparkly Faeree! hugs! I, if its not obvious from my name, would LOVE this ocean! Bring it on!
Avvie by me! Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Apr 24, 2017 9:42:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Robyns090

I like some of the changes suggested in this original post. Although the decaying of items rework idea I'm heavily against. It's though enough to get some rare charts as it is, it would make it even harder if they only lasted 7 days.

I am all for the shoppe decay idea although to supplement this I would suggest that the owners of an island can only build 1 shoppe on that island a month. This would stop the islands getting full of shoppes again immediately and prevent flags from continuously cashinig in on the sale of shoppes while making the island harder to look at.

An change that I would suggest, particularly for emerald would be for Wensleydale and Lincoln to become blockadable islands, so hopefully some expansion would start outside of Admiral which is unarguably Emeralds "hub" island.
Robyns
<3
[Jun 11, 2017 11:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates