• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2395 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
qlauncher

[SOLVED/PRIZES WON] International Jazz Day Puzzle! Reply to this Post

250k claimed by Maliya and Wreckie at 7:15am PDT on Wed, March 28th

750k claimed by Kutlasskayli and her flag at 6:49pm PDT on Friday, March 30th.

Puzzle Fixes List:

Page 6, at the top. Supposed to be 59, not 559.

Page 4. 24 Across is supposed to be "OP"

Page 7. Should say "the yeti lives NOWHERE near..."

IN ADDITION: If you think you have solved the puzzle and I am offline (which I will be the next few days) send me the solution via email at jazzthepirate@gmail.com
I will do my best to reply quickly and let you know if you got it!

Ahoy! Back again with a new puzzle!

I learned a lot from the previous two, and so with this one, I will give you the format so that you will be prepared.

- On March 27th, 2018 @ 5:30PM PST, Jazz the pirate will post a link to the puzzle via Obsidian Ocean's global chat.
- There are two ways to win: 250,000 PoE will be given to the first pirate who gives Jazz the solution. 750,000 PoE will be given to the first pirate who complete's all of the book's puzzles (the book explains how to do that and prove it.)

The puzzle will make use of the following resources:
* A puzzle book (in a cool, page-turning format as well as a downloadable .pdf)
* Obsidian Ocean knowledge, and a bit of knowledge you'd have to be an old salt to know.
* Yppedia

The puzzle book includes every puzzle. No pirates, stalls or otherwise have been made or set up for this event. This ensures that all players have equal and limitless access to the puzzle. HOWEVER, the solution to the puzzle must be presented to me in game (whatever the solution may be.) I will do my best to be on as often as possible, and in the event of a tie, the Pieces of Eight will be split.

I hope that this puzzle will be challenging but not impossible. Even if you don't succeed, there are many puzzles within the puzzle, and I'm quite sure at least 1 will tickle your fancy. :-)

Just a few more tips before I leave you to it:

*Be ready right when the puzzle begins! My prediction for this puzzle is that a group of 5 people could possibly solve it in under an hour!
* Make a team! This is a race, so pirates working alone will have a disadvantage. Think about how many pirates ye'd like to split the prize poes with... or maybe your crew works together, and prize money goes to the crew? The flag?
*Think outside the box! Some puzzles are straightforward, others are not. A puzzle might only make use of a small part of the page, or maybe multiple pages!
*It is a race for the code. It is also a race for completion. Brute forcing might be an effective way to solve this puzzle and win the race element, then go for completion afterwards! I will announce if anyone has won either prize yet.
*Have fun! there are a few groups who have been a part of my puzzles before. They work quickly and efficiently, and already work well together. You might not win. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy this puzzle! Complete it regardless of others completing before you. I intend to make this puzzle in a way that anyone could solve it years from now and enjoy it!

If you've made a team, post below with your team members and let me know that you are EXCITED!!!

That's it from me! Puzzle you later!
----------------------------------------
JAZZ on Obsidian Ocean. - YPPStreamer! twitch.tv/jazzthepirate -
Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Edit 9 times, last edit by qlauncher at Mar 30, 2018 9:04:51 PM]
[Mar 13, 2018 11:09:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Re: International Jazz Day Puzzle [March 30th, 2018 @ 3PM PST] Win 1m PoE! Reply to this Post

o boi
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Mar 13, 2018 11:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Re: International Jazz Day Puzzle [March 30th, 2018 @ 3PM PST] Win 1m PoE! Reply to this Post

I certainly will be participating! Sounds like fun!
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Mar 13, 2018 6:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Tom, let's do this as a flag effort? :D We can discuss things on Discord..
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Mar 16, 2018 5:01:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomanomanous

Tom, let's do this as a flag effort? :D We can discuss things on Discord..

I suppose we can work together! Lets not do more than say 4 people on a team though, and see how many we can get involved in it!
Tomanomanous - Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obsidian
Tumanumanus - Totally inconspicuous undercover spy in Marooned on Obsidian

Avatar by the brilliant Crabcake
[Mar 16, 2018 3:58:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LisaKayeLA

Re: TIME CHANGED: International Jazz Day Puzzle [March 27th, 2018 @ 5:30PM PST] Win 1m PoE! Reply to this Post

Team FAB
Chinstrap
Lisakayela
Nor
Cenyah
Cpt - Debauchery at Sea
Princess of Fresh and Bold on Obisidian
Always just a text away.

*NOTE: All comments, opinions and observations are strictly my own and do not reflect those of my flag unless I'm queen.
[Mar 27, 2018 5:32:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jinxie2

Re: TIME CHANGED: International Jazz Day Puzzle [March 27th, 2018 @ 5:30PM PST] Win 1m PoE! Reply to this Post

Team Iron Warriors

Albinoninja
Stargazy
Naslan
Zephyrr
Hamersmid
Conloach
Ruby
Stargazy on Obsidian
[Mar 28, 2018 3:04:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Could you post the book link here on forums please? (For those of us who couldn't be logged on to the game at that time).
Even if it is already finished, I would still like to see what the puzzles were.

Thanks.
Zapa of Emerald
[Mar 28, 2018 3:25:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goodwill100

Could you post the book link here on forums please? (For those of us who couldn't be logged on to the game at that time).
Even if it is already finished, I would still like to see what the puzzles were.

Thanks.

tiny.cc/jazzpdf :-)
Jonthecarper on Obsidian

Likes Carpentry.
Current Shiny Sun Point collection: 2/30

Is desperately looking for autumn pie furniture on Obsidian.
[Mar 28, 2018 4:36:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
abcfox

Re: [SOLVED/PRIZES WON] International Jazz Day Puzzle! Reply to this Post

Woo! Thanks jazz for putting this event together. That book was super spiffy and a lot of fun to work on.
Wiggin on the Hunter Ocean
Paranoia
Eye of the Storm
[Mar 30, 2018 9:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates