• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4345 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
BHorror

Rebooty or no Booty 2! Win up to 1,000,000 PoE! Reply to this Post

Rebooty or no Booty 2! Welcome to Steam Edition!

To celebrate the opening Dark Seas, Afghan and I have talked it over, and decided to once again host our rendition of the classic Booty or no Booty event for all to enjoy, whether you?re an old, returning, or new pirate!
For those of you who are not familiar with the old events, fear not! Below is a full description of the rules of the event ? if you?re familiar with the game show Deal or No Deal, you?re already 1 step ahead!

• Who: Hosted by Horror (Rebooty) and Afghan in all their glory!

• What: Booty or no Booty remake, that we call Rebooty or no Booty! Click links for more info.

• Where: Knockout's Flag Hall on Night Harbor. You can get there by going to the Night Harbor Island (clicking on the rowboat to the left of the dock on Port Venture), then clicking on housing, then clicking on flag halls.
    If you run into any issues getting there (i.e. building arrows aren?t working. Gee, when has that happened before?, /tell Rebooty for an invite before the event! Unfortunately, once the event has begun, we will not be able to invite more pirates.

• When: Friday, September 29th, 2017 3PM Game Time (use /info to determine what the current game time is and to determine the time difference from your current time zone to game time!)

----------

Rebooty 2 will be a little different than previous events ? so even if you?ve done this before, be sure to read the rules!

Also know that the audience participates! You all will have a chance to bid money to win the seat and become the new player, or win random surprise prizes! Do not skip this event just because you were not able to participate in the early stages!
----------

Phases

• Pregame Phase- Win my skulls!

This week (September 25-September 28th) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, sometime around 3PM game time, I will be posting Tournaments for Swordfight, Drinking, Treasure Drop, and Rumble respectively, one tournament per day for a total of 4 tournaments. The grand prize of each tournament will be a skull with my name "Horror" on it.
    Enter these tournaments and win these skulls! They?ll be your tickets on Friday to enter for a chance to play Rebooty or No Booty.
    Please note that winning a skull does not guarantee that you will be able to play. Only one skull holder will be able to play, the other three will win smaller mystery prizes.
    Note that I will be keeping tabs on who wins these skulls. If you win a skull, and wish to sell or trade it to anyone else, please let me know beforehand, so I can ensure that all skull winners make it to the game and get a chance to play Rebooty or No Booty!

• Pregame Phase- Pick the player!

Immediately before the event, I will reach out to everyone who won a skull from the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday tournament and invite them to the event. Once you attend and show me in the trade window that you have won the skull, I trade you one of the 4 random wrapped presents. I won?t know which present contains which prize. These presents will contain 3 mystery prizes and 1 card announcing that you will be our starting player!

• Starting Phase: Pick your prize

The starting player?s first task is to pick a box, 1-24. From this point on, that box will be their prize!
  • Main Phase: Eliminate Boxes
    Giving the prize in the chosen box instantly would be boring, so instead, we slowly eliminate the other boxes, to show what the chosen box does not contain! Through process of elimination, we can begin to glean what might be in that lucky chosen box!

The player will pick boxes to open. They will open the box, and read the card inside that tells them which prize the box contained. The hosts will then remove that prize from the list behind the numbered boxes, so there is an accurate list of available prize for the audience to see.

• Audience Bid Phase

Occasionally, as boxes are removed, the hosts will announce a bidding round.
    Audience players who wish to participate will be instructed to /tell Rebooty any number of PoE they would pay the current participating player to take over their seat.
    The highest bidder will get a response, asking them to send Rebooty a trade and show they have the amount of PoE they?ve. If the bid is determined to be invalid (e.g. the player cannot prove they have the PoE they have bid), the host will move to the second highest bid, and so on, until there is a confirmed bid.
    Some notes about the bids ?

• Only PoE can be accepted, no doubloons or items, sorry!
    • These bids are done in tells, so if you bid low, you still have a chance of being the highest bidder, bid smart!

Once the bid is determined to be true, the contestant will then be offered this bid to swap their seat.
    This is done by asking the current player the titular question, Booty or No Booty?

• If the current player chooses No Booty, the player remains, and we continue to remove boxes!
    • If the current player chooses Booty, they will be given the PoE, and the bidder will be revealed, as the bidder then take the seat, and become the new player!

Note: the chosen box does NOT swap when the player swaps. The chosen box remains the same throughout all player switches.
  • Final Round!

Once the board only has two boxes remaining ? the chosen box and one remaining prize box, the current player has a difficult choice. They can choose to open the chosen box that was picked at the very beginning of the game by the starting player, or if they are feeling unlucky, they can choose to switch to the only other available box instead.
    Either way, the one they choose to open is the prize they win!
  • Prizes
    Now for the part you?ve all been waiting for. Here are a list of the prizes that can be won (in no particular order):

• Tan bandana
    • KH kit
    • Broken barrel
    • 1,000 PoE
    • Hemp Stack
    • Gold Bandana
    • 10,000 PoE
    • Game Table
    • Random Badge
    • 50,000 PoE
    • Cat or Dog
    • Sword
    • Regular Sloop
    • 100,000 PoE
    • 4 x Shadow or Crimson Chromas
    • War Brig
    • 200,000 PoE
    • Xebec
    • Shadow Sloop
    • Full Outfit (hat, torso, pants, and shoes)
    • 500,000 PoE
    • One of the $20 DLCs (winner?s choice which)
    • 1,000,000 PoE
    • $50 DLC

• Prize Delivery
      This goes for all prizes awarded ? in the skull boxes, audience prizes, and the final prize for the player.
      Prizes will be delivered as soon as possible. Some, like PoE, will be given instantly throughout the event, but anything requiring labor obviously may not be available immediately, as delivery time estimates are not always accurate. We will work with the winner to figure it out delivery if this is the case!
      Prizes are being graciously provided by Cairna.

----------

Special Thanks

Special thanks goes to Afghan, for instantly being on the same page as me when Obsidian opened, and wanting run our re-imagination of this event for new and returning players!

Thanks to many of my flag members in Amateur Hour for spending random nights going through private test runs and brainstorming sections to make sure I do this as well as I could have with the limited resources available on Obsidian.

And of course, many thanks to Cairna for providing such exciting prizes and supporting Afghan and me in our silly desires to host fun games for players!

This event is in no way affiliated with Grey Havens.
    ----------------------------------------
    Horror from Emerald and Obsidian
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by BHorror at Sep 24, 2017 4:04:10 PM]
[Sep 24, 2017 2:18:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

Re: Rebooty or no Booty 2! Win up to 1,000,000 PoE! Reply to this Post

Monday: Swordfighting Tournament - 42 Entries! Strongmother wins! Congratulations!

Tuesday: Treasure Drop Tournament - 40 Entries! Jon wins! Congratulations!

Skull was traded to Allera

Wednesday: Drinking Tournament - 23 Entries! Booman wins! Congratulations!

Thursday: Rumble Tournament - 25 Entries! Salsa wins! Congratulations!

Skull was traded to Geologist

For the Rumble tournament, I only left 5 minutes to join, instead of 30, I'm sorry! I'll try not to make this mistake in the future.

-----------------

I will do my best to respond to questions here or in game!
[Edit 6 times, last edit by BHorror at Sep 28, 2017 6:56:46 PM]
[Sep 24, 2017 3:20:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

Here is a recap of the event!

All four contestants were given gift boxes in exchange for the skulls. Everyone received a Wrapped Parlor Badge, except Allera, she got the Gold Ribbon, and became the starting contestant!

When asked to pick her prize box, Allera picked box 13! We then got started with the elimination round.

-----

Round 1: Allera eliminated the following boxes.

21 - Cat or Dog
9 - Badge
4 - Broken Barrel
16 - Full Outfit
22 - 200,000 PoE

With some of the better prizes removed, but the best still in play, we entered the bidding round, and the top bidder was from Mark at 112,000 PoE! Allera wasting no time in declaring NO BOOTY, and continued to play!

Between rounds, Puzzled won 20,000 PoE for answering a trivia question correctly!

-----

Round 2: Allera eliminated the following boxes.

15 - 10,000 PoE
23 - Faction DLC
10 - Eminent Explorer
11 - 1,000 PoE
12 - 1,000,000 PoE

Allera possibly set a record for fastest removal of all the top prizes! Still, we had to take a bid, and her offer was 78,000 PoE from Mark yet again! Still, Allera declared NO BOOTY!

Between rounds, Strongmother won 20,000 PoE for answering a trivia question correctly!

-----

Round 3: Allera eliminated the following boxes.

20 - Kit
24 - Weapon
6 - Hemp Stack
18 - 500,000 PoE

Without many large prizes remaining, it wasn't looking good, yet she still managed to get a 85,000 PoE bid from Samrockx! She finally came to her senses, and shouted BOOTY! Samrockx became our new contestant!

Between rounds, Maliya won 20,000 PoE for being the fastest typer!

-----

Round 4: Samrockx eliminated the following boxes.

14 - 50,000
19 - Faction Chroma x4
17 - Shadow Sloop
1 - Sloop

By this point, space madness must have set in, because just about everyone was rooting for the Tan Bandana to be the prize, including Samrockx! Not even a bid of 88,888 PoE from Lethal was enough to change his mind, he yelled NO BOOTY! And we continued...

Between rounds, Olaf won 20,000 PoE for answering a trivia question correctly!

-----

Round 5: Samrockx eliminated the following boxes.

3 - Warbrig
8 - Gold Bandana

One Bandana down, but his hopeful wishes for tan were still possible! A bid of 99,999 PoE from Puzzled was still placed, but NO BOOTY was still called!

Between rounds, Mark won 20,000 PoE for answering a trivia question correctly!

-----

Round 6: Samrockx eliminated the following boxes.

2 - 100,000 PoE
5 - Xebec

With those prizes removed, The last two remaining prizes were the Game Table, and the growing crowd favorite, Tan Bandana. Allera seemingly wanted to get back into the game, with a 30,000 PoE bid, but Samrockx wanted his prize, NO BOOTY!

He had one final choice, STAY with box 13, or SWAP to the remaining box 7. Samrockx decided STAY with 13, and opened it to reveal his prize of...

A Game Table!!!

I do hope everyone had fun, I sure did, it is always a blast to host events! Feel free to leave me any feedback on the event in this thread, as we do hope to make this a monthly event, if we can! Just keep your eyes on the forums!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BHorror at Sep 29, 2017 6:12:22 PM]
[Sep 29, 2017 6:07:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I am still lost at what is was, but sounds fun. I tried to watch the video from previous one, but it was not hosted any longer.

Did you tape this one?

Is it a fundraisers or just fun way to give away poe/stuff?
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Sep 29, 2017 6:12:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Allera

Aimed at the Tandana, landed on the Game Table. Feels bad. :(

Thank you for the fun! ?
Allera of Obsidian, Captain of Serenity, Queen of Sempiternal. ?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Allera at Sep 29, 2017 6:40:16 PM]
[Sep 29, 2017 6:21:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BHorror

I am still lost at what is was, but sounds fun. I tried to watch the video from previous one, but it was not hosted any longer.

Yeah it's lost, sorry :<

Did you tape this one?

A member of Afghan's flag livestreamed it, but i don't know if she recorded the video, it was too last minute for me to reliably take part.

Is it a fundraisers or just fun way to give away poe/stuff?

A way to give away! 100% Non-profit, all good fun in a gameshow.
[Sep 29, 2017 6:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

A way to give away! 100% Non-profit, all good fun in a gameshow.

Very Nice!
--------

I hope to make one some time, but Friday's are work days :(
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)

Who would have ever thought there would be a more worthless familiar then the Krackling's? But now we have owls that are farm raised.

Which ever way the wind blows...
[Sep 29, 2017 7:52:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates