• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3131 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
wippit

What's the current method of appealing a ban? Reply to this Post

I'm a mod for the YPP subreddit, and the question has come up from people who have been banned a while ago. The wiki says to appeal in the support forum, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.
[Jan 12, 2017 4:30:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Re: What's the current method of appealing a ban? Reply to this Post

I'm a mod for the YPP subreddit, and the question has come up from people who have been banned a while ago. The wiki says to appeal in the support forum, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Those people should email the support staff.
----------------------------------------
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Jan 12, 2017 4:59:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I'm not sure where you found "appeal in the support forum," since the yppedia says

How to appeal a ban? The only way to appeal a ban is if the owner of the banned account requests a review of their case using the Support Form . A petition or complaint will not help in a banning case, nor will getting friends of the player to plead on his or her behalf. It is not appropriate to post in the forum discussing bans.
"I've been banned/suspended!" - What should I do? thread also exists.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Scythera <3
[Jan 12, 2017 1:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wippit

I'm not sure where you found "appeal in the support forum," since the yppedia says

How to appeal a ban? The only way to appeal a ban is if the owner of the banned account requests a review of their case using the Support Form

I would think it's blatantly obvious I misread "form" as "forum" don't you think?

Still, there's no "form" there either.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wippit at Jan 12, 2017 5:28:22 PM]
[Jan 12, 2017 5:27:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

The form hasn't been around since the game moved to Grey Havens (I think). But the thread that EmpressTamar linked to is still around and it says exactly what to do and what not to do.

Anyone that ban pleads should be certain to read that entire thread, because if they don't, they will likely end up getting impatient and doing something that will only make their situation worse.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Vas wrote: 
can you add another quote to your signature? "Maj is a liability on the forums. Someone stop him"

[Jan 13, 2017 11:17:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates