• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6147 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
JerfyB

A Revival Crew? Reply to this Post

Well all know the state of the realm of Puzzle Pirates, and I know most of the people on these forums have been around long enough to be seriously depressed about it. I've been reading pleads to the devs for hours, and I think a lot of you have great ideas. So, I got inspired, and came up with my own.

I want to start a crew/flag dedicated to getting new players set up, get them to keep playing, and train them to contribute to our game. If it got enough support, maybe we could even grant active players with badges they need (both rank and bravery). Naturally, the crew will pillage/SMH/tilla their arses off for the good of the whole. Not only that, the crew will head a flag dedicated to keeping up with interesting activities (really only blockading, as I feel there's not enough of it) and bringing new crews under its wing. I've had quite enough of large alliances keeping things peaceful (and boring), so we need chaos and we need to fill a lot of pockets with it.

Granted, I know this proposition won't suddenly bring in new players, as it has no immediate outreach to the outside world. However, if we're able to make the game better as a whole, maybe newer players will recommend it to friends? Even if they don't, improving the game's community is vital when it comes to caring for it. And maybe old players who quit long ago will be more likely to return (like me).

Now please, comment with support, concerns, or tell me I'm a bloody idiot. I'm just spitballing and I want friends to help me with the project!
----------------------------------------
Jerfy on Emerald
[Aug 25, 2016 6:48:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ghostbeardz1

Re: A Revival Crew? Reply to this Post

Yarrr! Readin' this here post brought joy to this ole' Ghost's shivery heart! Yer spirit & ye clear sense of purpose be qualities we always be needing in all o' our oceans.

Perhaps even me humble little cruiselines might have some supplies which could help ye, as ye map out the blueprint for yer journey ahead.
We're always happy to help do what we can for the good of the ocean.

If ye ever happen to pass through the seas of Emerald, make sure to pass a message over to ole' Ghostbeardz! Yarr, I'll always be happy to hear from ye!
Ghostbeards of Emerald
Senior Officer of The Royal United Navy
[Aug 26, 2016 12:26:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JerfyB

If ye ever happen to pass through the seas of Emerald, make sure to pass a message over to ole' Ghostbeardz!

I'll be sure to shoot you a tell and a hearty next time I'm on, I'm only on Emerald. Great to hear some positive feedback. :)
Jerfy on Emerald
[Aug 26, 2016 10:32:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I suppose I truly should get more active on the fourms hee hee. I've started a crew recently mostly with the intent to do just what you've outlined here. Admittedly, I focus a little more on officer training, but I do also offer help to any pirate who seeks it.

I myself am only on Emerald at the moment, though I do plan on creating a second pirate on Obsidian when it is released.

If ye are still looking at this idea, go ahead and look at my crew, Kindness Emptied Coffers. We could use some more greenie support.

(And come on Ghosty! We're hearties, you even give me goodies for the greenies, why you no point me to this :P)
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Mar 7, 2017 7:22:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yanojr

I suppose I truly should get more active on the fourms hee hee. I've started a crew recently mostly with the intent to do just what you've outlined here. Admittedly, I focus a little more on officer training, but I do also offer help to any pirate who seeks it.

I myself am only on Emerald at the moment, though I do plan on creating a second pirate on Obsidian when it is released.

If ye are still looking at this idea, go ahead and look at my crew, Kindness Emptied Coffers. We could use some more greenie support.

(And come on Ghosty! We're hearties, you even give me goodies for the greenies, why you no point me to this :P)

i will pvp all the runs you guys do.... what is this niceness non sense... dont let me catch you guys online or im a make it a man hunt
[Mar 8, 2017 4:35:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

i will pvp all the runs you guys do.... what is this niceness non sense... dont let me catch you guys online or im a make it a man hunt

My crew? I haven't done a single PvP battle... We are mere sailors, look it up! Go ahead and hunt me down, it won't be hard with my dist bnav.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scarpath at Mar 8, 2017 9:17:14 AM]
[Mar 8, 2017 9:15:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates