• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4526 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Zaruds

Forage Competitions/Events Reply to this Post

Ahoy mates!

First of all, I'm new in this forum so i hope you forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place or if what I'm about to say doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm here to propose a new kind of events, different from the others that we're used to, something "outside of the box". I'm talking about new events that involve the forage puzzle.

I think it would be different, since most of the events are based on Parlor puzzles, which requires (sometimes) a parlor badge to participate on it.

I see the forage puzzle almost forgot for some pirates and I think it would be great to have events/competitions with forage puzzle, just to change the daily routine. In the other hand, it would boost the forage offers too. Everyone wins!

About prizes, i guess that it wouldn't be necessary to have valuable prizes like familiars or something like that, like other events. It could be just some furniture or a few Pieces of Eight.

I hope you liked my suggestion and if there's any questions or commentaries, I really would appreciate to hear them.

Thank ye for your time mates!
Zaruds (Emerald Ocean)

P.S - Sorry for any mistakes done while writing this, my English is a little bit rusty. :P
----------------------------------------
Zaruds on Emerald Ocean

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all. ~ Johnny Depp
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zaruds at Sep 27, 2014 11:37:48 AM]
[Sep 27, 2014 11:36:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Re: Forage Competitions/Events Reply to this Post

I think it would be different, since most of the events are based on Parlor puzzles, which requires (sometimes) a parlor badge to participate on it.

The forage requires a badge/subscription too.

I assume you're talking about the official events? Where there are both piracy skill competitions (for which you usually don't need a badge or subscription, if I'm correct) and indeed parlor competitions for which you usually do need a badge/subscription?

Or are you talking about a player-organized competition/event?

I think it could be interesting, but there are some disadvantages to using foraging.
I think the competitors might be more interested to offer up (all) their labor hours for a bit more than a piece of furniture or a few PoE as you suggest. Remember that foraging eats up your labor hours, whereas all the other competition elements don't do that.
Also, vesselowners/SO's/FO's who host the competitors can get a nice amount of poe for the fruit/gold nuggets/gems which are foraged, whereas the competitors would hardly get anything in return for their hard work (read: labor hours) with your prize suggestion.

I think the fact that it would cost labor hours, might be the biggest hurdle, especially in comparison to all the other competition where no labor hours go lost in the competition. And with the loss of labor hours, comes the loss of PoE for the players and the loss of labor for the shops.
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Cerulean Ocean:
Saeliyagil
Scrapper-West
Ilse-West
[Sep 28, 2014 1:08:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://puzzlingpirate.fantasygamecreations.com [Link]  Go to top 
Zaruds

Re: Forage Competitions/Events Reply to this Post

Actually, there are a lot of tournaments/competitions that require your parlor badge too.
Zaruds on Emerald Ocean

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all. ~ Johnny Depp
[Sep 30, 2014 8:58:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates