• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4427 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Robyand

Puzzle experience event Reply to this Post

Hello!
I've noticed that many times the pirates with high experience in puzzles are called "no lifers" or other mean things. (I saw that some days ago on a ship: someone with Transcendent experience was almost insulted for having it). This made me think of an event to "pay" the pirates who spent a lot of time on puzzles.
--First of all, the event and rules will be announced on Events Thread
--What pirates have to do to participate? They only need to post their pirate name and ocean
--What contains this event? After the time for signing up expires, every competitor will be checked on his pirate page and give points for their puzzles experience
ex: Broad-1pts. Solid-2pts. Weighty-4pts. Expert-8pts. Paragon-16pts. Illustrious-32pts. and so on for each experience
--The person with the most points wins. About prizes, I'd like to see a familiar for top (tan or colored)
--I was also thinking about making categories Piracy/Carousing/Crafting/Overall, and every pirate is allowed to join only one category, but I suppose Overall should be the winner of the top prize
--Also I'm not sure if prizes for tops should be given on each ocean or only a winner for all oceans.

This is the main idea of the event; I would like to see what you think about it and if there is any chance to run such an event. I haven't seen any similar event in the past so it's going to be something new.
[Aug 29, 2013 4:01:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: Puzzle experience event Reply to this Post

I don't really see this as an event per se, but more of a reward for playing a lot.
----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[Aug 29, 2013 6:03:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Hmmm.....it takes a really long time to gain experience in a puzzle. Also someone could enter and win without even doing any puzzling for the event. It also does not make it fair to all players since not all of them are going to be starting at the novice stat. Its a nice idea though, maybe you can expand on it
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Aug 29, 2013 1:25:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I agree with the others. You actually don't need to do anything to win this event, you just need to sign up, and the person with the highest exp wins.

To make an event out of this, one solution may be people who sign up start a fresh alt, and given a certain amount of time (1month-2months), they see who can gain the most points. (Using your point system or something similar)
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Aug 29, 2013 1:31:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

To make an event out of this, one solution may be people who sign up start a fresh alt, and given a certain amount of time (1month-2months), they see who can gain the most points. (Using your point system or something similar)
Unfortunately there's people who just booch on puzzles with the navy in order to gain experience already (and then hyperrank to get their stat back to normal), so an event like this is leaving it open for people to do something similar.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Aug 29, 2013 7:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Unfortunately there's people who just booch on puzzles with the navy in order to gain experience already (and then hyperrank to get their stat back to normal), so an event like this is leaving it open for people to do something similar.

True... There goes that idea D:
[Aug 29, 2013 7:31:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
upgrade431

They still have to spend time on the puzzle, though. You can't just afk the entire process, or you'd just time out.
-Upgradde on Cerulean and Emerald Ocean

-My words are my own, and are not a representation of others.
[Aug 29, 2013 7:36:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I could sit with my laptop on, on a bilge station and move my mouse once every 13 minutes while I did other things, on or off my computer. I don't think that's what Twittly had in mind when he suggested it.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Aug 29, 2013 7:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I could sit with my laptop on, on a bilge station and move my mouse once every 13 minutes while I did other things, on or off my computer. I don't think that's what Twittly had in mind when he suggested it.

This is correct. I did not have this in mind. There are also auto clickers out there that make them go constantly. :/
[Aug 29, 2013 8:01:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Everyone brings up good points. BUT dont give up!! Running an event is so fun :)))
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Aug 29, 2013 8:58:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates