• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5501 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
ryujinpp

Warbrig pillage on friday noon Sep 23 Reply to this Post

Let's test the reworked booty division

what? pillage on a warbrig
when? friday, sep 23 at noon game time

to thank all who turns up to help with this testing, i'll be paying 2k poe per battle regardless of win/loss payable on yer home ocean (condition being puzzling on station during battle & not straightlining in melee)

all i need is a /tell stating yer pirate name & ocean at any time during the pillage
eg /tell ryujin piratex on opal

i would go through my chatlog at the end of the pillage to tally up the number of battles ye participated and would be logging into all oceans around noon game time over the next few days to /pay ye
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 22, 2016 10:26:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Re: Warbrig pillage on friday noon Sep 23 Reply to this Post

Let's test the reworked booty division

what? pillage on a warbrig
when? friday, sep 23 at noon game time

to thank all who turns up to help with this testing, i'll be paying 2k poe per battle regardless of win/loss payable on yer home ocean (condition being puzzling on station during battle & not straightlining in melee)

all i need is a /tell stating yer pirate name & ocean at any time during the pillage
eg /tell ryujin piratex on opal

i would go through my chatlog at the end of the pillage to tally up the number of battles ye participated and would be logging into all oceans around noon game time over the next few days to /pay ye

I'm in. Just need to do the dishes today and I'll be allowed on. xD Weehoo!
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Sep 22, 2016 10:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

i have been sick but gonna try and log tomorrow for a lil bit once all my three gremlins in bed xxx
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Sep 22, 2016 1:00:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

See you there Ryu :)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Sep 22, 2016 2:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

thanks to all who turned up to assist with this testing
we did 12 battles, winning 53 lavish lockers

but very oddly, all the 53 lockers were converted into poes.. no item

time fer breakfast
will check chatlog later
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 23, 2016 3:50:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

Aye all poe from Ryujin's WB pilly. Also Owl told me that on a solo pillage, she had 4 chest and all were poe only.

perhaps the new algorithm cant divide items equally
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

Ye told Hera, "you must like omelets."
Hera tells ye, ":D I do!"
[Sep 23, 2016 4:17:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Yikes, I'm looking into this now. It seems that something specific to Ice is booching things up, since it's working fine in my test environment. At least we caught this before it went live!

Edit: Well, I just did a quick test on Ice and was able to get a bunch of trinkets from the divvy OK, so it must be something more specific. I'm wondering if the Yeti expedition was a factor...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forculus at Sep 23, 2016 5:10:31 PM]
[Sep 23, 2016 4:56:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

how many lockers do you need for a valid quick test? we have 2 pillages of 4 and 3 boxes respectively, one with BK and TH ignored, the other with BK ignored, no yetis, and only poe.

edit: could recharting be a factor?
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Sep 23, 2016 6:02:11 PM]
[Sep 23, 2016 5:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markus1

Yikes, I'm looking into this now. It seems that something specific to Ice is booching things up, since it's working fine in my test environment. At least we caught this before it went live!

Edit: Well, I just did a quick test on Ice and was able to get a bunch of trinkets from the divvy OK, so it must be something more specific. I'm wondering if the Yeti expedition was a factor...

All three of my Junk pillages had a yeti expo and trinkets were awarded.

That was before the most recent update though...
Zingman

Siochan Leat -- Carpe Noctem -- forever Midnight
[Sep 23, 2016 5:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

saintdiana wrote: 
how many lockers do you need for a valid quick test? we have 2 pillages of 4 and 3 boxes respectively, one with BK and TH ignored, the other with BK ignored, no yetis, and only poe.

Hard to give an exact number, I'd say if you have over 5 lockers and none of them were items, it's pretty likely something didn't work right.

Edit: Tested recharting as well, didn't seem to cause any problems with receiving items.

Markus1 wrote: 
All three of my Junk pillages had a yeti expo and trinkets were awarded.

That was before the most recent update though...

Yeah, before this latest update, it would just give the item to a random person if there wasn't enough info to make a decision. After the update, if no one on the ship has any pillage points, then it will give PoE instead of items. My guess is that something that happened during the warbrig pillage reset the voyage tracking.

I was just able to do a yeti expedition, with ice chests, and still receive items from the lockers, so I haven't figured out specifically what it is yet.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Forculus at Sep 23, 2016 6:18:52 PM]
[Sep 23, 2016 6:05:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

at the end of the pilly i placed 12k inside the booty and Ryujin placed another 32k. Perhaps manually placing poe in the booty messed things up? This would not explain Saintdiana's experience however
Casteless ~Meridrian~, Lincoln ~Ice~, Fazzed ~Cerulean~ Purevoid ~Peasant ocean:Emerald~

[Sep 23, 2016 6:15:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

at the end of the pilly i placed 12k inside the booty and Ryujin placed another 32k. Perhaps manually placing poe in the booty messed things up? This would not explain Saintdiana's experience however

Just tested, doesn't seem to cause any problems. Let me know if you think of anything else out of the ordinary that might have affected things during the pillage. I'll add some additional logging on Ice to help narrow it down.
[Sep 23, 2016 6:30:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

wish i could do a pilly right now im out of town and ill be back tomorrow hopefully i can do something to get atleast 8 - 10 Lockers to find out, i will record the whole thing.

[Sep 23, 2016 6:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

a little more testing..
I. 2 battles, both rumble, won, 4 LLs, all poe
II. 7 battles, 2 of them a loss-re pair, 4sf/3 rumbles, 3 LLs, 1 item+poe

from the latter i've disproved all i could think of overnight: crew shares, all won or not, dnav, mix of rumble/sf, expeditions ignored, route chosen. i died in I.2, and in the II.6 (loss), so it couldn't be full survival. currently out of ideas.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Sep 24, 2016 5:30:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Were any lockers won from other ships without them being dropped by greedies? Like as a commod won in the plunder, rather than dropped?
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 24, 2016 5:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

not today, no. and i didn't lose any, because i had so few in the first place. all those early-grapples, though eventually overcome in the melee, helped none with the greedy numbers.

edit: did the divisions with items all consist of 3 lockers? or possibly multiples of.

glimmer of an idea: i have logs for 5 pillages since the point system, and it looks like the 3 without items had 2-3 leagues of empty sailing before porting, while the 2 with items had a battle in the last league. it would make sense that if something happened, it would be in the interval between last battle and divvy, otherwise any subsequent battles would duly award points (unless that same thing prevented the points ever being added again?).
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 2 times, last edit by saintdiana at Sep 24, 2016 12:48:07 PM]
[Sep 24, 2016 6:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Still seeing just poe from LL's, we did have a yeti expo (whose chests also seemed to be divided on the points system)

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Sep 24, 2016 2:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Still not sure what specifically caused the voyage tracking to occasionally reset, but thanks to the logging added on Ice yesterday, I see how to work around the issue. I'm updating Ice now with a bugfix that should take care of things. Please report back here and let us know how your booty divisions go after this release.
[Sep 24, 2016 5:28:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

So, you've fixed the poe issue in LL's, we didnt get any. But the booty division is still warped.

3 people, 2 did 11 battles, 1 did 4 - the person who did 4 got more than one of the people who did 11 and the same as the final person aboard. Don't think the point system is working properly still.

[Sep 25, 2016 5:34:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

So, you've fixed the poe issue in LL's, we didnt get any. But the booty division is still warped.

3 people, 2 did 11 battles, 1 did 4 - the person who did 4 got more than one of the people who did 11 and the same as the final person aboard. Don't think the point system is working properly still.

This is the one report I've seen of an issue since the Sept. 24th release, server logs confirm what you're reporting. I'm looking into this further and adding some more logging to help track down what might have happened in this case.
[Sep 26, 2016 1:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

apology fer some delay in extracting stuffs from chatlog after the pillage.. been busy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gof2iVJdS6SsnqZOsnHWgkwWkiVML0M39ss1ZBFbIWg/edit?usp=sharing
we had 5, 5 and 3 swabbies on the first 3 battles
no swabbies fer battle 4-12
we peaked at 21 onboard fer the 12th battle
we had a total of 25 pirates throughout the entire voyage

the list of "participation" poes payable on yer choice ocean are:
Aardappel, 7 battles, 14000 poe
Babydolls, 10 battles, 20000 poe
Breccia, 4 battles, 8000 poe
Calamarie, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Cordles, 8 battles, 16000 poe
Donsmythe, 4 battles, 8000 poe
Eldiablo, 1 battles, 2000 poe
Gunnerfreak, 9 battles, 18000 poe
Hyoeun, 6 battles, 12000 poe
Jadesasai, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Kickhead, 2 battles, 4000 poe
Krakenlover, 4 battles, 8000 poe
Kriscri, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Lincoln, 8 battles, 16000 poe
Notowl, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Pi, 10 battles, 20000 poe
Piranne, 6 battles, 12000 poe
Scotty, 1 battles, 2000 poe
Shadette, 8 battles, 16000 poe
Skipster, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Starwitch, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Ttoonnyy, 12 battles, 24000 poe
Wisery, 5 battles, 10000 poe
Zingman, 5 battles, 10000 poe

only a few sent me /tells on their main ocean & pirate name during the pillage
those who have not done so, pls PM me

as fer fellow ceruleanites, ye may choose to receive yer poe on any of the dub ocean if ye like (fer dubscribing etc).. either PM me or lemme know when i find ye on cerulean

note:
there is no infringement on cross ocean trades because this is not a trade
i did not receive any poe from these pirates from any ocean
the "participation" poe is a one way transfer from me

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 27, 2016 4:49:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Fazzed

i'll pass, thanks though.

I enjoyed the run and came to test out further :)

[Sep 27, 2016 9:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates