• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4103 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Stormsurger

[SUGGESTION] Sea Battles and Merchants, and more. Reply to this Post

Ahoy, I have a few suggestions:

1) Would it be possible for Sea Battles to be made easier for solo pirates?

2) Would it be possible to increase the merchant spawn rate so islands will have commodities?

3) Would it be possible to enable all LE stuff?

4) The possibility of bringing sloop prices down in the palace shop (and/or adding the LEs to the palace shop)

Thanks for your time.
----------------------------------------
Taskmaster - Meridian Ocean

[Feb 8, 2016 4:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: [SUGGESTION] Sea Battles and Merchants, and more. Reply to this Post

Personally, I find it very easy to solo. If you are good at both guns and battle nav, it's really very easy, even if you are doing both at the same time. Is there a particular reason for this request?

2) Would it be possible to increase the merchant spawn rate so islands will have commodities?
No easy answer for this one on Ice. At least, not that I'm aware of. A few more merchants would indeed be nice, but that could cripple the already-weak economy with a large surplus of material.

What are you asking here? If you're talking about making anything that has been LE available again, I am strongly opposed - that is kind of the point of "Limited Edition". If you're talking about making some LE things available again - I can see it for some royal blue items (especially royal blue trinkets), and mystery boxes do this already. But for ships and monthly rewards, I strongly disagree. On Ice, I am not quite as opposed, but it is still a fairly strong opposition. Say, only 6/10 instead of 9/10.

4) The possibility of bringing sloop prices down in the palace shop (and/or adding the LEs to the palace shop)
Bringing down regular sloop prices, I disagree with. You can earn money relatively quickly on Ice. If nothing else, the navy pays double production oceans. Making LE ships available - that one is tougher. There are actual shopkeepers on Ice who do try to make LE ships available, and I wouldn't want to hurt them. My inclination is that if LE ships are made available from the Palace Shoppe, they should cost at least double (if not triple) the highest available buy price from shoppes/stalls, or set to 200K (or more) if no shoppes/stalls are selling the ship (wait a few days after the ship is released before doing this)

Thanks for your time.
Thanks for your suggestions. Even though I disagreed with most of them, good suggestions are wonderful.

I am happy to be corrected if anything I said above is incorrect.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Feb 8, 2016 12:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Stormsurger

Personally, I find it very easy to solo. If you are good at both guns and battle nav, it's really very easy, even if you are doing both at the same time. Is there a particular reason for this request?
IE: When on a sloop, more reasonable sized ships should spawn, and shouldn't all be imperial.

No easy answer for this one on Ice. At least, not that I'm aware of. A few more merchants would indeed be nice, but that could cripple the already-weak economy with a large surplus of material.
A small increase, something that would generate most herbs for apoths.

What are you asking here? If you're talking about making anything that has been LE available again, I am strongly opposed - that is kind of the point of "Limited Edition". If you're talking about making some LE things available again - I can see it for some royal blue items (especially royal blue trinkets), and mystery boxes do this already. But for ships and monthly rewards, I strongly disagree. On Ice, I am not quite as opposed, but it is still a fairly strong opposition. Say, only 6/10 instead of 9/10.
Current LE ships, such as the Lovestruck.

Bringing down regular sloop prices, I disagree with. You can earn money relatively quickly on Ice. If nothing else, the navy pays double production oceans. Making LE ships available - that one is tougher. There are actual shopkeepers on Ice who do try to make LE ships available, and I wouldn't want to hurt them. My inclination is that if LE ships are made available from the Palace Shoppe, they should cost at least double (if not triple) the highest available buy price from shoppes/stalls, or set to 200K (or more) if no shoppes/stalls are selling the ship (wait a few days after the ship is released before doing this)
I remember a time where they used to be cheaper, would love to see something like that again.

Thanks for your time.
Thanks for your suggestions. Even though I disagreed with most of them, good suggestions are wonderful.

I am happy to be corrected if anything I said above is incorrect.

Made some reasoning :)
Taskmaster - Meridian Ocean

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stormsurger at Feb 8, 2016 1:35:49 PM]
[Feb 8, 2016 1:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

IE: When on a sloop, more reasonable sized ships should spawn, and shouldn't all be imperial.
I haven't noticed weird sizes spawning - I almost always get a 12-capacity ship (cutter, dhow, or fanchuan) when soloing, and fanchuans are rare. This is true (for me) on both Ice and Emerald. I also always spawn Imperials on both. Maybe the lower end of the curve is skewed on Ice - I'd definitely believe it. Maybe they could make spawns more sensitive to the difficulty slider on Ice?

A small increase, something that would generate most herbs for apoths.
In principle, I'm fine with it. It would depend on what people actively running stalls/shoppes on Ice think about it. For a little bit of context, the wiki says:

Some minerals and herbs don't spawn in high or low enough amounts due to a bug in the dynamic spawn system in a small-scale economy. People have tried to jump start the bidding by putting higher prices on bid tickets than usual, but this method seems to not work. Currently, manual adjustment of spawn rates by the Ringers is required.
So if you're having issues getting a specific herb, even with sufficient buy prices, you can try sending a petition on a production ocean to see if a Ringer (OM/dev) will poke around for you.

Current LE ships, such as the Lovestruck.
Regarding current LE ships only, I responded above:

Making LE ships available - that one is tougher. There are actual shopkeepers on Ice who do try to make LE ships available, and I wouldn't want to hurt them. My inclination is that if LE ships are made available from the Palace Shoppe, they should cost at least double (if not triple) the highest available buy price from shoppes/stalls, or set to 200K (or more) if no shoppes/stalls are selling the ship (wait a few days after the ship is released before doing this).

I remember a time where they used to be cheaper, would love to see something like that again.
If my memory serves me correctly, they will do this on occasion when there are new things to test (I am specifically thinking of Kraken). I can't find any specific mention of this in the changelog, but you can find a good discussion of that particular topic here.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Feb 9, 2016 8:32:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
estonianguy

Ahoy, I have a few suggestions:

Thanks for your time.

1. use greeter pillaging mode and avoid interarch

2. pay enough and they will come, you might need to double or more your offer because most of the stuff is held by old hoarders who have thosands and thousands of the stuff and the game thinks there is enough around at current price point and population. Note that due to the small number of islands there are few commodities that are delivered by merchants, the rest you have to bid and sail yourself.

3,4 it's a testing ocean, not your personal sandbox
Xzomg
[Edit 1 times, last edit by estonianguy at Mar 9, 2016 12:04:02 AM]
[Mar 8, 2016 11:58:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates