• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 107770 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
RedSeaWitch

Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

this baffles me

I had small discrepancies like that before, just never took a screenie. Tonight, it just sort of bothered me.

Background:
I'm in Tinga, going to Alpha with Gems, picking up and dropping off stuff along the way. I've set the Island-to-Island

Start Spring (already did Tinga)
Destination (multiple) Emp, Eps, Guava, Cnossos, Alpha

As apparent from the screenie, there's 364 units of iron at 12 poe. 18 are for Emp at 13, 346 total for Guava: 300 at 14, 46 at 13. Makes 364.

Does it take an average of all units sold?

When I switch and make it a single island-to-island transaction, Spring to Emperor, it's correct:

Spring sells 18 at 12, Emp buy 18 at 13, profit 18.

Maybe I answered my own question, and maybe I should check 1 on 1, rather than 1 on all along the route.
----------------------------------------
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Sep 30, 2009 9:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

Hmm.... I'll have to look into this. I see what you're getting at, in that the profit calculation doesn't appear correct. Thanks for pointing this out.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Sep 30, 2009 10:11:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Next development release Reply to this Post

Ahoy all,

Let me give you an idea of what is going to be coming down the pike in the next couple days. I will be making an unstable release of the next version of the Trade Profiteer, which will include support for large fonts and Java 6. My target for release is Sunday at the latest (Central Daylight Time), and everything appears on target.

First, this release will be an alpha release. For those who don't know, this means the release will be feature incomplete (won't have everything targeted for the next stable release), and you may encounter some bugs and issues -- I haven't encountered anything that has crashed my computer, so that is a good sign.

Now I've gone to lengths to allow both the stable release (1.0.1331) and this upcoming unstable release (1.1.[something]) to be installed at the same time on your computer. Plus the version detection will only detect new development versions, and the stable versions will only be able to detect new stable versions, though I may expand this to detect both, or make it a configuration option. What do you think?

So keep an eye out in the next couple days for news of an unstable release, if you're willing to test it. I'm also getting a different bug tracker up and running on my web site that should be less intimidating to the novice so you can report any bugs you do find.

Fair winds.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Oct 16, 2009 12:44:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: New beta released Reply to this Post

New version: 1.0.1218

A new release of the Trade Profiteer has been stamped and made available on the Colony West Software company download repository.

Changes:

• New option to automatically check for a new version once per day. If a new version is discovered, it will show a message box.
  • Messages now displayed if options in Puzzle Pirates are enabled that may interfere with the ability to scan in data. Those options include:

• Large fonts
    • Anti-aliased fonts

Download and give this new version a try. Be sure to report any issues you find.

YAY!
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 16, 2009 1:33:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

New version: 1.0.1218

A new release of the Trade Profiteer has been stamped and made available on the Colony West Software company download repository.

Changes:

• New option to automatically check for a new version once per day. If a new version is discovered, it will show a message box.
  • Messages now displayed if options in Puzzle Pirates are enabled that may interfere with the ability to scan in data. Those options include:

• Large fonts
    • Anti-aliased fonts

Download and give this new version a try. Be sure to report any issues you find.

YAY!

Brandishwar, did you just delete your [quoted] post while i was answering? Or am I just going insane????? I was wondering where the link was, as your Home Page only shows the new stable 1.0.1331 version

I suppose that doesn't work on JRE 6 yet? And Large Fonts are not in 1331, either, are they?
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedSeaWitch at Oct 16, 2009 1:42:27 PM]
[Oct 16, 2009 1:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Brandishwar, did you just delete your [quoted] post while i was answering? Or am I just going insane????? I was wondering where the link was, as your Home Page only shows the new stable 1.0.1331 version

I suppose that doesn't work on JRE 6 yet? And Large Fonts are not in 1331, either, are they?

Nope, you must be losing it... But yeah, Java 6 and Large Font support is not in 1.0.1331, but it will be in the upcoming unstable release. I'll be posting when the development release is available.
[Oct 16, 2009 1:46:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Trade Profiteer ? New development release Reply to this Post

This is the release I mentioned before.

New version: 1.1.123 (alpha)

There is a new version of the Trade Profiteer available, and it's a development release. Before you install it, there are a couple things you need to know.

First, it will install separate from the main stable release, allowing you to have both the stable and development releases installed on your system.

Second, after it is installed, there will be a shortcut in the Start Menu group called "Install Java Access Bridge". Run it after it's installed, this will install the Java Access Bridge which is used as the new communication system for importing the data.

Otherwise, everything else is like it was. I will have a bug tracker up soon so you can report bugs. Until then, send me any bugs you need to report.

This release will work on Java 6 and with large fonts.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Oct 23, 2009 8:13:25 PM]
[Oct 23, 2009 8:10:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer ? New development release Reply to this Post

well, danged... I downloaded and installed as you described. When installing the java access bridge, it told me it was already installed and did i want to overwrite, which I did.

The stable version still works fine, no problems.

The dev version give all sort of error messages, things that I've heard other people complain about before with the stable version:

first window on top of PPTP, after clicking import:

Commodity Market Data Import
press the start button....

second window on top of that

Saving Data to database
please wait while the data is being saved...

this second window is covered by a third:

Trader
Puzzle Pirates does not appear to be running or no clients are running for the Midnight Ocean.

(clicking ok)

Trader (message changed)
Unable to find any Puzzle Pirate client window

This is with small fonts.

When I had the setting for large and antialiased fonts, it also gave me the standard error about being unable to function with these settings.

Any hints on what I should do would be appreciated
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 24, 2009 10:08:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

What operating system are you running? I probably should have also added that Puzzle Pirates cannot be running when you run the installer for the Java Access Bridge. Did you try shutting down Puzzle Pirates and restarting it?
[Oct 24, 2009 12:00:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Running XP.

Restarted client and PPTP, same thing. I'm going to uninstall, and try again.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 24, 2009 2:19:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

uninstalled.
YPP closed
reinstalled dev version
install java access bridge
-already installed - overwrite

open YPP
open PPTP-dev

error window: the setting "Use Larger Fonts" seems to be enabled in Puzzle Pirates. This setting will make it impossible for the Trade Profiteer to import the commodity information. Disable this setting before continuing.

Clicking ok gives me the PPTP client
and when attempting to import data, the error messages as mention previously, appear

close PPTP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disable large fonts in YPP (bummer :( )
restart YPP, open Market Commodities window

start PPTP -
no large font message this time

attempting to import data
error messages as mentioned previously

Tried on different oceans, including Ice - no dice :(

~~~~~~~~~

System runs on XP

Running YPP on java 1.5.0_20

Ice Client short cut "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_20\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

Production short cut "C:\Program Files\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates\java\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-dop.jar .

Both those work fine with the stable version.

What I did notice when installing the Java Access Bridge was, that the installation process referred to Java 1.4 in one of the flash screens

hope this helps :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 24, 2009 4:27:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Thanks for the detailed response. Okay let's see if I can break this down...

First, the large font setting error was a bug unto itself. I should've removed that before cutting the release, as the large font setting is not a problem in the development version.

Second, I have a small question: do you also have a 1.6 version of the JRE installed? If so, the Java Access Bridge is being installed under the latest version of the JRE you have. This is probably why the Trade Profiteer will not work. If you used the utility to create a desktop shortcut to run under JRE 1.5, you need to use the main Puzzle Pirates shortcut that runs under JRE 1.6 (Java 6).

Let me know how that works out for you. I'll make the changes to take away that large fonts error message as well.
[Oct 24, 2009 9:09:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Second, I have a small question: do you also have a 1.6 version of the JRE installed? If so, the Java Access Bridge is being installed under the latest version of the JRE you have. This is probably why the Trade Profiteer will not work. If you used the utility to create a desktop shortcut to run under JRE 1.5, you need to use the main Puzzle Pirates shortcut that runs under JRE 1.6 (Java 6).

Let me know how that works out for you. I'll make the changes to take away that large fonts error message as well.

Well, yes, I have 1.6.0_13 installed as well as a couple older ones.
So, I made another shortcut, with this one as target. YPP runs fine, but I get same error messages for PPTP.

But 5 or 6 doesn't explain the splash for 4.. that puzzles me too
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 25, 2009 12:54:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Well, yes, I have 1.6.0_13 installed as well as a couple older ones. So, I made another shortcut, with this one as target. YPP runs fine, but I get same error messages for PPTP.

But 5 or 6 doesn't explain the splash for 4.. that puzzles me too

The message regarding Java 4 I presume is regarding the file jaccess-1_4.jar (or something similar). This is because the Java Access Bridge hasn't been updated since Java 4, because no update was needed as it works with Java 5 and 6.

Hmm... okay this is really starting to confuse me. I looked at this quite a bit last night and I think I have an idea or two to try, and I'll mention those later. In the mean time, here's what you can look at (I'm writing this post at work).

If the Java Access Bridge installed properly, since you have JRE 1.6.0_13 installed, it should be installed to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext". There should be 4 files installed there: jaccess-1_4.jar, access-bridge.jar, JAWTAccessBridge.dll, and JavaAccessBridge.dll. In the folder "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib" there should be a file called "accessibility.properties". All of these files need to be in place for the access bridge to have been installed properly. Is this the case with your computer?

Thank you for your patience on this. Hopefully we'll get you up and running soon so you can start playing with the new version.
[Oct 26, 2009 9:55:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

If the Java Access Bridge installed properly, since you have JRE 1.6.0_13 installed, it should be installed to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext". There should be 4 files installed there: jaccess-1_4.jar, access-bridge.jar, JAWTAccessBridge.dll, and JavaAccessBridge.dll. In the folder "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib" there should be a file called "accessibility.properties". All of these files need to be in place for the access bridge to have been installed properly. Is this the case with your computer?

Thank you for your patience on this. Hopefully we'll get you up and running soon so you can start playing with the new version.

Found it exactly at this location.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 26, 2009 4:06:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer - stable version problems Reply to this Post

Posting this for a friend whom I attempted to help install PPTP.

These are issues, that came up for her:

1. partitioned drives - all programs go on D: drive, but PPTP doesn't even ask and installs on C:
any work around for that?

2. system is set to 16 bit, but PPTP requires 24 or 32 bit

We changed it to 32 bits, but that screwed up the display of everything else. She really needs it at 16bit. Any ideas about that?

Of course, we did install PPTP, created the shortcuts, got the target properly pointing to the newly dl'd JRE 5, etc... in the end PPTP said, YPP doesn't seem to be running, which we attributed to YPP being on D: drive, not on C:

Thanks for all your help :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 26, 2009 4:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

First, let me say that I attempted to reproduce your issue and still have not been able to. I set up a virtual machine with Windows XP Pro with SP3 and the version of Java you are running. Are you running XP Home instead of XP Pro? That could make the difference. In case you're not aware, you can find out by going to your system settings through the Control Panel. Or if you have a "My Computer" icon on the desktop, you can right-click on it and select Properties.

Needless to say, though, I'm stumped, but I'll keep on it as I want to get you to a point where you can start working with it, and possibly install it on your friend's computer instead of the current stable version. I think I'll have to add a logging feature into the Trade Profiteer to see if that can help track down what's going on. Again, thanks for your patience.

On to the issues with your friend's setup...

1. partitioned drives - all programs go on D: drive, but PPTP doesn't even ask and installs on C:

I'll consider adding that to the installation program. I didn't originally think it would be necessary, but I'll see about adding it.

We changed it to 32 bits, but that screwed up the display of everything else. She really needs it at 16bit. Any ideas about that?

Is her desktop settings configured for 16-bit color? If so, that would explain the screwy color. Unfortunately, though, I'm not going to be doing any work on the OCR code. So on that mark, unfortunately your friend is a little out of luck.

Of course, we did install PPTP, created the shortcuts, got the target properly pointing to the newly dl'd JRE 5, etc... in the end PPTP said, YPP doesn't seem to be running, which we attributed to YPP being on D: drive, not on C:

That's not the reason. I'd have to look into it more to find out why the Trade Profiteer didn't see the client window, but it had nothing to do with the fact that YPP is on the D: drive.
[Oct 27, 2009 8:58:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer - unstable version problems Reply to this Post

Are you running XP Home instead of XP Pro?

XP Pro SP3 on Dell Laptop
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 27, 2009 10:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I'll consider adding that to the installation program. I didn't originally think it would be necessary, but I'll see about adding it.

Thanks. I'm sure it'll be helpful if the program can ask at installation where to put it. On my PC's I've not only multiple partitions but multiple hard drives as well.

Is her desktop settings configured for 16-bit color? If so, that would explain the screwy color. Unfortunately, though, I'm not going to be doing any work on the OCR code. So on that mark, unfortunately your friend is a little out of luck.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there's a significant part of the Y!PP population that's approaching or has reached, Senior Citizen age. With that come health issue and eye sight issues. And some of us have to employ special methods to be able to read and see and distinguish shapes. 16 bit helps with that.

On the other hand, I understand that's a lot of work for a free program. We'll have to see how it looks when/if we get it to work. For the moment, I think, she's decided to wait for the unstable version to be stabilized.

That's not the reason. I'd have to look into it more to find out why the Trade Profiteer didn't see the client window, but it had nothing to do with the fact that YPP is on the D: drive.

Sorry we bombard you with all these problems. Just making sure you know what issues are out there.

There are several hearties of mine on Midnight, who are chomping at the bit to get it to work. Most of them need Large Fonts... did I mention, we's all old in body and young in mind? ;)

Good work, though, Arc...

btw. the screenie I had posted about the profit convinced some of them, that this is much mo' bettah than the bleach thing :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 27, 2009 10:54:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there's a significant part of the Y!PP population that's approaching or has reached, Senior Citizen age. With that come health issue and eye sight issues. And some of us have to employ special methods to be able to read and see and distinguish shapes. 16 bit helps with that.

On the other hand, I understand that's a lot of work for a free program. We'll have to see how it looks when/if we get it to work. For the moment, I think, she's decided to wait for the unstable version to be stabilized.

I understand this, as one of my allies on Viridian is also a senior citizen, but I'm retiring the OCR code completely unless I have a very compelling reason to keep it around. The Java Access Bridge is intended to be its replacement. It will be a lot more capable than the OCR code (once we can figure out what is going wrong...).

Sorry we bombard you with all these problems. Just making sure you know what issues are out there.

There are several hearties of mine on Midnight, who are chomping at the bit to get it to work. Most of them need Large Fonts... did I mention, we's all old in body and young in mind? ;)

Don't be. It's better the issues are reported so they can be handled rather than sitting on them hoping I'll discover them on my own. I do, after all, have only a limited capacity for testing.

Accessibility is also a major field for application development because there is a growing aging and aged population who shouldn't be excluded from computers and the Internet population because of a certain need. That's actually the other reason I'm working with the Java Access Bridge: you can have Y!PP and your system configured however you need and it should (hopefully) just work.

Good work, though, Arc...

btw. the screenie I had posted about the profit convinced some of them, that this is much mo' bettah than the bleach thing :)

I'm glad to hear this. Again thank you for your patience in helping with this. And if you have any ideas on how to make this program easier to use, pass 'em on. I'm always open to suggestions.
[Oct 27, 2009 12:01:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer - stable version oops :) Reply to this Post

yay.. inter-ocean trading

It took a moment to sink in, since I play on more than one ocean. In this case, I was checking Madder prices on Midnight. As you can see from the screenie, it listed islands from several oceans. I'd been on Crimson and Ice, probably Hunter and Cobalt, too, over the past few days and probably didn't clean the data. But I don't think you meant this to happen
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Oct 30, 2009 10:14:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

But I don't think you meant this to happen

You would be correct on that. I think I'll be cutting a release soon to take care of this issue.
[Oct 31, 2009 1:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

New version: 1.0.1531

This release is an update to the stable release of the Trade Profiteer and answers the concern that RedSeaWitch just provided.
[Oct 31, 2009 9:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

New version 1.1.209

This version fixes a number of issues with the current development line:

TP-1 - Search results from between oceans appearing

TP-2 - Verify data import can support a "no data" import

Further, it has an improved installer for the Java Access Bridge which should allow for an easier installation on some systems. This should help alleviate your installation problems, RedSeaWitch.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Nov 9, 2009 9:45:33 PM]
[Nov 9, 2009 9:40:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

New version 1.1.209

This version fixes a number of issues with the current development line:

TP-1 - Search results from between oceans appearing

TP-2 - Verify data import can support a "no data" import

Further, it has an improved installer for the Java Access Bridge which should allow for an easier installation on some systems. This should help alleviate your installation problems, RedSeaWitch.

This then is the unstable version?
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Nov 11, 2009 9:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

It is, and it is still an alpha release because it is not yet feature complete. There are two major features that I will be implementing before promoting this to a beta release, along with some minor features that might come up here or there.

For example, one minor feature I implemented is a checkbox on the data import that will allow you to automatically launch a shore trade display of the last imported island when you click the Done button on the import dialog.

One of the major features is a database update routine, allowing for updates to the structure of the database, and the data inside it. That feature will be necessary for the next major feature: cargo planning.

Have you attempted installation and were you also able to install the Java Access Bridge? I changed how it tries to search for the JRE to use by having it first look for the Puzzle Pirates shortcut in the desktop and start menu.
[Nov 12, 2009 8:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

I tried, had problems and got side tracked by the Ice update :)

I'm not sure how to install the update. Do you think, I should uninstall the old version, incl Java Bridge, and do a fresh install of the new version?

It sounds exciting. I do a lot of trading, which your program makes a lot easier. The additions you're talking about will just blow this out of the water... Wow and double-Wow :)
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Nov 12, 2009 8:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I'm clearly seeing my deficiencies in the ways of documentation. Anyway...

You can just run the installer. No need to uninstall anything as it'll do that for you, then install in place. Then run the installer for the Java Access Bridge. It'll attempt to locate the main shortcut for Puzzle Pirates on the desktop (the one created when Y!PP was installed) and use that to determine where to install the bridge.

Let me know if you still have trouble. I might have to set up an interactive support session to try to figure out what is going wrong. If I feel I need to do this, I'll PM you and try to find you on Midnight (I'm Arcturis on all oceans).

I should also point out that the data update and cargo planning features are not implemented yet. Those are on the way. The feature about automatically initiating a shore trade analysis of the last imported island is implemented, though.
[Nov 12, 2009 9:13:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

hmm... sorry to be a bother ...

installed PPTP Dev version.. then attempted to install java bridge:

error message window:

Autolt Error:
Line -1:

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

that came up both times, when I tried to install with YPP open and closed

As for interactive support, why, that would be nice. I'm on most oceans, though mostly Midnight, Ice and less often Crimson and Cobalt, where I'm Rumpumpel.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Nov 13, 2009 1:28:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Updates Reply to this Post

Let me give everyone an idea of what's coming down the pike with the Trade Profiteer.

First, I've been actively at work trying to finish out the major features. This has been difficult given that deadlines are fast approaching at the company that employs me full time, but I'm doing my best to balance the time while still putting together something useful.

I've gotten quite a lot of kind remarks from the small community of users. I've also been getting some feedback on the version in development from those who have been testing it and the feedback is very positive, even with the problems installing the Java Access Bridge -- still working out the kinks there.

Now let's talk features, big and small.

First, on the small feature front is a setting on the data import dialog (the one with the Start button) that will allow you to automatically launch a shore trade analysis on the last imported island when you're done importing data. This should cut some time from what is needed to bring up usable information, and in profiteering, time spent can certainly translate into lost profits (something I know all too well).

Also on the small feature front, I've decided to take the "Data Age" tab and make it a window that is launched from a menu option. So to see how old the data is, you would use the Data menu and select "Data Age" instead of scrolling the tabs to the right till you found it at the end.

Now one of the beauties of the Java Access Bridge is that it provides instant support for Java 5 and Java 6, regardless of the display options you have configured (thank you, RedSeaWitch for your testing on that) -- large fonts, regular fonts, antialiased fonts.

But there is one big feature that has been requested since the first betas hit the Internet -- cargo planning. I won't go into details yet as I've just started working on this feature. So it's safe to say right now that even I don't know all of what it will contain. But I'll certainly release details when the feature is ready to go.

Feedback is certainly welcome -- let me rephrase that, constructive feedback is welcome. And be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
[Nov 23, 2009 3:52:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates