• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 107767 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
spoole

Re: Updates Reply to this Post

im stuck using it when i try to dounload data it says

Fatal error while trying to detect the couumns in the market window
can you explain what to do. preferably all of how to use the tool.

thanks
[Feb 22, 2010 10:31:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

im stuck using it when i try to dounload data it says

Fatal error while trying to detect the couumns in the market window
can you explain what to do. preferably all of how to use the tool.

thanks

Given this error, I'm going to assume you're using version 1.0.1531.

Sometimes it'll throw back this error if you go to the commodity market and try to do an import "too quick", but if you try again it should work the second time. Other times you might need to click onto the Puzzle Pirates window after the commodity market comes up, then back onto the Trade Profiteer before importing the data.... it's definitely full of quirks, which is why the version under development doesn't use the OCR code at all.
----------------------------------------
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Feb 22, 2010 12:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markjanssen

Re: Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

So, I downloaded and had a few struggles, but was eventually able to get this program to work by following your instructions about downloading the Java 1.5 Enviroment.

The problem I'm having is still with Java though. I had it working last night, but now that I have outdated Java on my computer, I recieve a continuous stream of Windows 7 notifications telling me to update Java.
I'm sure with a little work I could turn these off, but I wanted to check with you to see if there was something I could do to make the program compatible with 1.6 instead of running outdated Java.
Markajanssen on the Hunter Ocean
Member of Raiders
[Feb 24, 2010 11:48:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markjanssen

Okay I've been working with this for the last few 2 hours and here's where i am at:

I have both Profiteers installed. The Stable and "Unstable"
I am running Windows 7 and according to "Programs and Features" (Add and remove program) I have
J2SE Runtime Enviroment 5.0 Update 22
When I run puzzle pirates the about section says:
1.5.0_22
When I stand at Aimuari on Hunter the "unstable version says it can't find a Hunter ocean client and that there are no puzzle pirate windows open"
The "stable one" will search through all of the commodities and then say it doesn't know what island I'm on. I tell it Aim and it asks for a building and the drop down is blank. I hit cancel to "continue without this information" and it returns 0 of 0.
Member of Raiders
[Feb 24, 2010 2:48:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markjanssen

Re: Puzzle Pirates Trade Profiteer Reply to this Post

Okay, now I've taken off Java 6 again and have the
Runtime 5 and puzzle pirates says: 1.5.0_22.

The stable version seems to be working now... what the problem was that somewhere admist uninstalling and reinstalling, anti-aliasing fonts got rechecked. Fixed that and the old version works.

Still cannot get the new feature version to work but I may make due.

I haven't had a barrage of notifications like i did last night telling me my java was out of date. Will keep you posted.
Member of Raiders
[Feb 24, 2010 3:45:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

When I stand at Aimuari on Hunter the "unstable version says it can't find a Hunter ocean client and that there are no puzzle pirate windows open"

For the development version, you need to run the shortcut "Install Java Access Bridge" in the Start Menu folder. It should detect your Java 6 installation and install for it, so you can use Puzzle Pirates through Java 6.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Feb 24, 2010 3:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markjanssen

"Could not create the file C:\Program Files (x86) \java\jre.5.0_22\lib\accessibility.properties."
Member of Raiders
[Feb 24, 2010 4:39:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

That's right, you're on Windows 7. Navigate to the start menu folder again, except right click on the "Install Java Access Bridge" shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". I would recommend installing Java 6 as well since it appears the script is detecting a Java 5 installation.
[Feb 24, 2010 5:14:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markjanssen

You are a master! Seems to be working! I'm going to run to all the islands and get baseline numbers and then let you know of anything!
Member of Raiders
[Feb 24, 2010 5:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maskforum

I'm curious if you will be making a Mac version, or will I just have to boot camp it?
Mask - Hunter Ocean
Imin - Viridian Ocean
Island degisner
[Feb 24, 2010 8:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I'm curious if you will be making a Mac version, or will I just have to boot camp it?

It is my intent to port this application to other platforms, but it won't come quick. The bigger challenge might be getting ahold of a Mac for a price that is affordable.
[Feb 24, 2010 9:59:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Trade Profiteer - 1.1.528 Reply to this Post

It's time for a new version of the Trade Profiteer. This release includes only one enhancement:

TP-15 - Add commodity buy/sell summary

This feature was showcased in part in an earlier blog post, and now it's available for everyone to play with. It's nothing more than just a display of what has been imported for a particular island and could use some enhancements.

Java Access Bridge

There is a new caveat regarding the installer for the Java Access Bridge - it will try to obtain administrator privileges before installing, and Windows may ask you if you want to continue. This is normal, and you need to allow the script to run with administrator privileges.

Mac and Linux versions

Since the Trade Profiteer was initially released, there has been a few posts to the forum asking whether this program will be ported to other platforms. The only answer I've been able to give is "eventually".

I do intend to port the application to a framework that allows for easy cross-platform builds. The one I'm eyeing at the moment is wxWidgets. It's been around for almost 20 years, has a huge community and is well-supported on all platforms I intend to target and then some.

There is one minor caveat. Like the previous version was locked to Windows because of the OCR code, this version is unfortunately tied to Windows because of the Java Access Bridge. There is a version of the Java Access Bridge for Linux and GNOME that I've seen around the web, but I've not yet found one for Mac OS X - if anyone finds one, please post a comment with the link or send it to me through the forum's PM.

I'm also considering just porting the library over to wxWidgets - I'm not entirely sure at the moment how feasible that would be.

But once the 1.2 version of the Trade Profiteer has been released - meaning when all features have been finalized and the "insane profit bug" handled in some fashion, among other issues that may crop up - then development will transition over to developing the Trade Profiteer using wxWidgets.

Fair winds.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Feb 28, 2010 8:21:34 PM]
[Feb 28, 2010 8:20:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Trade Profiteer - 1.1.528 Reply to this Post

Wasn't doing much trading since the update, but now I'm back in the game :)

I've noticed that you will get error message if you switch oceans. Like this: I closed Ice Client, opened standard client, switched PPTP ocean from Ice to Midnight - error message: client seems not to be running. Closing PPTP and reopening took care of that.

This has happened before, I believe even before the update, and yes, I'm a bad pirate. I shoulda told ye :)

other than that, everything seems to work fine. The insane profit bug still makes me giggle every time it happens, but I DO check, and lo and behold, every so often it's tr00 ;)

great job, Brandishwar. Keep up the good work.

PS: at some point, do you think it will be possible to resize the window, especially now that you've added another tab?

PPS: for the new feature, Island Review: what is your criteria for the order in which the dockside vendors are listed? At the moment, it looks a bit nilly-willy and I can't see an order: either highest buyer or lowest seller or Alphabetical order.

Edited: to add the PS and PPS, since it's the last post anyway atm
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Edit 2 times, last edit by RedSeaWitch at Mar 7, 2010 8:01:18 PM]
[Mar 4, 2010 4:59:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

I was just thinking... as I am now playing on 3 oceans on a regular basis.... would it be possible to move the ocean selector from the File -> Options -> Primary Ocean to directly on the program main interface?

There seems to be plenty of space for the dropbox gadget there, either up on the menubar area on the right, or even in the middle where the other buttons are.

It would make it so much easier when switching between oceans.

I haven't had any error messages when switching, so far. I do add my opinion to Windwench's though, great work on the whole thing. Couldn't live without it now :)

Resizing would be awesome too (hint, hint)

P.S. Having the selector on the main page would also remind you which ocean you currently have data shown for (I just got surprosed on Ice when I searched for Sugar Cane buyers, and got all Midnight's islands... lol)
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by algybot at Mar 24, 2010 12:37:22 AM]
[Mar 23, 2010 7:03:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

I was just thinking... as I am now playing on 3 oceans on a regular basis.... would it be possible to move the ocean selector from the File -> Options -> Primary Ocean to directly on the program main interface?

Would you mind clarifying on what you mean by "directly on the program main interface"? Aside from in the options dialog, where are you preferring to see the option to change oceans?
[Mar 25, 2010 10:35:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Right on the main page that the program loads up. Here is a quick and dirty paint job to show you :)

If it was in that top right position, it would allow switching no matter what tab you currently had open, but I know the menubar is a bit of a headache on the PC for programmers, so the second choice, on the Island to Island (main page?) tab would work fine.

The width of the dropbox chooser could be lessened, to allow you to fit it easily, as none of the oceans fills more than half the current width.

It's not a major thing Brandishwar, and I'm sure you have things of much higher priority to deal with, but I think it would be nice to have ocean switching that bit more accessible :)
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[Mar 25, 2010 11:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
larspcus2

With the unstable version, when I set all islands as start and destination, the program hangs when it gets to Rambutan. I do have the patch installed.
EDIT: and now it doesn't hang. weird.

EDIT 2: It hung on limes today in a shore trade on Lima. After doing another data collection, it worked fine.
Specs:

Java version: 1.6.0_18
Lar on Viridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by larspcus2 at Apr 4, 2010 1:48:16 PM]
[Apr 3, 2010 8:23:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

This is what I got on Cobalt today:

The Lateral Trade reported that there was 1 unit of Persimmon Cloth available at 350, to be bought at 364.

I dawdled before I got to the ship to buy it, and when I came to that item (Grey enamel was also sold at a juicy profit), it wasn't there anymore. Of course, I thought someone had noticed and done the trade. But I was curious who sold at that price and checked the Commodity Sellers Tab - see screenie

Now, one oddity I noticed while downloading DN's data was, that right in the middle of it, someone's Hemp (the word) changed to 370 and the background color of that cell only changed to white. No other errors that I could see were introduced, and I had the suspicion that for this particular vendor, maybe the quantity changed during the download.

Anyway, back to the screenie:

you can see the highlighted line as well as the 3rd line below that are for the same weaving stall.

Does that help? Is this what has to do with the insane profit bug? or is this just insane?

:D

Hope you had happy easter and many eggs
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Apr 6, 2010 3:30:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Instantflash

Bug report:

On Windows 7, when you run the Java Access Bridge, and you get a new shortcut on your desktop, the default puzzle pirates folder set in the shortcut is not designed for 7, rather for vista/xp. The path has to be set to "C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates" or else the new shortcut will return an error of "could not find getdown-dop.jar".
Instantflash on the Viridian
The Wrath of Armageddon
[Apr 21, 2010 5:44:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

That's not a Windows 7 specific issue. You installed Puzzle Pirates through your browser. That path is seen also on XP and Vista. I addressed this in an article on my web site.

Bug report:

On Windows 7, when you run the Java Access Bridge, and you get a new shortcut on your desktop, the default puzzle pirates folder set in the shortcut is not designed for 7, rather for vista/xp. The path has to be set to "C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates" or else the new shortcut will return an error of "could not find getdown-dop.jar".

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brandishwar at Apr 23, 2010 2:13:48 PM]
[Apr 23, 2010 8:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Major problem :( Reply to this Post

Okay, I'm stumped. I have been busy with other things for a week or so, and haven't been using PPTP.

But I just tried to use it again just now, and it won't work :(

It's telling me it can't find a PP window.

I even tried redoing the java access bridge install (overwriting the files that were already there) but nothing works.

As far as I can see, the ONLY thing that has changed since I last used PPTP, when it was working flawlessly, is a Java update. I now have Version 6 Update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02).

I'm heartbroken.
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[May 9, 2010 8:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Re: Major problem :( Reply to this Post

I've made a note to look into this. It is definitely interesting to say the least, but not the first time I've run into issues with new JRE versions breaking things...

Have you tried reverting to a previous version of the JRE until I can figure out what's going on? To download the previous version, if you don't currently have it, visit the Java Archive page. Look for "Java Platform Standard Edition" (shouldn't be far from the top), and the first item below it should be "JDK/JRE - 6" with the default option for the drop-down next to it being "6 Update 19". This will take you to a page to select either the JRE or JDK -- obviously you'll want the JRE -- then just follow the instructions on the following pages.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll let you know when I find something.

Okay, I'm stumped. I have been busy with other things for a week or so, and haven't been using PPTP.

But I just tried to use it again just now, and it won't work :(

It's telling me it can't find a PP window.

I even tried redoing the java access bridge install (overwriting the files that were already there) but nothing works.

As far as I can see, the ONLY thing that has changed since I last used PPTP, when it was working flawlessly, is a Java update. I now have Version 6 Update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02).

I'm heartbroken.

[May 11, 2010 8:39:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

Okay, all sorted, and PPTP is working perfectly again.

Thanks for the directions to the JRE downloads :)

I never had JRE 6 update 19 installed, as I have java updates limited to monthly. So I went from Update 18 to 20. I've downloaded and installed Update 18 again now, and things are perfect again.

Not sure if Update 19 has the same problem, but 20 definiltely stops PPTP working, as I tested by double-checking. I allowed Java to update itself to 20 after checking PPTP with the game and seeing that it worked fine with 18.

Immediately after the update finished, I tried PPTP again, using the same pirate, same ocean, same market screen. Got the old message that PP wasn't running etc.... I then redid the uninstall and reinstall of Update 18, rechecked PPTP with same parameters, and it works just fine.

So I hope you can find out what the latest Java is breaking, because we all need to keep current with Java for the sake of the game and other things.

I'm confident you'll get it sorted with a quickness though. Yer a gee-nee-uss after all :D
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[May 11, 2010 11:19:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Well it's a simple fix. When you upgrade your Java Runtime Environment, rerun the Access Bridge install script if you run into issues with the Trade Profiteer. Had no problems reproducing the problem, so figuring it out was easy.

Okay, all sorted, and PPTP is working perfectly again.

Thanks for the directions to the JRE downloads :)

I never had JRE 6 update 19 installed, as I have java updates limited to monthly. So I went from Update 18 to 20. I've downloaded and installed Update 18 again now, and things are perfect again.

Not sure if Update 19 has the same problem, but 20 definiltely stops PPTP working, as I tested by double-checking. I allowed Java to update itself to 20 after checking PPTP with the game and seeing that it worked fine with 18.

Immediately after the update finished, I tried PPTP again, using the same pirate, same ocean, same market screen. Got the old message that PP wasn't running etc.... I then redid the uninstall and reinstall of Update 18, rechecked PPTP with same parameters, and it works just fine.

So I hope you can find out what the latest Java is breaking, because we all need to keep current with Java for the sake of the game and other things.

I'm confident you'll get it sorted with a quickness though. Yer a gee-nee-uss after all :D

[May 11, 2010 10:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
algybot

That's odd, because I did exactly that before I posted the problem...

I wonder why that worked on your system but not on mine?
-------- ALGY
- On ALL Oceans
- Mainly Midnight
[May 12, 2010 5:00:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Ahoy again, all Reply to this Post

Ahoy everyone,

First let me apologize for the hiatus I had taken and allow me to explain what happened. In a word: life. At work, I was assigned to a large project that took up a considerable amount of time and mental capacity. That project began back in early March and came to a close, or at least my part of it, last week. As such, during much of that time, I didn't really feel I had the wherewithal to actually concentrate on any other projects including the Trade Profiteer. Much of my independent time was spent doing other things to allow me to relax.

Now that the work project has ended I feel I can actually put some time toward another project while I'm going through a project "cool down" period at work. As such I've got a couple ideas I'd like to explore and for which I'd like some feedback.

Now first, please don't inquire about the 1.1 version being "officially released". You can pretty much consider development on that pipeline to be closed. I'm not planning to turn it into anything official, and the codebase is relatively stable anyway, so go ahead and actually use it.

User interface changes

The primary mode of operation for the Trade Profiteer has been a tabbed interface with multiple pages. I'm considering doing away with the tabbed interface and instead breaking everything out into multiple windows. What this means is that instead of one window containing the multiple tabs, you would have multiple windows: one or more windows for routes, a separate window looking at market bid information, and so on.

All of these windows could be closed or opened (some might be restricted to just one instance), and there would be a tray icon to keep everything organized with a menu for "spawning" new windows, plus each separate window would have a menu option to bring up something else. On platforms that don't allow for a "tray icon" like on Windows, this would likely be the only way to bring up other windows, unless I create some kind of "master window", but that would probably be ugly as hell...

Multiple platforms

I've said that the next big version of the Trade Profiteer will be cross-platform. I'm actively investigating and learning a framework that I will likely be employing to that effect. Everything appears like it will go smoothly, and it is actually in light of that framework that I made the above proposal.

Don't expect packages for Windows, Mac, and Linux to be released simultaneously, at least not up front. Windows will be supported first, then Linux will be tested. If I can get my hands on a Mac (preferably) or a good developer with a Mac, then that will come when it can.

Feedback is welcome

Let me know what you think of these ideas. Feel free to provide any other suggestions you can think of. I'm open to ideas as this application is made with you in mind.

I will definitely be doing my best to keep development on this going, now that I feel I have the mental capital to spare. Again, feedback is certainly welcome. I've got other ideas in mind as well and I'll post them when I can get the words describing them together in some kind of coherent sentence.
[Jul 8, 2010 1:03:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

Re: Welcome back :) Reply to this Post

Good to see you back. I (and I'm sure the other users) understand about real life interfering with our favorite pasttime

Multiple-windows:

For me, personally, not a problem at all. But then I work with 2 monitor screens and have real estate to spare.

Positive: you can see multiple results at the same time. You have the Routes, and the Commodity Buyers' window you can now open at the same time, side by side to see if it's the same buyer for all the stuff you're about to buy and haul, and if he's got enough poe to pay for all of it, or if you should be selective. Yes, you can see that now in tabs, but it's nice to be able to do it side by side.

Negative: people who play YPP on full screen already have difficulties switching. How much more hassle would it be to "find" the proper window circling thru them all?

Multi-platform:

Guess I'll have to dig out my old linspire boxes and see if anything can work on that (or if they still work). I'm sure though, the Mac heads will be happy. Let's hope someone will come forward to help you :)

Again, welcome back, enjoy the game and your take on the extracurricular activities.
Windwench
HS on Viri:
[Jul 8, 2010 12:31:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
Meridien

Re: Ahoy again, all Reply to this Post

I use your program to export market data to a spreadsheet. I then remove all the buy and sell information for the stalls I own, consolidate the data taking the highest buy price and the lowest sell price. This information is then put onto a table with the current date, and voila - a series of numbers that track market prices over time.

Luckily I have enough excel knowledge to have automated much of this process, and can do a complete run only a couple of minutes. Unfortunately, I don't have enough knowledge to completely automate it.

So why am I bringing all this up? Well I think your tool could be as useful to shopkeepers as to traders. All the data processing I've outlined would be better done before the data hits the spreadsheet.

The biggest drawback at the moment though is that sell offers are not currently exported unless there is a corresponding buy offer.

I would love to see this in particular fixed for a future release, but also more functionality for shopkeepers might be nice.

Erudite on Hunter
[Jul 10, 2010 1:59:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Re: Ahoy again, all Reply to this Post

Well the next big version of the Trade Profiteer is under development, and it'll be targeting the .NET 2.0 Framework. I got frustrated trying to find C++ frameworks providing everything I need to port the Trade Profiteer, but .NET 2.0 provides it and the Mono Project, available for Mac and Linux as well as Windows, fully supports .NET 2.0 according to its website. Plus I've been wanting to learn .NET for several years so I figure now's a better time than later.

Right now the focus is on porting existing features.

Going on Meridien's post, there's been a lot of call for features for shopkeepers. Now I once owned a distilling stall (fairly profitable as well), and I've had an idea in mind to create a dedicated application for shopkeepers rather than inflate the features of the Trade Profiteer to cover running a shop, so I'm interested in what features you think might be good. Recipes, shoppe/stall types, commodities, and inventory management are obvious, in my opinion, so I'm looking for anything over that.

For the Trade Profiteer, data export seems to be the big name of the game, and I can understand why. The export implementations in the Trade Profiteer currently leave much to be desired, so I'm going to see how I can make that much, much more robust.

But is there anything else you'd like to see?

With the current development, I'm staying with the tabbed interface. I believe an idea was raised about a tray icon, and I'm considering it and might actually implement it. The separate Islands and Routes buttons will be consolidated into one feature. The separate commodity buyers and sellers tabs will be consolidated into one tab with a radio button to toggle if you want to look for buyers or sellers. The Island Review tab might become a tab on the data manager -- I'm not sure. Speaking of the data manager, a new tab is added there to look at shoppes and stalls for a selected island.

The Java Access Bridge is not going to be used anymore either if it's avoidable. I'm not going back to screen scraping if I can avoid it, but instead I'm going to create a Java tool that will utilize the Java Accessibility API but avoid the overhead the JAB was throwing in. This should also optimize the reading of the data, making it as fast as possible.

Otherwise I'm open to suggestions of features you'd like to see added or enhancements to existing features.
[Aug 27, 2010 2:07:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chook_fowler

This looks VERY promising..... Reply to this Post

First a bit of background, this installation was on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I'll be attempting to get it onto one of my 32 bit XP laptops tonight.

My initial main problem was, even after installing the correct java 5 version and making the shortcut with the tool, YPP would continue to display java 6 on the "about" screen (and yes I was using the java 5 shortcut). After a whole lot of trouble I took the plunge and followed Algybot's instructions (wipe & restart) and finally got the latest stable version going.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted. Finally, I can run through the whole of Midnight and get the best trades. It used to drive me insane when people would take advantage of my good work and beat me to the bargains before I had finished uploading all the data from every island with Pirate Commodity Trader (which can take up to 30 minutes or more).

Only one problem. I cannot get the Market Bidding information to download into the tool. After clicking on import with the MB window open, the YPP window gets focus, Windows 7 makes some noise and then it just searches forever. If you click on the OCR import window you get a pop up message stating "Fatal error while trying to detect the columns in the market data window".

If someone can tell me how to fix this my trading life will be complete.

cheers

Chookfowler
Midnight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chook_fowler at Aug 30, 2010 5:32:27 AM]
[Aug 29, 2010 9:58:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates