• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9755 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
yaypuzzlez

Comments on the blog. Reply to this Post

I just notice one slight annoying feature of this.. Latest comments are at the bottom.. Can you recode it so it's at the top?

For example this blog (Click me), it has tons of comments... And scrolling down sure is annoying with such massive comments. It be neat to have the latest comments at the top.
----------------------------------------
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Oct 20, 2008 5:33:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
worminator

Re: Comments on the blog. Reply to this Post

That's a really good idea, it's a pain to read every single post :s

Thumbs up from me!
~Deady
Salinity on the Hunter Ocean!
[Oct 20, 2008 5:35:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I love that the latest comments are at the bottom. I hate trying to read comments backwards, trying to unnaturally jump up post by post yet fall a train of comments.

I wish every blog would work like this.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 20, 2008 5:39:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

I'll second that I like the newest comments on the bottom. It flows better.
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Oct 20, 2008 7:34:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Blogs page loads longer than the forum for me. Which is why I would love to have it on top.
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Oct 20, 2008 10:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

I love that the latest comments are at the bottom. I hate trying to read comments backwards, trying to unnaturally jump up post by post yet fall a train of comments.

I wish every blog would work like this.

I agree. It's silly reading responses to things people post before having actually read that post. Please keep newest posts at the bottom.

What you could do though, as i've seen on another site, is only show the last 5 comments, with a link that says show all comments.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Oct 21, 2008 12:24:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

I have to admit I like the newest comments at the bottom, too. It's the way my personal blog is also set up.

I can see this becoming somewhat frustrating for the Spyglass posts that have 75-100 comments on them, though!
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Oct 21, 2008 1:01:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Would it make it any laggier to include preferences that would make the comments appear in any direction you please? Of course, preferences would probably mean getting an account of some sort.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Oct 22, 2008 9:09:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Would it make it any laggier to include preferences that would make the comments appear in any direction you please? Of course, preferences would probably mean getting an account of some sort.

Or just a a sort button.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Oct 22, 2008 6:02:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

I just notice one slight annoying feature of this.. Latest comments are at the bottom.. Can you recode it so it's at the top?

For example this blog (Click me), it has tons of comments... And scrolling down sure is annoying with such massive comments. It be neat to have the latest comments at the top.

Ye, I agree... Its annoying with a post with 2 Comments... So I can amagine one with like 50

OM's heres a little problem with your great game you might want to sort out
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[Mar 12, 2009 1:57:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates