• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4140 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Cronus
OceanMaster

January 2010 Familiar Auctions Reply to this Post

I've been told that my New Year's resolution is cleaning out some of my old junk*. Apparently I'm something of a pack rat. As a result, I have a few critters in my petting zoo that need a new home. So now is your chance to take one home to squeeze and hug and name him George**.

This thread offers a familiar auction on each of Cobalt, Hunter, Malachite, Midnight, Sage and Viridian oceans. This month, the familiar auctions will be for pieces of eight, and it will be a silent auction via PM.

The rules are straightforward.

1. Read this post thoroughly before bidding.

2. To bid, send a PM to account EventCronus before the deadline.
Note that PMs sent to the Cronus account, or any other, will be deleted without response. The deadline is 12 noon PST on Monday 1st February.

3. The subject of the PM must follow the format below.
Ocean / Pirate name / Bid amount in PoE
For example, if I was bidding 4,300,000 on Sage, the subject of my PM would be "Sage / Cronus / 4,300,000"
PMs that do not follow this subject format will be ignored without response.

4. Include the following information in the body of the PM.
Pirate name:
Ocean:
Bid amount:
Pirate holding the PoE:
Familiar choice (species and color(s)):
Whether the money is already in the specified location:
Your New Year's resolution:

The money can be held by your named pirate if you wish. An alt may hold the money, but only an alt on the same account as the named pirate will be allowed.

The available species are monkey, parrot and octopus. You may choose any available color other than all-white, all-black, or promotion colors.
Follow the links from the familiar page on the wiki to see available colors.
For parrot colors, please give the head color first, followed by the body color.

5. Ensure that you are available within 24 hours of the auction deadline, as winners will need to provide the poe within that time after the auction. If you are unsure of your availability, put the money on the specified pirate earlier.

Other notes

The auction deadline will be 12 noon PST on Monday 1st February.

You may enter the auction once on each eligible ocean. However, if you wish to bid on multiple oceans, please submit separate messages for each bid so that your PM subject is valid.

After the deadline, the highest bid on each ocean will be identified. A PM will be sent to the winning bidder on each ocean. If the money is already present on the specified pirate, the familiar will be traded immediately. If the money is not present, the winner will have 24 hours to reply to the PM and get the money in place. If the winner does not have the money within 24 hours of the deadline, the second highest bidder will be contacted instead.

After the auction, the winning bidders and their winning bids, will be posted in this thread.

To allow for errors in the PM, or a substantial increase in a bid, you may send TWO PMs for each auction. Any more than two will be considered spamming, and you will be disqualified.

Bids are binding. Do not bid if you are not willing or able to pay. Bid only when you have the money available.

Bids must be at least 500,000 pieces of eight.

If you have any questions, please ask in this thread, and I will update this post if necessary. EventCronus will not respond to questions, so don't try! :)

A final reminder that bids are only valid if they are sent by PM to EventCronus, follow the correct subject line format and contain all required information.

*Hera's mean and never lets me keep anything. Rise up against her tyranny mates!
**You are not required to name him George. Might I suggest Cronus?

----------------------------------------
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Jan 23, 2010 9:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EventCronus

Re: January 2010 Familiar Auctions Reply to this Post

Just a reminder - This is the forum account you need to send your PM to. No bids sent to Cronus will count.
[Jan 23, 2010 9:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hizmet

Why not on crimson too? But on crimson you could do a tan/tan familiar which is way cheap?

I also want a Familiar but i have 0 PoE on other oceans. Could you add Crimson Too?
Criman Of Meridian
[Jan 28, 2010 4:55:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Why not on crimson too? But on crimson you could do a tan/tan familiar which is way cheap?

I also want a Familiar but i have 0 PoE on other oceans. Could you add Crimson Too?

Crimson isn't a real ocean. :P
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Jan 28, 2010 8:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Yes it is: Crimson Ocean on YPPedia

It's a family ocean. To access it, you need to click on the "family oceans" tab from the ocean-select screen. It's not as visible as the standard oceans but is still very much as real as they are.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Jan 28, 2010 8:18:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hizmet

Yes it is: Crimson Ocean on YPPedia

It's a family ocean. To access it, you need to click on the "family oceans" tab from the ocean-select screen. It's not as visible as the standard oceans but is still very much as real as they are.

Umm Guppyzr I think he/she meant that no one actually plays there or no one cares about it...

Well actually It really is a "Real" Ocean. Economy is going up there, Stalls building and stuff are getting up...

Now back to topic.
Criman Of Meridian
[Jan 28, 2010 8:55:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Harrjm knows that - hence the :P

Crimson is not covered by any of our regular events, nor can it be a destination for prizes from our forum events.
[Jan 28, 2010 9:00:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Ah, I have this habit of completely ignoring smileys ;)

Sorry.
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Jan 28, 2010 9:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Ah, I have this habit of completely ignoring smileys ;)

Sorry.

Next time I'll be sure to add the hahaha j/k behind it. Oh and Crimson still isn't a real ocean, no matter how much people try to persuade me it is. That's like calling your kid's blow up pool a real pool. It's just a puddle to make the kids happy.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Jan 28, 2010 12:43:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Just wait till Mini-Harrjm hits Crimson...
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 28, 2010 2:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
brick0

Hi Cronus,
Can you please paste winning bid amounts for us to see.
Bricko of Viridian
[Feb 1, 2010 1:18:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chui111111

Hi Cronus,

This.
Brucee on Viridian
Semi-Retired and will only pop on for blockades!
[Feb 1, 2010 1:22:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Hi Cronus,

Cronus, in the Original Post wrote: 
After the auction, the winning bidders and their winning bids, will be posted in this thread.
It takes time to verify everything and get the familiars delivered.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 1, 2010 2:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Familiar Auction Winners: All familiars have been delivered!

Cobalt:
Stevensam - Yellow Monkey
Bid Amount: 2,750,003

Hunter:
Jopee - Rose Octopus
Bid Amount: 8,666,999

Malachite:
Vylcan - Magenta Octopus
Bid Amount: 3,200,000

Midnight:
Redshadow - Yellow Monkey
Bid Amount: 2,500,000

Sage:
Zizepki - Red Monkey
Bid Amount: 8,201,000

Viridian:
Aethonx - Brown Monkey
Bid Amount: 9,759,999

Random Tidbits:
- 59 valid bids were placed across all oceans.
- Midnight had the fewest bids.
- Viridian had the most bids.
- The most common resolution was about food, with YPP related resolutions coming in a close second. Ah, my two favorite things.
- More bids ended with a 9 than any other number.
- Not one single resolution was about rising up against the evil Hera. I'm saddened by this.

A Random Assortment of Resolutions:

The ones that make me sad:
"Eat less chocolate." - Brings a tear to the eye.
"Eat less cheese." - I'd make this against the TOS, but Artemis would take my toys away.
"Bake more cookies, but eat fewer cookies." - Unless you share the leftovers, my heart breaks for the unwanted cookies.

The ones that make me happy:
"To study hard and get good grades in school."
"Drink more pineapple juice." - Yum!
"Eat the red smarties last." - I already do this with red M&Ms.
"Eat more vegetables." - To be followed by cheese and chocolate.
"Get a Ultimate in Rigging." - You and I both!
"Play more Puzzle Pirates!!" - But of course.
"Breed Octopi to produce baby Octopi" - Finally, a tie-dyed octopus.
"To stop breaking my New Year's resolutions."
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Feb 1, 2010 4:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Aww you didn't like my resolution?
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Feb 1, 2010 10:43:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates